AreaEnviroment changes aren't visible until I test the world

+
You gotta activate/deactivate the parameter you're changing. There should be a on/off parameter at the top of each sub parameter.

I have tried that Tekoppar and I can't see any changes, and I also found out I no longer see the particles in the editor.

Are you sure that the area environment you're using is activated under World Envinronment > Fake Daycycle?

If you stopped seeing particles in the editor, then you played the game in the editor once, right? After you played it, you can't see changes of the area environment with deactivating/activating the parameter, particles are missing and entity templates have no animations.
You can see the changes of the area environment if you go to "World Environment" and click "Stabilize Area Environment", but it is a pretty slow way of doing it. It is better to restart Redkit. So if you played your mod and want to change the area environment, it is best to start Redkit again and everything should work.

Ok I will try that Benze, and Tekoppar I have tried that as well, but still same result.

Thanks for your help both of you, I'll try and see if it works.

Shouldn't it be moved to Redkit Bugs subforum if it is glitchy? I thought that i'm doing something wrong but if it is real issue, then somebody from CDProjekt should be aware of it.

They've been aware of it since november, but I think they decided that there are more important bugs right now. I think this is better, since this is only an issue with the "comfort" of Redkit.
As far as I know they have some "free time" every few weeks to do other things than The Witcher 3 and some of them try to solve bugs in Redkit. There are still a few "game breaking bugs", so I hope they solve them first. But of course it is always good to let them know what needs to be fixed in the future.

If the OP replies back with yes that fixed or no it didn`t to Benz suggestion then this may be moved to Bugs forum .

Hey tommy, can you move this to bugs, Im getting this problem again, except that now nothing will fix it, I can activate and deactivate and nothing, Restart REDkit and nothing, restart computer and nothing, the only way to see the changes is to test the mod, but its pretty slow.

PS: whats stabilize area environment for?

Last edited:
Like I said, if you click "stabilize area environment" and you have it activated in the World tab, then you see your area environment and the changes you made.

OK, but any idea on this bug I have? can't see changes even if I follow all your methods

Made a few tests, not even Stabilizing the Area Environment works

More details, when I change the time it stays dark always or it stays bright always even on day/night, unless I stabilize the Area Environment, then it changes to always bright or to always dark. but never as it should be, bright on days , dark on nights.

Last edited:
OK it was the areaenvironment itself which caused this, I deleted the area and made a new one and it works perfectly now, any idea what might have bugged the area?

Well, the area doesn't get bugged by itself. You probably screwed up some parameters without realizing it because the changes weren't visible immediately. Creating an area environment is not an exact science (at least if you're not the one who created the tool). :D

I have been playing with EnvironmentAreas and once I thought I knew how every parameter in GlobalFog worked, I moved something I couldn't understand and from then on I couldn't fix it, had to load an older save.

the only rule with the area environmets I have knew: When you think you have understood everything perfectly, every thing you understand changes.

Top Bottom