Art Contest - Community Vote is now open!

+
ser2440;n10807321 said:
I think there should be an option to vote with a GOG account, if you play the game you should be able to vote without linking to other social media
Completly agree with that.

Honestly the whole Vote seems to me half-assed and ill-conceived.

1. The most important information, how many votes you have is probably the least visible one on the whole page, as everything else is highlighted due to formation.
2. The second most important information how long the vote is open, can't even be found anywhere on that page.
3. Having onyl 5 votes for more than 700 artworks is far too low and can liad to some significant bias.
4. Having the artworks not in a random order leads already to quite a big bias and that is increased even further my the small number of votes.
5. Not listing the name of the artwork character seems to me a horrible choice. The contest requested artworks of characters not already included and by thus receiving a large amount of rather unknown characters. But without the name they are just unknown random characters for a lot of people, which drastically reduces their chance of getting a vote and seems unfair for the artists. If I were an artist with a more unknown character I would feel rather cheated.
6. Calling it a community vote, but excluding the Gwent community itself by requesting other platforms. I'm actually locked in on playgwent.com and can't vote that way that doesn't make any sense.
7. There is no easy way to open an image in a new browser tab. With so many artworks to choose from and so less votes opening them in new tabs is necessary for making a decision.

To conclude this, this vote is anything but fair or professional and it is respectless for the artists. I would honestly suggest to close the vote immediantly and restart it in a few days in a proper way.
And due to the required social platforms I won't participate in this vote.

Concerning the artworks: Great job at everyone who participated there are a lot of beautiful creations to be seen.

Last edited:
Wow so many amazing options. I have narrowed my choices down to 15, and I had to make some sacrifices just to get it to there! I don't know how to only choose 5 of these. Top level artwork, amazing job!

I could easily have chosen 20 - 30 favorites and it was indeed difficult to brutally narrow them down :) But that's the funny part: tough decisions, like in the witcher games. And if you like cheating: just open a new social media account;) The link to fb,tw and vk is necessary because this is the most effective way to spread the news about gwent......In our world of very low attention spans and news bombing, this is the prerequisite to interest new/existing players.
Just my 2 c

theogonist;n10809121 said:
I could easily have chosen 20 - 30 favorites and it was indeed difficult to brutally narrow them down :) But that's the funny part: tough decisions, like in the witcher games. And if you like cheating: just open a new social media account;) The link to fb,tw and vk is necessary because this is the most effective way to spread the news about gwent......In our world of very low attention spans and news bombing, this is the prerequisite to interest new/existing players.
Just my 2 c

I am not saying make it impossible to vote with any of the other social media platforms. Of course you should be able to vote via Fb, Twitter and the like if you so wish. It should just ALSO be possible to vote with your GOG account.

Besides, I can't for the life of me make this work! It keeps popping some error when trying to vote on any artwork via Fb, which I have yet to root out.

Finally managed to pick 5 candidates for my votes. It was so difficult to choose only 5!!! So many great pieces of art in there =)

Thank you all who took part into that contest, it was really a pleasure to see all those awesome pictures!

How long will the voting remain open? Traveling right now to a place without internet connection.

ser2440;n10807321 said:
I think there should be an option to vote with a GOG account

Yeah, I totally agree! I'd love to vote, but I don't want to do it via Social Media sites.
It's cool if it's one of several options, but I don't like being forced to use that to participate.

i dont know which art is representing who or which cards are portraying the same person unless its super clear like detlaff, also there are i think some already in game characters in there and why would any one vote for them? i need help with what character is being portrayed.

Does the winner's card end up in the game? Because I swear that Vivienne one (the one at an angle, near the last page or so) makes me want to spend powder.

ser2440;n10809411 said:
It should just ALSO be possible to vote with your GOG account.

I completely agree! Just looked through all of these awesome artworks to find out I need to create an account somewhere, that I probably won't ever use again.

Argh, that was definitely hard to only pick 5. So much fantastic art from this community and I'm proud to be part of it. Good luck to all my other fellow artists!

I can only join to those who said these before:

1) Voting should be possible through the GOG account as well. I would also like to vote, but I definately won't do through any social platform...
2) It would have been nice to have the names of the characters with the pictures. I for example didn't recognise all of them, and I guess I am not the only one...

+1 for GOG or CDPR forum account vote. Would really like to vote but I'm not on social media. (I don't even know what VK is...)

So, FB, Twitter and whatevever-the-third-option-is, heh? Too bad i don't have the right to vote, since i'm not part of the "community".

I see that several people have complained about that. Is a CDPR person going to give an explanation?

Wow, there's some amazing artworks. Maybe I will create a social media account... or 2. (Because there are more than 5 good pictures there. Maybe that's the reason we can't vote with gog accounts, to avoid fake accounts).

I have a question tough about an artwork.
Is this horseshit, and if it is why? (I've only read the first two books.)

P.S. I couldn't get the link to work.
cdn-l-playgwent.cdprojektred.com/uploads/media/art_contest/0001/03/thumb_2901_art_contest_big_9cc88ee955fb24823058d32f80aaa695cd762a12.jpeg

Last edited:
No Title

Attachments

• photo206901.jpg
    photo206901.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 32
Top Bottom