Ask the Dev Team (old one)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask the Dev Team (old one)

If you have any questions about our game and would like to get a comprehensive response from the development team then you found the right place! Ask you questions here and we'll choose the most interesting ones and publish an answer with Feature of the Week on our website with the name/nickname of a person that submitted it.

OK Will in game be some hidden treasures ?Any news about tools for community ?Will in game be some typicals animals (like sheep,horse,goat etc..) ?What kinds of magic will we can see at world ?Can Geralt fight without weapon ?Will in game work exchange bussiness ?

Will Geralt be able to eat, sleep etc.?What kind of music will be used in the game? Bands' names, genere etc.Will you be able to continue with the plot even if totally mess up the game itself i.e. kill the king, destroy everything and be left alone. In some games killing of a particular character will cause one massive glitch and will stop you from compliting the plot line.

How open ended will the game be? Will we be able to walk all over the landscape or will there be restrictions such as in Fable? Will zones be cut off as quests are successfully finished or will it be possible to return to the newbie zone even at the end of the game? Same with the more advanced zones, are they all accessible or do they get unlocked as you advance in the quest chain?Can Geralt jump on or from roof tops or climb on them or on surfaces such as tables, chairs, etc?Will Geralt be able to climb on certain wall surfaces?What's the release date? Will there be a work in progress public partial beta as more and more games are starting to do? (FEAR, R6, WoW, etc)

Will be there some flying creatures (like wyverns or dragons,some type of vampires)?(If yes, can Geralt ride on them? )Will the monsters have special attacks, like poison, stunning, magic(whatever type) or petrification?Can geralt write a letter.Will be there unicorns, dryads and halflings ?Can Geralt cure his wounds in Meleke´s monastery?Will be more languages in the game? (for different nations or personages)Can Geralt broke his (or someone´s) arm, leg,nose, finger or poke out an eye?Will be there "hunters of witchers"? Will be there high tide and low tide in the game?Will be there moon phases?Will be there natural disasters?Well... I think that´s enough ...this time Oh maybe ... : Can Geralt play football? Thank you for your answers.Cammaris(Please if my english in questions is bad ,edit it )

Can we decide how Geralt will look? (for example: hair, mustache, type of clothes he will wear)Will there be a possibility to continuing the game after you are done with the main plot? (to just walk and kill monsters for money)

Will there be some special things happening during Midinváerne and Mida Te nights?Will we meet Dijkstra? And if so, would we be able to break his legs again? And ask him "Comment allez-vous?"?

Will you be able to ride his horse and fight at the same time, Twilight Princess style?How graphic will the sex scenes be (if there are any)?What is the level of interaction with NPCs?

You've mentioned so-called "mini-games" a couple of times. Could you please expand on this topic? What will they be like; maybe you could give us an example? And don't you fear that it will make the game very arcadeish?

Will Geralt be able to swim?There will be diferent kind of rideable/packing horses?Level of environment interaction? what about button/lever puzzles?

kdar

Forum veteran
Mechazoth said:
How graphic will the sex scenes be (if there are any)?
Oh about sex. How many times can Geralt have sex... like how many times per day..lets say. Will he luse stamina, and how fast will he recover, or how long he have to wiat for next round?

man he can controll every organ of his all body......he could have sex all day long!!...btw you will see that in the book

Pistis said:
man he can controll every organ of his all body......he could have sex all day long!!...btw you will see that in the book
Elixirs have negative influence on his ... ehm ....sex skills

yeee but not that long....ok when he trys to have sex after a battel..hmm then yes...Cammaris--->> you remember that Yen had a nice spell to... hmm... help him with that problem hehe

sorry if this been discussed already:am i able to continue playing after ending the main story line? just would be so great i cant really remember any rpg which let me to continue. u know just to wander around and watch the sun go down and all. buying a little house near the city, open my adventurers market cheers

How will the dialogue system look like? Will it be a streamlined dialogue-tree (ex. Fallout, BGs) or will it have a more cinematic feeling, like for instance the one used in Deus Ex? From what we could see in the PR videos, it seems that you're opting for the first alternative, but I'd like to know the extent to which the system is going to be taken.And, as far as in-game chit-chat's concerned, how much of the dialogue lines are going to be voiced? (I assume it is planned to include voice overs in the final product, again pointing to the demo video). Full voicing, partial voicing and if partial, then again, to what extent?P.S. Oh, and for the English version, hire John DiMaggio :p

are there going to be any special collector items included in the game package? or even some collectors edition ? i know, maybe it is too soon to ask, but as i am a huge sapkowski fan and i am really looking forward to buy your game, i would like to get the most of it :) for example, i really do like the witcher t-shirt i have seen during the stunt video. if you decide to include it with the game package or sell it somewhere, then please do so at L or XL size :)p.s. thanx for the witcher postcard. it really surprised my friend and really cheered up me !

I think the T-shirt thing is completely up to publisher. Since we don't know anything about it yet, it is rather too soon to ask. ;)

I would like to know if there will be East European folklore in the game, and will there be ingame texts, tomes, etc to enlighten Westerners like myself. For example, what is a Witcher, and does the role have its origins in traditional folklore, etc. I am really looking forward to this game because it looks so unlike anything that comes out in the West. I am hoping for a real East Europen experience because I can't afford to go there... *sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom