Armour types (witcher gear)

+
Armour types (witcher gear)

So we got 3 medium types :
1. Serpentine Witcher Gear
2. Wolven Witcher Gear
3. Griffin Witcher Gear

But we get only one heavy and one light, my question is, why are other types of armour so discriminated ? I mean 3 types of medium armour and only one of other types, not fair for people using different play styles, because that's we have 3 different types. In before hur dur not that much difference, well for sign casting, might not be that much, but we have perks for that too, and I like my critical effects bonus of light gear. Any comments CDPR ?
:what:

Last edited:
I mean in basic game it was well balanced (cat, griffin and bear set). The both medium sets come with DLCs. CDPR thought probalby medium sets are most common armor sets for the players...

Still wouldn't hurt to add one of each, just to be fair. Especially that both DLC gear sets are better than the base games ones. so you have to either change the type or wear inferior gear.
And since we have second expansion coming, longer one, it's a great opportunity to throw in one new set of light and heavy gear in.
:smiling2:
Do what you do best CDPR, spoil your players.

Last edited:
sorry if this is offtop, but I hav a question regarding DLC. I have that Temerian Armor set DLC. I see that ithis set is available from merchant in White Orchard (very begining). Is it worth investing such a bunch of orens, or if this armor set will become useless very fast in the next stages of game?

sorry if this is offtop, but I hav a question regarding DLC. I have that Temerian Armor set DLC. I see that ithis set is available from merchant in White Orchard (very begining). Is it worth investing such a bunch of orens, or if this armor set will become useless very fast in the next stages of game?

I got use out of the starting armour (upgraded) and Temerian armour until level 10, then the Nilfgaardian armour until level 15 or so. I then used witcher sets for a few levels before heading to Skellige and picking up the Undvik armour.

I was still using Undvik at level 32 when fighting humans, but it is eventually beaten out by... Temerian, Nilfgaardian and Undvik sets on their second incarnations, and the witcher sets make up into better monster hunting sets (though not usually as a complete set, but rather mixed and matched to give the desired set of characteristics).

Overall you can collect so much stuff and make so much money that you need never really worry about whether to buy something to try it out.... you might want to pace your purchases out so you avoid being completely out of money (and in need of repairs/upgrades), but this isn't difficult. Gather food from the wild (deer/rabbit and wolves/bears) provide food ~ you never need buy any. Avoiding being hit reduces repair costs on armour ~ so dodging not only keeps you alive longer, but saves money... and hitting the enemy and wounding him is better than being endlessly parried ~ it reduces the number of hits you need to absorb or dodge in return, and reduces wear on the sword.

The main downside of the dlc armours is an absence of glyph slots. ... but this is a failing that can be rectified with the Offieri runesmith if you find it troublesome. Personally I don't use offensive signs very often, and find the base level of Quen to be sufficient so can live without the slots until I have more money than I know what to do with...

Life is hard :D I want medium gear that looks as cool as Ursine :D Now I'm using Cat 'cause I don't want to be too heavy. It does not fit my game style. I trust speed more.

Top Bottom