Aretuza Journey begins!

+

Delve into the memoirs of Alissa Henson as she reflects upon her time at the prestigious school for sorceresses: Aretuza. New Journey season is now available for free on all supported platforms and it will last for the next 3 months.​

I love this new type of Journey. Not surprised there is no new Leader skin, as it was really heavily implied in various contexts, and a customisable board is really sweet.

Not to mention text-based stories are back!
And the music vanities...

Premium was an instant purchase for me. :D

DRK3

Forum veteran
I like they're doing something different with this new Journey.

But the text on the announcement is quite misleading, it gave me the impression this Journey is totally free since there's no mention of premium pass, but that's not the case as it can be seen in the video.

The cosmetics presented in the new journey are as varied as they are gorgeous! I was set to obtain it as soon as I laid eyes on the very first cardback, but we have boards and music part of the package! I also want to note the journey story is back, and seemingly with the changed format some players (myself included) asked for back in the day, with the text and visuals to accompany it. Truly a pleasure.

I think that CPR seriously overestimated interest for boards, coins and avatars. Hard Core fans will support no mater what, as seen in previous comments, but most of the profit comes from casual fans, like me, and for most people, collecting is the driving point, collecting and upgrading - there are only few skins available, so little compared with number of possible avatars, for example

Not having a skin in jurney will seriously impact number of sales, there is no doubt about it.

It is purely psyhological, you must wait 3 months for new skin from Jurney, and if you miss it, you can't get it. Avatars, borders, coins - that all comes all the time, and is not considered premium

I have a network of about hundred people who play Gwent I keep in touch with. 100% of them bought Triss Jurney. None, including me, bought the new one - reason - no leader skin. And I was on paying page, I would have bought if I didn;t wanted to see how it looks, and realized there is none.

Skin is not a must, but was exelant selling point. You will see, next Jurney will have one, as sales will drop. The only downside is that we have 3 months now without new skin in Jurney.

I always support CDPR by purchased every Journey Premium but I didn't do any fast travel. I also purchase Journey Premium as long as I'm playing Gwent.

but I want to complain once for this The Aretuza journey.

I'm ok about the lack of leader skin because those new game boards are great.
The part I'm a bit sad is "duplicate" legendary card which were given during previous journey.

if I remembered correctly, I believe Coral and Triss are duplicate. This quite a surprise that Gwent does not have duplicate protection even in guarantee legendary cards from journey premium.

This is not really impact to me directly because I got almost every cards in the game due to the time I've played Gwent. But I just feel sad for new players who lack of cards and happy to purchase journey premium previously. But the new journey just repeat the legendary card that already given in the past.

I doubt that how hard it gonna be to:
1) change to the same name but different card (but both philipa possibly already given)
2) then, change to the new card
3) if it's not fit to the storyline, is it possible to give 800 scraps or a guarantee legendary keg.

Last edited:
The part I'm a bit sad is "duplicate" legendary card which were given during previous journey.

Yeah, giving us Coral and Phillipa premium legendaries two Journeys in a row seems like poor planning.... Not to mention that the Yennefer card is another duplicate from her Journey.

So for long-time Journey supporters, 3/7 of the premium legendaries are duplicates.

So for long-time Journey supporters, 3/7 of the premium legendaries are duplicates.
I agree. There's a lot of fun stuff in this journey, but my main goal is to collect all the cards. I just started playing this year, and I still need almost 200 legendaries. Getting guaranteed gold cards in the premium journey is exciting for me, so I'm very disappointed to have 3/7 be duplicates from previous journeys. Please don't duplicate them!

Short and sweat: this new journey is bloody fantastic! So many great ideas, music and that awesome board. I love it.
And I will never get those folks who want a journey to complete their card collection. That is not the intention.

Loving and definitely getting the new journey. No leader skin for this one is fine by me considering there are new boards and the music bit, wich is a very interesting addition.
A couple of things that disappointed me however are the inclusion of premiums from past journeys, as some of the players mentioned above, and the Triss/Yen, Vilgefortz/Phiippa card backs that are practically duplicated as well (yes, iknow that they swapped top and bottom character and the colour palette but it feels like two of the same) IMHO it would be smarter to dedicate a cardback to each of the four rather than duplicating them in such way.
In general looks like a great journey though and i am excited to start in a few minutes.

Last edited:
omg, yes, the screaming was such a problem for me, as I usually listne music loud, and every time I load Gwent I have to run to it to tone it down
I really disliked screaming

everything else was ok :)

Like I mentioned, A LOT of people are really dissapointed with leader skin missing and are skipping the journey this time, but other then that, everything is awesome

Hello!
I also came here because I want to make a complaint.
3 of 7 legendarys are duplicates from the last jurney premium pass. This is unacceptable.
This is somewhat a spitting on the faces of supporters.

Duhad

Forum regular
After skipping Yen and Triss (Yen cus I was burnt out and needed a break from the game and Triss cus... I don't really like Triss) I am very happy to be back on the journey wagon! The lack of leader skin was an odd one, but honestly I have so many leader skins at this point and so few boards that I'm MORE then happy to get some new backgrounds and music tracks while just getting to play with some of my favorite older leader skins.

Shame about the duplicate cards and and reused card backs, that stuff IS rather disappointing, but for 10$ I feel pretty good about what is on offer.

Hehe, I like this contract name a lot. References like this are great.
1628060287241.png

Just a few more levels and I'll get the first music vanity. Can't wait. :D

Don't really get the complaining about the reward cards. Milling premiums gets you powder and scraps, so it's not like they're worthless. Especially the Golds.

Top Bottom