Arena-Mode Suggestion: Build your own cross-faction deck

+
Caveat: I actually don't play Arena. I've tried with the shards offered for free and it is just not my thing. Why not? Because you basically have zero influence on the deck building. You are presented with a selection and take a pick and then you hope for the best, that the cards all actually work in your favor. As a player I am, in a way, at the mercy of the cards I was presented with, and even if I did get a lot of gold cards they still might not provide a well playable hand.

So here my proposal:
- Allow the player to build the usual deck, i.e. 4 gold, 6 silver and at least 15 bronze (respectively what Homecoming will stipulate).
- However, do not enforce factions, i.e. in each category I can pick cards from any faction (naturally incl. neutral)

Benefits:
- As a player I can try out cards, that I have not in my personal pool (true in a way already, except for the little influence on getting specific cards)
- Cross-faction synergies become available. Examples:
* Combine longships with D'aos, have Coral and Schirru at the same time, ...
* Nekker warriors duplicate any bronze (axemen, elfs, viper witchers, ... ;-)
* Foglets jump out when Ida creates fog, and so on

I think you get the picture.

Especially with Homecoming apparently limiting to two bronzes (less synergies?), this might even become more interesting. In any case, I as player would be in control of the deck building again and would enter the arena battle with my choice of weapons instead of having to rely on what luck provided me with. I also think it would provide a lot of fun in experimenting with card abilities and synergies.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
The whole point of Arena is the randomness and try to make the best with what you have. Being able to create a cross-faction deck defeats the whole purpose. Users will want to create the most powerful deck in order to get the best loot, which actually creates an even more stale meta. The worst part, though, is that the game will be completely unbalanced; like massively broken. So, this suggestion should never ever happen, unless as a temporary event.

The whole point of Arena is the randomness and try to make the best with what you have. Being able to create a cross-faction deck defeats the whole purpose. Users will want to create the most powerful deck in order to get the best loot, which actually creates an even more stale meta. The worst part, though, is that the game will be completely unbalanced; like massively broken. So, this suggestion should never ever happen, unless as a temporary event.

I kinda agree, arena is like a gamble, you are not supposed to win all 9 matches (sometimes even 3 can prove a hard task). It's all about luck, some thinking ahead and making most of the worst situation.

Although red/blue coin clash really makes arena harder and more unbalanced than it should be.

If you are open to playing Arena as it is I can offer some suggestions / tips to do well.

Aside from that the present Arena seems good and your idea seems like it should directed toward a different mode altogether.

Hmm, all fair points, so perhaps the idea was not as good as I thought at first. I appreciate the feedback though.

Top Bottom