Arena Mode Special Mimic Ruleset

+
Arena Mode Special Mimic Ruleset

So I have yet to try it but in this new mode but you will swap decks with your opponent.

I guess the point is to draft the worst deck possible.

Will this make anyone play arena? Maybe just a few runs?

Dunno. Maybe if I'm in the mood for goofing off. Usually I derive my satisfaction and pleasure in games from trying to figure out what strategy works best, and what I can do to improve my odds. Playing a pile doesn't seem very fun from that standpoint.
Come to think of it though, it is interesting in that both players know what the other player is playing, so it is in fact possible to devise an actual game plan, even if it'll be necessarily improvised.
I'll give it a shot.

I'd be more interested in an all-bronze Arena though.

NomanPeopled;n10836741 said:
Mickoman91;n10837521 said:
Maybe you didn't draft worst possible deck for opponent
My natural bad luck, I suppose: I picked the lowest, most problematic cards from the available selection, but still lost -- three times.

Gaunter O'Dimm was, no doubt, quite amused.

I played few rounds today and enjoyed it a lot!

It's fun in a twisted way, because you know your opponent's deck but not yours :D And it's also challenging and fun to try to draft a terrible deck. I really hope we will see more of this mode in the future =) I also enjoy the normal Arena version, but this is a nice change.

I couldn't imagine something more stupid and chance-based than regular arena. Man, I was wrong. :)
So I managed to build a deck with more golds, than I've ever seen in any of my previous arena runs, had to unbrick half my supposed to be brick cards, because somehow all the other options were even worse, and topped it up with Eithne as leader because the other two looked strong and hey, the deck had only a single special card... which needless to say my opponent managed to play in every single match I had.

But finally we have a new mulligan algorithm, which is probably the reason why I had to mulligan away the same 1-point brick twice before getting stuck with it after the 3rd round mulligan.

Well at least the new premium cards are pretty...

I tried it already, won 4 times but lost twice so far :p the problem is the leader, because every other leader seemed a more consistent choice. The leader is actually powerful.

Whispering Hillock:

Saesenthesis: Destroyer
Ithlinne Aegli
Rainfarn
Cerys: Fearless
Roche Merciless

Pavko Gale
Lambert
Brewess
Necromancy
Vincent Meis
She-Troll of Vergen
Serrit
Champion of Hov

Tridam Infantry
Daerlan Soldier
Clan Heymaey Protector
Rock Barrage
Kaedweni Revenant

and various others :p

This mode makes me rage, when i play normal arena i got Shupe like once every 20 runs, when i play this mode i get it almost all the time.

quantum_number;n10837941 said:
Does anybody know which deck the deck tracker shows: the one you drafted, or the one given by the opponent?

The deck tracker shows the deck that you build (for your opponent) so you truly have no idea what your opponent drafted for you to play. This concept might seem goofy and fun but to be honest it's mostly just throwing down DEAD cards over and over and over and since there is no special reward, title, or avatar to unlock playing mimic arena mode, I find this mode to be SPECIALLY BORING with no extra incentive to play mimic over classic Arena.

Guest 4021160

mfool123;n10839671 said:
The deck tracker shows the deck that you build (for your opponent) so you truly have no idea what your opponent drafted for you to play.

But you know what to expect from your opponent.

Sooo, that's what happened to me last night! I was... hmm... how do you say it... not very sober. And couldn't understand what are those cards I was playing... sigh of relief. I thought alcohol finally got me :p

:cheers:

mfool123;n10839671 said:
The deck tracker shows the deck that you build (for your opponent)

Thanks. I assumed it showed the deck you get from the opponent which would be an unfair advantage.

I played 2 games of the mimic arena before breaking the contract. I don't find it fun or interesting. If I wanted to play crappy decks, I'd jump over to constructed and build a deck out of half of any faction's cardpool.

One piece of advise: Dont use cards, that can draw a chosen card out of the deck, because you can see all the cards in this deck then, and make a plan ;P

Tried the new mode today. Drafted a deck with only 3 bronzes. Three, Carl!

That being said, it's performing okay so far.

Top Bottom