Arena is evolving

+
I'm ok with the fact that Arena needs to change (Gold/Bronze picks ratio can be ridiculous depending on pure luck) BUT don't close it ! If you want to introduce a new mode, you can do it without closing Arena.

At least, let it open until the new mode is ready !

I don't like Arena, i never did. I prefer constructerd formats in any TCG i play but i would say do not remove the Arena mode. There is a portion of your audiance that plays it, and a move like this can alienante a portion of your playerbase. We should be striving for more modes in Gwent, not less.

There should be inclusion of all playstyles and this is what leads to a healthier game and community.

I play arena daily too. Sometimes after playing ranked game and getting very frustrated, arena makes me smile.

Getting to pro rank is frustrating experience. You win 1 and then lose the next 2. This season particularly so.

Do not take arena away or close it till your draft mode is ready. Just let it run so players like me can continue playing.

Yea it is mostly luck but sometimes we want something casual and it is still fun for somewhat new players (this is my 4th season) like me to try different cards.

Seasonal mode is only slightly different from ranked mode and not that fun actually. Maybe u can close seasonal instead if you need resources.

Seasonal mode is only slightly different from ranked mode and not that fun actually. Maybe u can close seasonal instead if you need resources.
Even though a lot of people are lazy and just play their regular decks in Seasonal, you generally won't win very often unless you construct a special deck tailored to the unique rule of the current season. More than any other aspect of Gwent, Seasonal is designed to test your deck-building skills. Truth be told, it's usually my default play mode, and I strongly disagree with your statement that it's more expendable than Arena. Both have their merits.

Also, Draft is most likely going to be very similar to Arena, if not the same experience, so your favorite mode isn't being deleted; it will just be absent for 2 or 3 months. I do realize that this is still depressing news. Unfortunately, disappointment seems to be what the Gwent developers try their hardest to cultivate, so this decision to remove Arena months before they intend to release its replacement is par for the course.

Can someone make sense why CDPR have to turn off Arena for a few months while they are developing a new one? This is so silly. They should keep the current Arena playable until they are ready to roll out the new playing mode.

Otherwise, there might be no reason to play Gwent for a while because:
- Ranked is boring, especially in pro rank and close to it.
- Seasonal is subject to personal preference. For example, I really liked 8 second turns last month but this month I don't like seesaw at all.

Haha. Just when I'm getting back into Arena since last week. Oh man, CDPR. You never disappoint. XD However, this is probably good long-term, as I'm tired of the limited "arena superstar" cards you see everytime, while some cards are just devoid of value, making the mode not quite as fun as it could be.

Draft mode sounds promising. They'd have to make an AI for drafting, though, as I wouldn't be able to stomach PvP drafting online. Imagine waiting in 6-man rooms. That won't work at all. Imho drafting is pointless as you'd be playing people from different pools that might've been blessed with much better cards, making your deck weaker in comparison. The way others do it is keeping track of picking orders and just let the AI replicate that.

Haha. Just when I'm getting back into Arena since last week. Oh man, CDPR. You never disappoint. XD However, this is probably good long-term, as I'm tired of the limited "arena superstar" cards you see everytime, while some cards are just devoid of value, making the mode not quite as fun as it could be.

Draft mode sounds promising. They'd have to make an AI for drafting, though, as I wouldn't be able to stomach PvP drafting online. Imagine waiting in 6-man rooms. That won't work at all. Imho drafting is pointless as you'd be playing people from different pools that might've been blessed with much better cards, making your deck weaker in comparison. The way others do it is keeping track of picking orders and just let the AI replicate that.

My hope is that they generate a card pool for you when you pay the entry fee. They give you X provisions and a choice of 5 or 6 leaders that you drafted. You build your best deck from the card pool they give you. Anything else worries me.

Instead of the "most prominent" questions about a 100 ore and shards, the ones that should have actually been answered are:
1. Why are you removing the Arena in 3 weeks, if your new game mode won't be beta ready until the end of the year? and
2. Why are you removing Arena AT ALL, instead of just adding the new game mode to the existing options?

