Armor in the W3

+
So i made couple changes

best way is to open pics in new tab and quickly switch between them

old

new

Hope heavy Makhakaman armor will look better with level up/upgrades. I thought it will be more like Dwarves regal armor from Hobbit than some grunt armor from tavern that drunk with Geralt.

@scratcherpen
Dear lord. That Nilfgaardian armor looks really good but it just seems so ridiculous for Geralt to use that.
Also strangely enough looks like it's not anywhere near as durable as you might think at first glance.

Last edited:
Thats not the witcher armor, so thats why its look not suit to Geralt. There are others-like eternal fire, heavy makhakaman and many others that not witchers gear, but still Geralt able to use it

I really like how they let you wear anything.

I mean, what´s more frustrating than an NPC/Enemy having a gourgeous armour and you can't get it?

Guest 3702081

I really like how they let you wear anything.

I mean, what´s more frustrating than an NPC/Enemy having a gourgeous armour and you can't get it?
I guess we'll get certain armor under certain circumstances anyway. The Elegant Courtier's Doublet for instance surely is something Geralt would rather wear on a banquet (like on Thanedd when Yennefer brought him to the meeting). In retrospect it was a bit weird that Geralt showed up at Leuvaarden's banquet in the same attire he wore in the swamps, the sewers, etc. Triss, how could you overlook such a detail?

Maybe it's even necessary to wear certain armor or clothes to get access to certain people or areas.

So is it true that armor does not have any stats on it at all? That armor is for aesthetic reasons? What about weapons?

So is it true that armor does not have any stats on it at all? That armor is for aesthetic reasons? What about weapons?

No that's not true, I've no idea where you got that idea? Look at the trailer around 2:33, it shows stats for different armour.

I guess I should have phrased my question better. Does anyone know if multiple sets of the same witcher armor are obtainable?

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before. But since this game is so much more expansive than the previous games, can you still use the starting default gear through most of the game, or do you need to upgrade at some point? I remember how in the first one you could have basically the same gear the whole game xD

You might get away with initial equipment for a while... but I can't imagine that it will make for an easy culmination.

There were definite advantages to picking weapons and armour near the upper end of the range (if not actually maxing out). I played FCR *almost* exclusively, so my play balance was noticeably different from vanilla, but I think that it was probably even more helpful to upgrade in vanilla.

I'm hoping that sword damage is predominantly skill based. rather than being too much on the piece of steel... I may be disappointed but if so then I'm hopeful for modding opportunities down the line, in the style of FCR.

Armor choices.

As the witcher is set in the 13th century. So do you think there might be armor sets like Knight's Templar or maybe weapons of the crusaders.

In the world of the witcher there are no such orders like the Templars. It's a fantasy world created by A. Sapkowski which is only loosley based on the medieval age.
So there won't be neither Templars nor Crusaders.

Top Bottom