Armor, transmog/character stats system broken

+
Doesn't matter which level I'm at or how much armor I have. I keep getting one shot killed even in moderate danger gigs.
Right now I'm trying to beat the secret ending and I always die from one shot. Tried at level 24 and 30+. Tried changing from hard to easy difficulty. Same thing.
Please allow us to choose the option for said ending immediately instead of having to wait 5 min when we've met the requirements for it. With the issue at hand it becomes ridiculous to even try.

Running patch 1.61 and I know the secret ending is probably supposed to be rather difficult, but there is clearly something wrong if none of the above impacts the game at all. Been playing on hard the entire game.

If your under max lvl I can see why possibly you are getting one shot in the secret ending cause around patch 1.3 the secret ending just seemed to hit harder if you are not max out. But um two question what is your build? only asking cause if you have I think it is like 16 give or take in strength you can get a cyberware called second heart it help a lot for moment like this cause some enemies seem to have guns that do hella damage where if you get hit that is either half if not all your health. And question two is when you said armor do you mean just your clothes or do you mean like armor as in cyberware armor + modded clothes that either give more armor or help mitigate incoming damage

I question the system because a tend to see several stats like movement speed at 0 despite having 12+ reflexes for example. Problem is also still that I can get killed by one shot even by low danger thugs in side missions with the same setup/level etc. I've beat most of the endings with the same or similar builds and while I could die from 2-3 shots in those this one barely allows me to upload a quickhack, throw a flashbang and kill the first enemy after entering the door before dying. I can almost beat Smasher on hard in the same amount of time it takes for the secret ending to beat me on easy.

Mostly netrunning with a secondary emphasis on power weapons, ricochet and crit damage. By armor I mean total armor rating from clothes, cyberware and clothing mods. Subdermal implants etc.

Your lvl sounds really really low to be playing the ending, especially that ending.
Sure I accept that it's difficult by design, but again; When low danger enemies in regular gigs/side missions can one shot you indifferently of your level and armor surely there is something wrong? Don't know if my lvl is low or not, but if lvl 31 with just a few side jobs left is considered to be low I'd say there are some balance issues present. The other endings were no problem aside from a couple of deaths.

I'm not sure what to say.
When I'm playing on moderate starting at around lvl 30 enemies start to become ineffectual.
In hard this is not so anymore.
However a sniper is always my first target and then close combat enemies. Because they put me down really fast, even in one shot.
I never go netrunner though. Always pure Body/Reflexes/Tech and always taking care to take any and all damage mitigating perks and cyberware as well as keeping my armor as high as possible.
The best defense is an overwhelming offense though so my weapons are always the highest possible quality with the best possible mods and upgraded as high as my lvl.
:shrug:

Level 30 for "don't fear the reaper" ending seem quite (very) low :(
After the "game rebalance" (1.5), at level 50, with the lowest body attribute (level 3), Smasher was able to kill me with one missile... so :)

And on a side note, armor on Cyberpunk work like that :
100 armor reduce the damages received by "only" 1%, and armor is ignored by melee attack.
A sniper, a guy with a powerful weapon (like an Overture or a shotgun at short range) or a guy with a katana will have chance to kill you with a single shot, no matter what.
So even if you think to have a good armor, it's not. Check what weapons enemies have, a "low level" sniper can kill you with a single bullet (the same with a dude with a shotgun at low distance) :)

Last edited:
Level 30 for "don't fear the reaper" ending seem quite (very) low :(
After the "game rebalance" (1.5), at level 50, with the lowest body attribute (level 3), Smasher was able to kill me with one missile... so :)

And on a side note, armor on Cyberpunk work like that :
100 armor reduce the damages received by "only" 1%, and armor is ignored by melee attack.
A sniper, a guy with a powerful weapon (like an Overture or a shotgun at short range) or a guy with a katana will have chance to kill you with a single shot, no matter what.
So even if you think to have a good armor, it's not. Check what weapons enemies have, a "low level" sniper can kill you with a single bullet (the same with a dude with a shotgun at low distance) :)
Yeah I looked the mission up and it seems they really cranked the damage output from enemies/nerfed the player in it. Really powerfui weapons I get can kill you easily, but it happens even from weak smart weapons (that's what kills me in don't fear the reaper). I still claim the stat system is broken though since toggling outfits can affect the stats. Like I wrote in an answer earlier I sometimes see for example my movement speed at 0. If I unequip the outfit and visually have what's actually equipped clothing wise for each body section I get the correct stat. Basically I definitely don't trust it works properly.