Instead of the "most prominent" questions about a 100 ore and shards, the ones that should have actually been answered are:
1. Why are you removing the Arena in 3 weeks, if your new game mode won't be beta ready until the end of the year? and
2. Why are you removing Arena AT ALL, instead of just adding the new game mode to the existing options?

1. I asked the same question. It probably has to do with maintaince of the arena in regard to minor changes between seasons, but whatever the reason it is a bad choice.

2. This part actually makes sense to me. There are two issues that they need to deal with. First is having enough player base to support the new mode. Arena is already a pretty fixed player base. If you divide it between the new mode and the old you may cause both to have long matchmaking and lack opponent diversity. The other issue is server resource and developer resources. I think they don’t want to tie up time, energy, money, etc... beyond what they are prepared to do for draft mode.

I wouldn't mind to see comeback of very first mode that was introduced in arena as a side mode( You building worst possible deck and swapping with your opponent ) That was truly hilarious :D A lot of fun.

Last edited:
The idea to develop the Arena mode into something better is a great one.
But the idea to turn off the Arena mode completely for months before a new mode is out is simply dumb and I can't understand why'd they do that! o_o
- I say this even though I don't like Arena and I only play it on very rare occasions. If they would remove Arena 1 week before the new mode comes out then it'd be okay, BUT to have it removed MONTHS before FOR NO REASON (!!) makes no sense.
The only sense I could see in it is that the dev team is infiltrated and taken over by anti-Gwent saboteurs.

The idea to develop the Arena mode into something better is a great one.
But the idea to turn off the Arena mode completely for months before a new mode is out is simply dumb and I can't understand why'd they do that! o_o
- I say this even though I don't like Arena and I only play it on very rare occasions. If they would remove Arena 1 week before the new mode comes out then it'd be okay, BUT to have it removed MONTHS before FOR NO REASON (!!) makes no sense.
The only sense I could see in it is that the dev team is infiltrated and taken over by anti-Gwent saboteurs.

...nah, they must be not allowed to use any more resources for the game imo, no other logical explanation makes sense to me.

- Well... it's just a suspicion of mine, i'm not saying it's true, it looks that way because they didn't give any valid explanation.

- When I said "resources" I mean just about anything, from technical, to human resources...

- An alternative theory would be that they are planning to add abilities-cards that might break the way the game is being played in the Arena atm.

- I really don't know man and i'm no Arena expert either, you tell me what you think cause indeed it makes no sense whatsoever.

- An alternative theory would be that they are planning to add abilities-cards that might break the way the game is being played in the Arena atm.

I doubt it. What literaly every cardgame does in these situations is just ban the card from that mode. ES:Legends did it well, and there's definitely cards in Gwent that I'm sure no one has ever picked in Arena, unless you just want to clown around. I'm sure no one will cry about a couple of cards not being in Arena. Plenty of cards right now.

As many mention, it makes little sense to remove the mode way before release of the reworked one. This game desperately needs a non-ranked mode. And as "casual" is practically dead, something must be there to keep us from playing against the same deck, sequencing almost the same.

Why can't they just leave for people opportunity to finish contracts like "Win N arenas"/"Finish N Arenas" compleating them in this "new fancy" draft mode?! Such effords were made for that achievements and when you are in 10 wins from the goal - nope it will be gone forever/
Now, I sincerely wish Gwent to lose popularity and die, Cyberpunk to not live up to expectations, and Sapkowski to sue more money from CDPR for whatever reason he will come up with

This isn’t quite fair — While I see occasional net decks in casual, there remains a large amount of variety there.

As I said, I wouldn't have an idea, as it keeps connecting for minutes, so I just turn to competitive. But it's not like it's in an awful state. You just see that shield deck way too much.

Never did like Arena. I play Gwent bc of the reduced RNG stupidity that other card games have but in Arena its just like, the person with the better cards win. I mean, I've played other CCGs with their own version of Arena and tbh, Gwent has the worst one.

Top Bottom