Ask the Dev Team about TW2

+
Edk said:
3 questions. 1) In one of the interviews Gop said that something about toxicity was cut. It is still going to be present, right? Just making sure. 2) And about the alchemy mini-game that was cut-what was it about? Any description of what we are missing? :)3) How many prologue chapters will be there? In one of the earlier reviews there was something about 3 completely different beginnings (if I remember correctly). So far we have seen only one (The siege). Will there be other prologues depending on our choices in TW1?
1. Toxicity is still there, just you can't overdose, in other words, you can't kill yourself if toxicity is too high,2. thats was the alchemist's table, that was rendered pointless since you can do alchemy anywhere now.3. no idea.

I have a question about the order on GoG.com. Though I am not sure if this is the right place to ask.I have read you can download the game as many times as needed but is this limited to one IP adress or could I download the game when I visit my parents on their computer as well? Or what if you want to let a friend borrow the game? In the good old days that was quite common. (even though I think I still owe about 4+ games from friends which they haven't returned yet). Maybe it's a stupid question but I just want to make sure I can download it on a different location (IP adress) as well.Then again, as the saying goes: Stupid question's don't excist. The only stupidity is if you do not ask.

So if we use our saves from the The Witcher for The Witcher 2, will Geralt start with the same gear and Orens we had at the end of The Witcher? I would love to start with my 18,000 orens that I ended up with at the end, oh even add the 8000 orens that the King gave to Geralt at the end of The Witcher, so that would be 26,000 orens for me. =D

Senteria said:
I have a question about the order on GoG.com. Though I am not sure if this is the right place to ask.I have read you can download the game as many times as needed but is this limited to one IP adress or could I download the game when I visit my parents on their computer as well? Or what if you want to let a friend borrow the game? In the good old days that was quite common. (even though I think I still owe about 4+ games from friends which they haven't returned yet). Maybe it's a stupid question but I just want to make sure I can download it on a different location (IP adress) as well.Then again, as the saying goes: Stupid question's don't excist. The only stupidity is if you do not ask.
On gog you can download games as many times as you want but if it will be downloaded in short period of time from really high number of different IPs your account may be blocked. But you can't borrow it to your friend it's against of Terms of Use.

ryannberg said:
So if we use our saves from the The Witcher for The Witcher 2, will Geralt start with the same gear and Orens we had at the end of The Witcher? I would love to start with my 18,000 orens that I ended up with at the end, oh even add the 8000 orens that the King gave to Geralt at the end of The Witcher, so that would be 26,000 orens for me. =D
This was answered before so i'll answer this one and ease the burden on MM360. You can import the sword(s) you have on you and the armor and a bit of gold but not as much as the 8000 orens Foltest gave you for eliminating Jacques de Aldersberg. So i think they'll let you have about 1000-2000 orens. That much is enough for Geralt to not to be poor at the start but also not messing with the economy.

I think this is answered before (especially because this thread has 60+ pages), but this is something that I never get it 100%.I have Steam version, waiting for 17th of May to be unlocked and start downloading (because I think the pre-download is an exclusive feature from GoG version). Ok, it downloads all the game and its special content such as making of, digital papercrafts, etc. When I download this stuff, I start the game and then I have to register/whatever and download another 50 mb file.But... apart from that, I also need to download the English language pack or what? Its something that I've read a lot of times and I don't see the point in downloading the game without any language included :S . I mean, if you download the game, there's 0 languages or its just the missing voices?As you see, I'm very lost in that matter.

Senteria said:
In order to access your game shelf on GOG, you have to sign into GOG with your account. It doesn't matter what IP address you're at, as long as you're signed into your account, you can DL the game.On a side note, as Aver said, it's against the terms of use to 'lend' the game to your friend. He can come over and play it on whatever machine you've installed it on, but you can't give/loan the game to him to install on his machine.

Hi can anyone help me shed some light on this situation.My question is will there be a sort of offline activation but where you still need to go online to activate with the Witcher 2 like some other securom games?Basically what happens is you enter your cdkey/ or some code I think on a computer with internet connection and then the securom software gives you a code to activate it on your computer that hasn't got internet connection. I think I remember this sort of function was available on GTAIV which had securom.Example below of what I am talking abouthttps://support.securom.com/rockstarunlock/GTA_IV/index.php?c=offlinehttps://support.securom.com/PAunlock/?c=1000Thanks

Lexino said:
Lexino said:
3 questions. 1) In one of the interviews Gop said that something about toxicity was cut. It is still going to be present, right? Just making sure. 2) And about the alchemy mini-game that was cut-what was it about? Any description of what we are missing? :)3) How many prologue chapters will be there? In one of the earlier reviews there was something about 3 completely different beginnings (if I remember correctly). So far we have seen only one (The siege). Will there be other prologues depending on our choices in TW1?
1. Toxicity is still there, just you can't overdose, in other words, you can't kill yourself if toxicity is too high,2. thats was the alchemist's table, that was rendered pointless since you can do alchemy anywhere now.3. no idea.
If you can't kill yourself why is there toxicity at all?

I'll ask a different type of question... Is there a reason (resources/story/)why you made the fight tagainst the Giant Octopus on LAND and not in the WATER (when its clearly a sea-creature). I think it reflects poorly in the way the fight developes... I remeber the fight against the Zeugle in Vizimas underground and it was way cooler, it gave a feeling of dread and uneasiness that doesnt have.

Edk said:
Edk said:
Edk said:
If you can't kill yourself why is there toxicity at all?
"Toxicity plays a major part in ADRENALINE generation, which grants Geralt various bonuses and builds up slowly while landing successful hits on enemies. There's no overdose this time, potions simply cannot be drank to overshoot lethal limit of toxicity."for more info on alchemy, http://witchervault.ign.com/View.php?view=Editorials.Detail&id=7

JackintheGreen said:
I'll ask a different type of question... Is there a reason (resources/story/)why you made the fight tagainst the Giant Octopus on LAND and not in the WATER (when its clearly a sea-creature). I think it reflects poorly in the way the fight developes... I remeber the fight against the Zeugle in Vizimas underground and it was way cooler, it gave a feeling of dread and uneasiness that doesnt have.
it's been trapped

Will there be a built-in console in the game which would allow fine-tuning graphics settings? No need for a console. You will be able to tweak every single graphics setting in the launcher.

shaggeh said:
Will there be a built-in console in the game which would allow fine-tuning graphics settings? No need for a console. You will be able to tweak every single graphics setting in the launcher.
Not really, a console would be very nice to have and much more convenient. I hate having settings in the launcher as I have to exit the game to change said settings if I don't like them.

This question may have already been ask and answered,if so sorry. It was my understanding that there was a option to answer some question at the beginning of TW2 if you didn't have your old save but remembered your choices you have made.Ive seen a post stating that a dev on the polish forums said this wasn't in the game.Would just like to know if it is or isn't.

Top Bottom