Ask the Dev Team about TW2

+
Hello. I`m Just registered today, i`m following TW2 news pretty closely on Russian community sites, but recently got this question in mind.- Are you gonna leave Geralts face as it is in Press Version of the game, or it still is in the proccess of "development" ?P.S. - My main concern is that looking from old screens (that one where Geralt, Triss and Vernon.R are standing togehter) Geralt looks fine, i mean have big scar white hair and normal face. If You look at latest screens from Press.Version he have really "Brick" face (i`m not speaking that he is too old) his scar is really small, hair are gray (Not milky white like in books) But mainly i`m worried that face looks to edgy. With respect thanks in advance for answering this Question.

AltanIV said:
1/ Considering the Premium edition. I was wondering if it was specifically a pre-order edition or if it will be available in actual physical stores after the release ? Not that I mind buying things on the internet but as I have to rely on other people to do so (I do not have any credit card) I prefer to buy them in physical stores.
Since there are Premium and Collector's Edition, at least the Premium Edition will be in stores, I think. No expert on French stores, though. ;)
2/ Also about the languages, are they all implemented on the physical DVD (not sure if it's well said, not a native English speaker, sometime games ask you during the installation which language you would like to use.) If I have to buy on the internet, I usually buy it on french retailers (amazon.fr) but I usually play in english. And in local stores games mostly are in french and in dutch languages.
IF your version doesn't have English language, you'll get it as day 1 download, after you registered the game with your SecuROM key. You can watch the CDPR Spring Conference video, everything is expained there in detail.
3/ About the save games, I've seen we can import them from TW1. That's fine with me. But I wonder, does it have to be my own save game or can I use one from another player ? (to try different backgrounds mostly.)
You only need to have the savegame in the proper directory with your other savegames. But I think you will also be able to choose at the beginning of the game what decisions you have made in TW1.
4/ Also I've been thinking, is there any plan to make a package with both TW1 and TW2 ? My brother seemed to be interested when he saw me playing TW1, Just thought it could be a nice birthday present.
I bet this will come around... eventually. ;)

i'm french and i want C.E. edtion that i preorder the 17/11/2010 but now i'm worried about something : Amazon.fr was a seller for france( for c.e) with fnac ( after 1 month or two it desappeared of the list of collector edition seller) do i have to cancel my preorder on amazon .fr and go to fnac to have C.E. edition?i ask this and now i have the answer for other one who want it xd = amazon sell the collector edtion but the offer for it it was limited to 2000 copy of it and sell them all that for now they sell only premium for the france

HiI'm a French fan of the Witcher and I'm really looking forward to TW2 ! I hope I'll be understandable =)Recently, one of the biggest French videogames websites published a lukewarm ( this word may be too strong ) preview of TW2. Actually the writer is a big fan of The Witcher 1 and found some little issues that disappointed him while playing the first chapter of TW2 ( well, it's nothing like the DA2 disappointment ) :- When running from a fight, monsters stop following you past a certain distance, then you can regenerate before going back into the fight. The problem is that monsters' life don't regenerate and it makes the game too easy ( even if you try not to use this trick, sometimes you can't help doing it, when you're about to die for example.. )- There is a lack of accuracy during combat, it's hard to target a specific monster or corpse.- The interface is too console-friendly : the inventory is made of lists, shortcuts make a lozenge and it's impossible to change the keyboard controls ( well I think this last point comes from the fact it's a preview version )Are you aware of these problems ? Do you intend to deal with them ?Apart from that, he said the first chapter is fantastic and if they're all like that, the game will be better than the first one, so I'm excited ! =)Thanks !

Moutch2 said:
When running from a fight, monsters stop following you past a certain distance, then you can regenerate before going back into the fight. The problem is that monsters' life don't regenerate and it makes the game too easy ( even if you try not to use this trick, sometimes you can't help doing it, when you're about to die for example.. )
You could easily do the exact same thing in the first game!

clst said:
i'm french and i want C.E. edtion that i preorder the 17/11/2010 but now i'm worried about something : Amazon.fr was a seller for france( for c.e) with fnac ( after 1 month or two it desappeared of the list of collector edition seller) do i have to cancel my preorder on amazon .fr and go to fnac to have C.E. edition?
Not sure about this one but it seems the collector edition is still available on amazon.fr (http://www.amazon.fr/Witcher-Assassins-Kings-%C3%A9dition-collector/dp/B004CRSLZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1303317914&sr=1-1)

Will there be the same voice actors in the English version?I know Geralt remains the same, and I'm glad, but what about Triss, Zoltan, Dandelion and etc?

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but what about Modding Tools?Will the Djinni receive update or will there be a new tool?And if, can we expect the capabilities of the Djinni or something more elaborate, like Bethesda's Construction Set?

Following on the post above about modding tools... I take it textures are the usual .dds. What type of maps are being used?What is the format of the mesh files?

What about DirectX 11? Is it supported, or if it's not, will it be added in the patches? Like it was in Dragon Age 2.

LAZER555 said:
What about DirectX 11? Is it supported, or if it's not, will it be added in the patches? Like it was in Dragon Age 2.
Devs said TW2 will be DX9 only, obviously will work with DX10-11 but won't take advantage of their bells and whistles :)

caccolo said:
caccolo said:
Devs said TW2 will be DX9 only, obviously will work with DX10-11 but won't take advantage of their bells and whistles :)
Isn't ironic the difference in graphic quality between DA2 and TW2 considering that only the first support DX11?

seamusgod said:
seamusgod said:
"@FuKuy: Steam will also have securom."I'm not getting it on steam but adding secuROM on top of steam's DRM seems kinda excessive to me.
he doesn't know what he's talking about. steam version uses steam's own drm.
Well, considering he works for CDPR, I sure hope he knows what he's talking about.

HomemComH said:
HomemComH said:
HomemComH said:
"@FuKuy: Steam will also have securom."I'm not getting it on steam but adding secuROM on top of steam's DRM seems kinda excessive to me.
Well, considering he works for CDPR, I sure hope he knows what he's talking about.
None of the people you have quoted work for CDPR.

Corylea said:
I believe he was talking about seamusgod who said MM360 doesn't know what he's talking about. In response Homem said that MM360 should know what he's talking about since he works for CDPR.

Guyz please: do not answer each other in this thread. This makes more difficult to find your questions for MM360 and you will be forced to repost them again and again.

freakie1one said:
freakie1one said:
I believe he was talking about seamusgod who said MM360 doesn't know what he's talking about. In response Homem said that MM360 should know what he's talking about since he works for CDPR.
sigh. why don't you just look at the quote tree. is mm360's name anywhere in there? yes, i regret having corrected someone. but i dislike the idea of misinformation.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Corylea said:
MM360 doesn't work for CDPR?And here's two questions: I've read somewhere(can't quite remember now) that potions last for 10 minute so (a)Is that true? (b) 10 minutes in real life or 10 minutes in game time?

Top Bottom