Artifacts > Specials

+
Unitless Eithne..JPG

So I decided to grind my MO mmr today and I'm well aware of the meta decks so my Detlaff deck is well equipped with counter cards like Nithral & 1 Dancing Star (counter for AQ, Tainted Ale, and Summoning Circle), Ciprian Wiley (Counter for Assire + Roach), and Scorch and CoC (tall unit counter). So far I have encountered three unitless decks; Special Harald, Artifact Adda, and Artifact Eithne. Special cards decks is easy to counter but with artifacts??? How do you cope up with these many artifacts? Hello CDPR? Too bad I didn't capture the Artifact Adda, 30 + point swing with Ale, 2 Spears, Leader, Lacerate, then SC on Hubert all in one turn. Lucky for these guys I didn't draw Scorch in round 3 so having last say is pointless.

Try to trade one point to swap Dancing Star (which is not very good) to White Frost (which is not good either, but in your case where you use them as tech cards it could do the trick?). You can for example switch Cyprian for Xavier for the same kind of effect and not have to change any other card provision wise.

Just thinking out loud there. But you have a point. Those full artifacts are horrible but hard to balance or stop. It's tricky to stop them without punishing people that just use a couple

Try to trade one point to swap Dancing Star (which is not very good) to White Frost (which is not good either, but in your case where you use them as tech cards it could do the trick?). You can for example switch Cyprian for Xavier for the same kind of effect and not have to change any other card provision wise.

Just thinking out loud there. But you have a point. Those full artifacts are horrible but hard to balance or stop. It's tricky to stop them without punishing people that just use a couple

White Frost is a bad alternative, at least Dancing Star has a secondary option to deal 3 damage. Cyprian plays for a guaranteed 8 points while Xavier may play for higher value because it counters carryover/replay like Assire+Roach, Renew+Champion, and/or Renew+ Yen, it's too situational and inconsistent. It's quite hard to climb in ladder right now. It's either you use net decks, unitless, or a full on tech deck.

View attachment 11000884

So I decided to grind my MO mmr today and I'm well aware of the meta decks so my Detlaff deck is well equipped with counter cards like Nithral & 1 Dancing Star (counter for AQ, Tainted Ale, and Summoning Circle), Ciprian Wiley (Counter for Assire + Roach), and Scorch and CoC (tall unit counter). So far I have encountered three unitless decks; Special Harald, Artifact Adda, and Artifact Eithne. Special cards decks is easy to counter but with artifacts??? How do you cope up with these many artifacts? Hello CDPR? Too bad I didn't capture the Artifact Adda, 30 + point swing with Ale, 2 Spears, Leader, Lacerate, then SC on Hubert all in one turn. Lucky for these guys I didn't draw Scorch in round 3 so having last say is pointless.

I hadn't really used NR in the past and was wondering which deck might work with unitless; NR is the ONLY faction to have a card that boosts from the deck (Kaedweni something), plus Foltest has Zeal which is great for three cards that benefit greatly from zeal; Jonny (lesser extent), Cow and Avallach.

Idea is basically to have one card in hand and special/artifact the hell out of the opponent. It's MUCH harder if you go first, of course, but you can tend to get rid of one artefact killer R1 whatever happens, then keep the oppo low until you play and potentially boost your card. R2's always a dry pass. R3 is about row damage initially, then using Summoning Circle on either Jonny or Kaedweni; whichever arrives can be possibly boosted by Thunderbolt, or whatever. If you don't have last say, you've got Avallach. If you don't have Avallach and aren't going last, best to keep a special so you can summon Jonny, zeal it, play a special and deal another four damage. It's a worst case scenario, but usually the oppo's got less than 10 so Jonny + 4 damage + Special Card is usually 11 points min.

Just to add I feel absolutely terrible playing it, but on the plus side when I lose I kinda just think "fair enough, my deck is really horrible anyway, I deserve to lose".

I hadn't really used NR in the past and was wondering which deck might work with unitless; NR is the ONLY faction to have a card that boosts from the deck (Kaedweni something), plus Foltest has Zeal which is great for three cards that benefit greatly from zeal; Jonny (lesser extent), Cow and Avallach.

Idea is basically to have one card in hand and special/artifact the hell out of the opponent. It's MUCH harder if you go first, of course, but you can tend to get rid of one artefact killer R1 whatever happens, then keep the oppo low until you play and potentially boost your card. R2's always a dry pass. R3 is about row damage initially, then using Summoning Circle on either Jonny or Kaedweni; whichever arrives can be possibly boosted by Thunderbolt, or whatever. If you don't have last say, you've got Avallach. If you don't have Avallach and aren't going last, best to keep a special so you can summon Jonny, zeal it, play a special and deal another four damage. It's a worst case scenario, but usually the oppo's got less than 10 so Jonny + 4 damage + Special Card is usually 11 points min.

Just to add I feel absolutely terrible playing it, but on the plus side when I lose I kinda just think "fair enough, my deck is really horrible anyway, I deserve to lose".

You play this in the ladder?

Top Bottom