Armor in the W3

+
@Arius87 is correct. But in saying that the Witcher 1 did contain armor sets worn by npc's that resemble Templar armour's. In particular npc's that wore 13th century flat topped Heaume's. whilst its slightly possible but not likely that the amour set will be in the game on npc's, it is even less likely that there will be a set for Geralt to wear that resembles Templar armour.

As the witcher is set in the 13th century. So do you think there might be armor sets like Knight's Templar or maybe weapons of the crusaders.
The Witcher 3 isn't set during the 1200's, it's simply based on 13th century society. So there won't be any historical cultures in the game, just fantasy cultures like Temeria, Redania (feudal kingdoms), Nilfguaard (an early renaissance empire), and the Skellige tribes (which are based on Vikings.)

As for armor, so far we know that there are three types of armors in the game: Light, Medium, and Heavy. I don't what know the visual tropes of each armor type is, but we do know that there are a few that sport long, chain-mail skirts in the fashion of medieval knights like the Templars. I hope that answers your question.

Here are a few images of armors in the game.
View attachment 12985View attachment 12986

Attachments

• Geralt Long Armor.png
    Geralt Long Armor.png
    370.2 KB · Views: 1,193
  • Geralt Armors.jpg
    Geralt Armors.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 191
Just for kicks, I spliced together another image of armors. It's in spoilers to make the page easier to load.

@MFrost Yeah, it's definitely Nilfguard armor. It's also the only yellow armor in the group, probably signifying that it's the rarest.

Attachments

• Geralt 9 Armors.jpg
    Geralt 9 Armors.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 997
Last edited:
I must say some of those clothes look pretty fancy. I never thought I would play dress-up with Geralt, but it looks like I will.
That Nilfgaardian armor is top priority though.

. . . and fully articulated tempered tassets, with demi-cuishes, and unobtrusive fan-plated poleyns. (The first one to decipher this gets a REDpoint.)

Last edited:
I want no armor nor clothes, neither towels...

pfff... I wasting time asking it for...

I can imagine CDPR answer...

Well, I blame a past forumite, a certain Blothulfur, for condemning the fabulous TW2 gear. Because now, we haven't seen anything nearly as fabulous as the Dark sets or Vran armor. And I weep. I weep for the fabulousness of TW2, that we may never see it again....

*runs away*

too bad. i remember in witcher 2 there was a trophy slot which you can edit to replace on of the trophies with a beaver hat

Top Bottom