Armor in the W3

+
Any images of armor sets/ pieces we haven't seen before?

I want to know :)

EDIT: any new* images

Last edited:
Best Armor Type?

So there is Light, Medium, and Heavy armor in the game. I am wondering what the best armor type will be for my playstyle. I plan on using swords and the crossbow heavily and perhaps some igni later once I gain more points. It doesn't seem that the armor type affects your movement speed at all though. I like having lighter armor if it allows you to move and dodge faster. Does anyone know what type of armor I should use for this build? Or can anyone explain how the armor works a little more so I can get a better understanding of it?

From what I understand, there are skills you can get that affect the attributes and or other defence related things for each armor type. So I would suggest you look over the skills and see which ones you think you'll have points for or make use of and go with it. If not then whatever armor looks the best and preforms better. So if you take light armor skills roll with that ect. Although some of the heavier armor types I've saw looks pretty bad ass so I might go with that myself.

There are three skills in the general tab for each type of armor.

cat school techniques:
each piece light armor increases critical hit damage by 25% and fast attack damage by 5%
griffin school techniques:
each piece of medium armor increases your sign intensity by 5% and endurance regeneration by 5%.
bear school techniques:
each piece of heavy armor increases your strong attack 5% and maximum health by 5%.

keep these three in mind and decide based on your play style.

I'll probably go Light Armor or Heavy. Might go heavy on my first playthrough, being the first time and all. But cannon Geralt probably would go Light Armor I would say.

Either light or medium.

I don't think I'll like heavy armour, Geralt is not a knight. We'll see, if it looks good I might try.

I plan to use both swords and signs so light or medium - not interested in tanking, I'd rather try to use skill and parry/dodge a lot.

The definitive choice will depend on look. SInce it's only one point each, I might even take both Cat and Griffin school skills and equip whichever fit my current favorite armor.

Is it confirmed though that armor type doesn't affect your speed? I think I heard somewhere that it does affect something endurance-related. Like endurance regen, or the amount you lose when rolling.

I think I will go with Light Armor then. I am going to be using the crossbow a lot and I'm guessing a headshot would cause a critical hit. So having the Cat School Techniques to increase the critical hit percentage seems like it would work well for me.

Although I plan on playing on Death March to begin with, so heavy armor is very tempting... I can't decide!

Anyone seen any screens of Knights yet?
I know we've seen regular footman in half breastplates, and what not, but I've yet to see any Northern realm Knights

Change the color of armor

Will it be possible to change the color of the armor?
In some gameplay-trailer I really thinks it looks like a joker :D

Really puts into perspective how unfit for Geralt (or any witcher) most of these are compared to the armour designs of the previous games.

Top Bottom