Artorius Viggo

+
Hello, currently the Artorius Viggo card has 9 of provision and only 2 of body, I understand that his mechanics is to assimilate and I find this letter very interesting.

However, by putting her in the field she will only have 3 body and even if she uses her leader he gets 4, easy target for several removals.

It's a card that needs to stay in the field to get its real value.

Why not put her with 3 or 4 initial body - at least 3 for her to have a chance to stay alive?

I really like to assimilate, but you know you're as frail as you are today.

The Duca guards are slow and fragile, but at least this change would make this card possible much better and not a little broken!

I think the unit he spawns should also be from your hand instead and it shouldn't be 1-power. The card could definitely use a buff. He's a good engine card but he's just so vulnerable.

rrc

Forum veteran
I think the unit he spawns should also be from your hand instead and it shouldn't be 1-power. The card could definitely use a buff. He's a good engine card but he's just so vulnerable.
According to SirPumpkin, NG is Tier 1. What he says is Artorius Viggo can be used to spawn a Doppler and in an all human NG deck, Artorius Viggo is 12 points (3 + 9) on deploy with a Assimilate engine on board. Even Shilard is on the rising and Vivian on Roach summoned by Assier, NG has a lot of tricks on their hand. I faced couple of NG and could do absolutely nothing (of course, this is at Rank 7), but NG is much much stronger now and Viggo is one of the strong cards for NG.

Vigo exceeds his provision cost if you play a Doppler (as RRC mentioned) or Impera Brigade. These are the 2 cards you want to use with his ability.

He's a very solid card as is; I don't believe he needs a buff. And NG is stronger than what many people have anticipated... which is a good thing, of course :beer:
Post automatically merged:

You shouldn't view him as an engine card but as a good tempo play. NG is my favourite faction as well but you're letting your bias show here. He doesn't need a buff.

Last edited:
According to SirPumpkin, NG is Tier 1. What he says is Artorius Viggo can be used to spawn a Doppler and in an all human NG deck, Artorius Viggo is 12 points (3 + 9) on deploy with a Assimilate engine on board. Even Shilard is on the rising and Vivian on Roach summoned by Assier, NG has a lot of tricks on their hand. I faced couple of NG and could do absolutely nothing (of course, this is at Rank 7), but NG is much much stronger now and Viggo is one of the strong cards for NG.

Yeah, but what if I want to use him differently? Just because he can be extremely good with one Neutral doesn't mean he's really all that great. Freddybabes thinks both NG and ST are on the same level and I kinda agree with him honestly.

You shouldn't view him as an engine card but as a good tempo play. NG is my favourite faction as well but you're letting your bias show here. He doesn't need a buff.

What if you don't get Doppler as an option when you play him? I think giving him the ability to spawn something from your hand directly instead of it being random is just better.

Yeah, but what if I want to use him differently? Just because he can be extremely good with one Neutral doesn't mean he's really all that great. Freddybabes thinks both NG and ST are on the same level and I kinda agree with him honestly.

What if you don't get Doppler as an option when you play him? I think giving him the ability to spawn something from your hand directly instead of it being random is just better.

It could happen. But not getting Doppler nor Brigade as options is very unlikely. Brigade still puts him above his provision cost and is a slightly superior play to the Witcher trio (pre-nerf).

I don't know about Freddy's rankings honestly. To say ST is near the bottom is... false. Dana Harmony is really strong and NG is definitely competitive.

It could happen. But not getting Doppler nor Brigade as options is very unlikely. Brigade still puts him above his provision cost and is a slightly superior play to the Witcher trio (pre-nerf).

I don't know about Freddy's rankings honestly. To say ST is near the bottom is... false. Dana Harmony is really strong and NG is definitely competitive.

I would still prefer for him to spawn something from your hand, but to each their own I guess. I'm just saying he could be more reliable if he didn't spawm something at random. Sure, there's a small chance of it, but there's still a chance.

Meh, the thread isn't about any of that. Let's not derail it.

I would still prefer for him to spawn something from your hand, but to each their own I guess. I'm just saying he could be more reliable if he didn't spawm something at random. Sure, there's a small chance of it, but there's still a chance.

Meh, the thread isn't about any of that. Let's not derail it.

Remember that if it were create & play from your hand, it would eliminate the possibility of the Brigade tempo swing and take off 1 point from a Doppler. It would actually make Vigo worse.

What type of card combo did you have in mind?

Remember that if it were create & play from your hand, it would eliminate the possibility of the Brigade tempo swing and take off 1 point from a Doppler. It would actually make Vigo worse.

What type of card combo did you have in mind?

Yeah, I realize that. I honestly had not thought about using him with Doppler since I generally try to stay away from Neutral cards.

Well, I sometimes just use him to create another Assimilate engine or a Duchess' Informant. I don't really go for just one big tempo play because I feel like my Assimilate deck benefits more from getting more engines on board since the deck itself is pretty random.

I guess keeping him the same would be fine, I would like to see him get a small buff though.

Guest 4339135

Hello, currently the Artorius Viggo card has 9 of provision and only 2 of body, I understand that his mechanics is to assimilate and I find this letter very interesting.

However, by putting her in the field she will only have 3 body and even if she uses her leader he gets 4, easy target for several removals.

It's a card that needs to stay in the field to get its real value.

Why not put her with 3 or 4 initial body - at least 3 for her to have a chance to stay alive?

I really like to assimilate, but you know you're as frail as you are today.

The Duca guards are slow and fragile, but at least this change would make this card possible much better and not a little broken!

It's a NG card, so there is your answer. When it were a SK or MO card, then he would be stronger...

I guess not everyone understood the idea about the card.

I understand that her skill can be good with only two cards - but I'm trying to talk about the mechanics of assimilating her.

It's a new mechanic that would be awesome to work with, but for this to happen with Artorius it needs to have at least 1 more body.

I really do not want to believe that this card was created just for use on two other bronze cards ... it would be really sad when we have a whole new mechanic that was implemented for this faction.

Top Bottom