Basically I definitely don't trust it works properly.
Don't trust the stats page (was quite buggy since release). But in the game, it work :)
I'm not a "hardcore" gamer, Cyberpunk is one of the few games that I play in the highest difficulty and I manage to get through this ending quite easily with the lowest body attribute possible (i.e the lowest health possible, no "natural" health regen,... But I'm prepared and high level > 50).
Some smart weapon deal a fair amount of damages by bullets. So you can be killed rather quickly too... (for smart weapon, there is a tattoo, you get it for free by Wakako, which provide chances to "avoid" bullets).

And don't fear the reaper is the hardest ending > lot of enemies, your health decrease regularely... So it's difficult as it should be :)

Don't trust the stats page (was quite buggy since release). But in the game, it work
I wouldn't be so sure it does. If stats page collects the actual underlying stat variables from your character and said page doesn't calculate the values correctly how can we know the correct values are being used when damage, health reduction etc. is applied in combat?

I wouldn't be so sure it does. If stats page collects the actual underlying stat variables from your character and said page doesn't calculate the values correctly how can we know the correct values are being used when damage, health reduction etc. is applied in combat?
Mostly visual issue, during combats, it's calculated in "real time" by the engine itself :)
From all my testing in all game version since release, it appear to work correctly, even if in the stats page it doesn't. For example, pre 1.5 (before game rebalance), critic stats were almost always wrong in the stats page... But worked perfectly fine in combat (while playing).

Mostly visual issue, during combats, it's calculated in "real time" by the engine itself :)
From all my testing in all game version since release, it appear to work correctly, even if in the stats page it doesn't. For example, pre 1.5 (before game rebalance), critic stats were almost always wrong in the stats page... But worked perfectly fine in combat (while playing).
Yes and so is the stats page. If you go by the fact that it's updated when you change something that affects the stats. "Appear" to work correctly is not the same thing as actually working correctly. Don't mean to discredit you and you mos def have better insight than I do when it comes to the balancing between patches (finished the game at launch on 1.2-1.3 ish), but unless you've debugged the game stepping line by line we have no idea if it's correctly calculated when it matters. I haven't done so, but from what I've written I dare say my suspicions are reasonable. With that said I don't deny that I could be completely wrong.

Yes and so is the stats page. If you go by the fact that it's updated when you change something that affects the stats. "Appear" to work correctly is not the same thing as actually working correctly. Don't mean to discredit you and you mos def have better insight than I do when it comes to the balancing between patches (finished the game at launch on 1.2-1.3 ish), but unless you've debugged the game stepping line by line we have no idea if it's correctly calculated when it matters. I haven't done so, but from what I've written I dare say my suspicions are reasonable. With that said I don't deny that I could be completely wrong.
For "little" bonuses/stats, indeed, it's almost impossible to know.
But pre-1.5, it was easy to try with crit chances for example (when it was possible to reach 100%).

Since day one (until 1.5), if you installed your "crit chances" mods (dead eyes) on the clothes you wore, the stats page was not updated. So even with enough mods to reach 100%, the stats page still showing like 50% or less. Which in theory, means that the half of your bullets (or less) will deal a critic. But while playing, every single bullet was a critic, as intended (easy to check, critic are displayed in red in the HUD).
The only way to "fix" the stats page was to unequip all your clothes and equip them again.

The same happened with armor. The armadillos newly installed on your clothes were not toke in account on stats page. But again, at this time, it was easy to feel a difference between less than 1K armor (displayed by the stats page) and the "real" armor which was almost 10K.

So it was "only" the stats page which was buggy. I'm not sure it was ever fixed (since many players still point out weird stats on the page) and I'm not sure it will ever be fixed...

Top Bottom