Ask the Dev Team about TW2

+
shaggeh said:
Will there be a built-in console in the game which would allow fine-tuning graphics settings? No need for a console. You will be able to tweak every single graphics setting in the launcher.
I'm asking this beacause e.g. Crysis 1 had extensive graphics settings in the menu, but with still more settings available through the console, like the ones providing the ability to tweak LOD and so on.

In a recent review the reviewer said that he finished the game in 24 hours without being in a hurry. Is the game really going to be that short? Please say that this is not true :(

Edk said:
In a recent review the reviewer said that he finished the game in 24 hours without being in a hurry. Is the game really going to be that short? Please say that this is not true :(
only the main quest maybe, link to the review?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
only the main quest maybe, link to the review?
Can't link, it's polish magazine review. NEVERMINDActually that part of review is online:Nonlinearity is the game's greatest advantage and tops almost all the bold expeditions in that field made by other developers, including - at this point already outdated - system of morality patented by BioWare. The branching storyline - both in terms of the main AND the side quests - will make players return to the game several times. And they still might not experience all of what the developers have prepared for them. [...] Witcher 2 consists of three acts, fastened on both sides by a lenghty prologue and a short epilogue. Unhurried gameplay takes about 24 hours.http://www.cdaction.pl/news-19164-2/wiedzmin-2-zabojcy-krolow--recenzja-pierwsza-na-swiecie.html

perhaps it 's only the main quest but guy have fortgotten something the guy already finish prologue and chapter1 before beginning the full game that's why it's take this short. i think itwill be between 35-45 hours to finsh the game fully

sorry to keep asking the same question, but time is getting very short for me, and i really would like an answer...will there be a day-one patch to remove the censorship for people NOT living in australia, who havent had the game censored in their own country but are still being effected by this.or AT LEAST will there be a launch day tutorial to help US remove the censorship OURSELVES. And no i cant order the gog version, i have the collectors edition preordered....and if not day-one, then atleast a solution within the first day or two?! help us out here please.and mods please dont delete this - i really need a definitive answer on this from the devs. thanks.

I know this thread is only for questions, but is it OK if I give an answer, then ask a question?To klauke, there won't be a patch, but if you order from GoG, you can see that they recently removed IP based location detection for "privacy reasons". If you tell them you are from somewhere else, you can get the uncensored version of the game, legally.And now, my question: How long will the game be? With all this discussion and disagreement, can we get a final answer on this? How did a reviewer play through it in only 24 hours?

Old version XBOX Controller can play The Witcher 2 ?Not New XBOX 360 controllerMy Question Postshttp://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=32725.0and Geralt's face DLC qusetionhttp://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=32549.0

So I read earlier in the thread that the Steam version will contain Securom as well? If this is true i'm disappointed as it doesn't make any sense. An isn't advertised on the store page which will surely be the source of complaints when people are caught by surprise.If its true I guess my next question would be how long until Securom is patched out. Since I may opt to play the waiting game an just not get it at all until its gone. Since I have other stuff to play at the moment an was only going to buy it at launch to support the game. An before anyone mentions GoG I don't really feel like it. Feels almost like a dirty marketing push to buy from there whether that's whats happening or not.

Sifer2 said:
An before anyone mentions GoG I don't really feel like it. Feels almost like a dirty marketing push to buy from there whether that's whats happening or not.
Eh, and it is a great marketing spin-off ;)

Just reposting my question again. My question about the pre-order dlc is, will it ever be able for purchase or free after a set amount of time or no?Someone people may not care but I do.

GrimTuesday said:
I know this thread is only for questions, but is it OK if I give an answer, then ask a question?To klauke, there won't be a patch, but if you order from GoG, you can see that they recently removed IP based location detection for "privacy reasons". If you tell them you are from somewhere else, you can get the uncensored version of the game, legally.
i asked for a direct developer response because i dont want to cancel my order based on your, or anyone elses, supposition - i want a definitive answer from them on this issue.i also said i wasnt going to be buying from gog because i preordered the collectors edition. had that thing ordered for 5 months, and was really looking forward the the TANGIBLE products it offers - its rediculous to be punished for supporting cdp for the past 5 months by getting in an early preorder, only to be shunned now... so no, i wont be going with gog - its this or nothing.where are the devs anyway? its less than a week to launch and theyve lost interest in us now or something? seems to me like the days leading UP to release are the most important for the 'ask the devs' section, no?

GrimTuesday said:
To klauke, there won't be a patch, but if you order from GoG, you can see that they recently removed IP based location detection for "privacy reasons". If you tell them you are from somewhere else, you can get the uncensored version of the game, legally.
I'm actually directing these questions at the Devs but I thought I'd quote that because I was under the impression that TW2 was going to be the same in every country...-I watched a video of Tom Gop speaking at a conference where they were showcasing the combat in TW2 and I remember him saying that the game has been cleared in all countries and it will be the same around the world. Is this still true?-If this has changed and there are still some countries (like Australia where I live) which are getting a censored version of the game can you tell me which countries are getting the proper version? -If I was located in a non-english speaking country would I get a non-english version of the game? *coughjustchangedmylocationonGOGtoUKcough*I pre-ordered from GOG over a month ago but for some reason I still haven't been charged and can't pre-load, it's actually driving me nuts even though I know I can't play the game til the 17th :(

droctagon said:
I pre-ordered from GOG over a month ago but for some reason I still haven't been charged and can't pre-load, it's actually driving me nuts even though I know I can't play the game til the 17th :(
You pre-ordered a month ago but you couldn't actually buy until the 10th. Now you should go back to GOG and actually BUY the game. Then you will be able to pre-load the game.

@Klauke: Calm down man, the launch week is surely tense for the REDs, and since MM360 is a RP guy he must tent to a lot of maters these days. I am shure a solution will be provided, if not official, at last trough the community.@ MM360: 1. Any news on the toolset? I would love if you guys could release it as a day 1 free dlc :D 2. I am sure it has been answered elsewere but I can't seen to find it, Will there be something of a New Game+ feature were you start of with your gear and level of a previous playtrough for speeding up the process of seeing all the 16 different endings?Also thank you for all the answers, I really hope everything goes allright with you guys in this release week!

klauke said:
where are the devs anyway? its less than a week to launch and theyve lost interest in us now or something?
Apologies in advance for stealing the developers' thunder.You ever been through a product launch, of any kind? There's too much work to do, and it's all on tight deadlines.What you are asking is the equivalent of walking into the city room of a newspaper one hour before deadline and complaining that you need your paper in a different color of ink.

GuyN039wah said:
Apologies in advance for stealing the developers' thunder.You ever been through a product launch, of any kind? There's too much work to do, and it's all on tight deadlines.What you are asking is the equivalent of walking into the city room of a newspaper one hour before deadline and complaining that you need your paper in a different color of ink.
You know the game is gold since last week now, right ?

Moutch2 said:
Moutch2 said:
You know the game is gold since last week now, right ?
Yeah, what that means is everybody is scrambling to get it shipped and provisioned on the servers and deal with last-minute crap like what the Australian censors threw at them and the first service pack to go out. It doesn't mean for an instant that the developers have any time on their hands.

Top Bottom