Armor - how does it actually work ?

+
Hoping a RED can answer this.

OK so ... I've looted an all-over Araska Nethacking suit, which off the top of my head (I'm on the work machine right now waiting for a live-stream, instead of the gaming PC so I can't check the the exact stats) has an armor rating of 20-something.

I've also got individual upper body and lower body items which (individually) have lower ratings. Highest-rated lower-body item is a pair of hot-pants (go figure) aka 'booty. shorts' (yes, playing a female V - don't know if males have the 'hot-pants' option haha), higher than all my pairs of pants. The skirts seem to have better armor ratings than the pants too !

So -

(1) Am I better protected using the all-over suit, or individual pieces ? If my upper and lower body individual pieces have a combined rating of 37 (20 + 17) vs the 28 (say) of the all-over suit, do I just go with the 'combined' rating of the two individual pieces, or is the all-over suit with it's individual rating of 28 still better ?

(2) Given WE can dismember limbs when attacking enemies, does wearing a 'lower body' item of clothing with no legs (e.g. skirt, booty shorts) or an upper body item clothing with no sleeves (e.g. bustier, crop top) make a difference in terms of the armor / protection only applying to the parts of the body covered (so enemies can basically hack OUR limbs off), or is the absence / presence of legs and sleeves a 'cosmetic' / display consideration only, and the armor rating applies to the WHOLE section of the body, irrespective of limbs being exposed or not ?

(3) Finally, I can layer jackets + tops / jackets + the Araska over-all suit. I'm guessing here the armor ratings ARE combined on upper half of body where the items are layered, but would the lower-half of the body just have the 'base' armor rating of the all-over suit ?

Thanks !

Every piece of clothing adds to your total armor.
The full body suit should still let you wear a jacket over it. It's basically just a shirt, even though it covers all of you.

As for limb damage, I don't think it matters. You just have a total armor value.

Attachments

• My Stats.GIF
    My Stats.GIF
    367.6 KB · Views: 111
Every piece of clothing adds to your total armor.
The full body suit should still let you wear a jacket over it. It's basically just a shirt, even though it covers all of you.

As for limb damage, I don't think it matters. You just have a total armor value.

Thanks Adam. So amusingly enough, my total armor with this outfit is higher than using the Araka suit *lol*

vee.JPG

Top Bottom