Ask the Dev Team about TW2

+
well, to me the fact that it HAS gone gold is the reason why im so surprised there isnt more dev involvement on the forum at such a crucial time. game launches in under a week, and even though im sure theres other stuff to work on - i can understand, respect and appreciate this, and no doubt theyre taking a bit of a breather, they cant spare one person to come over to their forum - theres bound to be plenty of questions leading up to release, they have to know that - lots of last minute things people want to know before buying the game... i know cdp isnt a MASSIVE team, but i dont think its too much to ask that at least ONE person takes an hour checks up on us, is it?and ESPECIALLY after they dropped that censorship bomb a week ago.. youd definately think theyd atleast make an appearance on the forum after THAT one, especially after their own no censorship promise... again, i dont think its too much to ask that atleast SOMEONE fronts up to address any concerns and put any fears we (or in this case I - i guess im under no illusions on this one...) have to rest?and as for why im so insistent and pushing so much - well, yes, it is urgent, i really need an official answer to this within 24 hours, so im sorry if you see my urgency as rudeness..

klauke said:
well, to me the fact that it HAS gone gold is the reason why im so surprised there isnt more dev involvement on the forum at such a crucial time. game launches in under a week, and even though im sure theres other stuff to work on - i can understand, respect and appreciate this, and no doubt theyre taking a bit of a breather, they cant spare one person to come over to their forum - theres bound to be plenty of questions leading up to release, they have to know that - lots of last minute things people want to know before buying the game... i know cdp isnt a MASSIVE team, but i dont think its too much to ask that at least ONE person takes an hour checks up on us, is it?and ESPECIALLY after they dropped that censorship bomb a week ago.. youd definately think theyd atleast make an appearance on the forum after THAT one, especially after their own no censorship promise... again, i dont think its too much to ask that atleast SOMEONE fronts up to address any concerns and put any fears we (or in this case I - i guess im under no illusions on this one...) have to rest?and as for why im so insistent and pushing so much - well, yes, it is urgent, i really need an official answer to this within 24 hours, so im sorry if you see my urgency as rudeness..
They know there will be a lot of questions, hence the Q&A tomorrow. If you have a question, be ready to ask it there if you want an answer right away.

where are the Q&A session details? (time, place, etc)and if i do miss it, which is quite likely given the time difference and the fact im off to bed in the next hour or so, could someone else ask for me, if its not too much trouble, about if cdp will do anything about the censorship in the retail version for people WHO DO NOT live in australia, and havent had it censored in their country, but are still effected by the censoring... i would REALLY appreciate it. i have the Collectors Edition ordered, and really dont want to give it up and get the gog version...if anyone could ask for me, if i miss the Q/A, i would really appreciate it. thanks.

What DLC is available and from where?If I buy this from steam (because I want it on steam, not because I don't want you to get all the money, I just have all my games on steam) what DLCs will I get?More importantly, will they be available after release?

klauke said:
where are the Q&A session details? (time, place, etc)and if i do miss it, which is quite likely given the time difference and the fact im off to bed in the next hour or so, could someone else ask for me, if its not too much trouble, about if cdp will do anything about the censorship in the retail version for people WHO DO NOT live in australia, and havent had it censored in their country, but are still effected by the censoring... i would REALLY appreciate it. i have the Collectors Edition ordered, and really dont want to give it up and get the gog version...if anyone could ask for me, if i miss the Q/A, i would really appreciate it. thanks.
http://www.facebook.com/thewitcher/posts/216691415026626

Lexino said:
Lexino said:
Lexino said:
http://www.facebook.com/thewitcher/posts/216691415026626
Would that be 5am Polish time? I wanted to go to bed a liiiittle earlier than that today... (same time zone)
10pm polish time I believe
Right, other way around. But I thought it was 8 hours, so that would be 9pm. But with the stupid DST, I'm never sure.

I have a question about optimization of The Witcher 2When Wither 1 came out I had to buy a new pc to enjoy the game, and I have been using this pc for all my other games, and when I checked the witcher 2 system requirement,I realized my graphic card was right in the minimum requirements.Which is Geforce 8800 GT 512 MB Which served me well till now...I have phenome 9600 which has a internal patch that limits my process power... although I can turn it off when I play more demanding games... but since my pc had such limitations I decided to buy a new pc later this year... That is why I decided not to buy a new graphic card right now...I know Crysis 2 has a similar system requirements and I can play the game in low to middle setting despite my card being right at the minimum requirements.so my question is how well is the optimization for people who own a low end graphic card for this game?is there a lot of advanced option for the graphic setting? I usually do not care about shadow and found out if I turn it off I can play some games that demand a high-end graphic card with middle settings. (turn off Shadow and water reflection..etc.)Is that possible with witcher 2?? I want to know if there will be a considerable amount of loading time or framerate drop issues when you have Geforce 8800 GT since I do not think I will buy a new graphic card yet///

So, i've already finished the game a few time now and i was just wondering when a Expansion package will come out? (not a tiny DLC.)
Or when do you guys plan to make any announcement about something like this? I can't wait for more!

Hi guys!

First of all I have to say I love both of these games, so well done.

My question is relating to the censorship issues we've had in Australia. Now that we have preliminary agreement to an R18+ classification for video games, would you consider releasing a patch to restore censored content in Australian games when we have full agreement? It doesn't seem like much, but censorship for those of us who are adults is not fun...

There's gonna be an announcement for more content (not sure if expansion or just bigger DLC) in Gamescom (Cologne, Germany) some 2 weeks from now...

Im very hopeful...

Hello!

Question about the UI. Have the devs at CDProjekt been listening to our complaints about the UI and are there any plans to fix it or change it in the future?

when will the expansion will come out :) After the ending, the game desperately need one, seems too difficult now to wait another couple of years for continuing the tale.

When are you going to fix the Steam achievements?

Here is what I think about it: I am pissed at the way the Steam version has been handled so far. The extras arrived way too late and now this. You guys didn't even have the courtesy to inform the Steam players. What a mess.

Hey, I don't know if it's a bit late to ask this, but are there any current plans for a modding kit for the game? I've played around with the .xml files a little bit and customized a couple of the armor items, swapped models, and things like that, but will The Witcher 2 be getting an official modding kit that will do more than that?

Whetstones Tw2 can we buy them in the game or do we only get the first 10 and thats it and if we can buy them where can they be bought at.

Branman said:
Hey, I don't know if it's a bit late to ask this, but are there any current plans for a modding kit for the game? I've played around with the .xml files a little bit and customized a couple of the armor items, swapped models, and things like that, but will The Witcher 2 be getting an official modding kit that will do more than that?
I was going to ask exactly this.

I loved how there was a number of additional stories to play in the witcher and would love if the witcher 2 also had expansion "chapters", both officially made by CDPR, but also mods made by the fans. I would personally love to attempt a mod for the witcher 2, but I'm not terribly interested in just tweaking items and models - I want to create brand new adventures in custom locations with custom events/scripts.

MM360 said:
=)

Just drop your questions here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Nice. Can we expect more languages for the dubbing?
I really miss the italian language and playing with subtitles is like playing an half baked game.

Thank you.

Also, can we have official statements about the sales? I really hope the sales have been good because this game really deserves good sales.

Top Bottom