Armor in the W3

+
Real full plate armor is not that heavy or cumbersome. Normal people can do handstands and summersaults in it.

So geralt rolling in plate is no more unrealistic then him rolling with two swords on his back.(also lol at drawing a longsword from your back)

It is true that plate armor is not as heavy and restricting as people think, but it is definitely quite heavy (compared to other armors) and makes it much harder to do agile stuff. Yes, you can roll in them, but why would you wear it, if you focus on avoiding hits, not taking them.

Anyway, even the early "heavier looking" armors were quite silly (although acceptable), but this one is just ridiculous. What next? Make Geralt fight in helmet? Wait.....

Last edited:
It's fine stop complaining variety is good dont like em dont use em that's what I think, I'd rather have bad ones or decent ones than nothing at all. And I personally like all the armour, mainly the medium and heavy it looks nice.

Please remain on topic. This in not about realism of full plate mail movement etc...
It's about heavy armored witcher. what about the lore? Never heard a witcher would wear a heavy armor. Visually? It sucks.

Really? Did you ever try to do a somersault in the full plate armor? It's ridiculous.
Not me personally, but there are vidoes of it on the internet. And if you have any knowledge of Medieval armor, you'd know its not as heavy as often portrayed.

Anyway, its fine to not like it. But using a realism argument to support that doesnt fly here.

---------- Updated at 02:40 PM ----------

It is true that plate armor is not as heavy and restricting as people think, but it is definitely quite heavy (compared to other armors) and makes it much harder to do agile stuff. Yes, you can roll in them, but why would you wear it, if you focus on avoiding hits, not taking them.
Maybe Geralts heavy armor is magic and weightless.

This is after all a fantasy world.

does he also jumps and moves with inhuman speed?

Is that soldier mutated to have superhuman strength and speed? No of course not. Geralt is. There's no realistic reason why Geralt shouldn't be able to use heavy armor but it will reduce his stamina regeneration, as a way for developers to show he's tired.

If anything the swords on the back would be a real detriment to his fighting capabilities, and not just rolling.

Last edited:
Geralt rolling with two swords on his back, and the hilts clipping into the ground every time is totally cool.

Throw some heavy armor on him? Oh no! He cant be fast in that!

they coud also add bows and shit, why do even bother with explanations
huurr it is a witcha durr predefined character with backstory!!11

pure cancer

They look decent but I will stick to light armor thank you very much. I also must have a hood/cloak.

I like them. They look awesome. And My Geralt would appreciate their crafthand worth. But He won't wear any of them. Black leather and enough. If he doesn't like it he can quit the game anytime. I leave him free.

As far as fashion goes, I think they look alright. Especially the Nilfgaardian armor - it looks absolutely FANTASTIC, so I probably won't wear anything heavy aside from that.
Heavy armor does feel a little wrong on Geralt, but it's not impossible to roll in it, even though it does slow you down quite a bit.

Last edited:

haha, that looks hilarous. I like the idea of three different armor types with different effects. And let's not forget Geralt was knighted by Meve if I remember correctly, so it's not thaaaaat implausible But yeah it looks ridiculous seeing Geralt in this. But as long as there are enough alternatives I don't see a problem with it.

I dont get why it is so outrageous to some of you. What highly skilled warrior discounts any sort of new equipment just because its not his style? Maybe Geralt is hunting a monster so fast that he has no way of avoiding its attacks, so the extra protection is a much better option?

There can be a thousand different explanations for why Geralt would change up his Armor choice. Just use your imaginiation and dont be so terrified of such a small change. No one is forcing you to use it anyway, so if you really hate how it looks, fine, dont use it. Your call.

The only armour that I didn't like the look of was the shiny plate. I'll probably still like some of the other, heavier armour though if it's more subdued and has animal furs, especially when in the snowy regions.

However, it's all optional, so no harm done. Also, with an adventure as big as this, variety is a good thing to have a lot of.

I also think people expect full plate to be amazingly heavy since we see a lot of exaggerated stuff in the media. You know, Warhammer and Warcraft have art depicting characters wearing plate armour that looks like it's three inches thick and stuff :)

A chain mail is actually not much better (if at all) compared to a plate armor and even a normal leather armor is quite restrictive towards the movement. You know a REAL leather armor isn't a leather jacket, it is hard leather. ;)

geralt would never wear something like this. Would restrict his movement too much, this is the same witcher who went head to head with a striga correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoXA9PRqgp0

Its comical on an almost photoshop-level. While I think the armor itself is very cool, it's just... completely out of character. He's always been about speed and skill. Might make sense for a different witcher to use them, but geralt? Totally out of character.

I think its cool if they are in the game but I'll stick to light/medium armors only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom