Arena is a mess when it comes to leader skins.

+
So right now in Arena for some reason every faction's set of leader abilities has just one leader skin assigned to it - for example every deck where you pick a Scoi'atel ability has Filavandrel, every Northern Realms ability is Foltest, Monsters is Eredin, Nilfgaard is Emhyr, etc.

The sounds of the leaders(grunts etc.), on the other hand, are consistent with the leaders assigned to the ability before the latest change, whereas the voicelines are consistent with the skin, so you can play for example as Filavandrel with Francesca's sounds, but Filavandrel's voicelines.

Hopefully the team can fix this.

Moreover, choosing abilities in the beginning is also quite contraproductive. For example, almost all syndicate choices are quite useless, if you will not have any useful cards from that faction. It is probably better solution than choosing ability in the end, however the most optimal thing would be to know your choices during whole draft phase and pick ability in the end....

Leader ability sounds and skin mismatch are present across all game modes. It really needs fixing since it takes a lot of the polish off the game.
Moreover, choosing abilities in the beginning is also quite contraproductive. For example, almost all syndicate choices are quite useless, if you will not have any useful cards from that faction. It is probably better solution than choosing ability in the end, however the most optimal thing would be to know your choices during whole draft phase and pick ability in the end....
This has kind of been a problem even when leaders were picked at the end. I think the original suggested fix - the option to redraw and choose from another 3 leaders after drafting - would work without being to far out of scope for what CDPR seems to want Arena to be.

Also the recent changes to make leader abilities work only with their class cards really hurt arena, further expanding to the pool of useless abilities, cause the syndicated expansion wasn't enough.

My suggestion would be to create 3 new abilities only for arena and have Gaunter as a leader skin.

Guest 4336264

I think I preferred the leaders as they were, rather than the recent change - and that includes in the Arena.

Top Bottom