Ask the Dev Team (old one)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Krendel said:
Is it already out?Just a jocke Haven't heard a thing about the game in ages.Any new previews in Game-magazines soon?
Soon, I believe beginning of February, there will be a press conference for western gaming magazines. Then we should have some more info on the game.

Like I said in the other thread, I hope that PC Gamer does an article on it...PC Gamer is a very popular PC games magazine in North America and I think it would be great publicity for TW to get a feature article in it. Myabe it's wishful thinking, but who knows, it might happen.

I don't think CDPR would miss such an opportunity and they will invite PC Gamer for the preview. This will be also the first time that the journalists will have the chance to play the game. I had some time ago - it was hell of fun!

i'm sorry...^^my english is bad...BUT i can't find the...registerbutton to play the game...or am i wrong and i can't play the game?pleeease answer,greetings

Ksandr Warfire said:
The Witcher is just in pre-alfa??? So what about relise date? Is it still 2nd quartal 2007???
We can't be sure of that any more. First there was info about Fall 2007 in the US, and then some more info that the premiere will be the same all over the world. There was quite a long dispute on the Polish side of the forum and we are still waiting for the official information.

Will there be ANY version of "the witcher" in english(or german, but i expect, that this won't happen), which is entirely uncensored?i don't care if i have to import the polish version, with a polish cover etc., as long as i can switch to "english". so: will i be able to play the game entirely uncensored if the languages i understand are german and english?Please give adults the possibility to play uncensored games. please.

The only info that we've got now is about the German and US edition. All the others should be 'full'. However it's nothing official yet.

I have read that it won`t be any skills such as sneaking, stealing or picklocking in the game. I understand that witcher never stole anything in book stories and some claim that such a behavior doesn`t suit to him. But in my estimation banning thievish skills is bad idea. It creates many stupid limitations and kills the main idea of the genuine RPG - the freedom of choice. For example if geralt had to get into some locked guarded room he would have only few possibilities- to convince or kill the guard, and then to bash the door. But if he were able to use stealing he could lift the key and sneak behind watchman's back. He also could pick the lock etc. I understand that individuality of Geralt was created by Sapkowski but I believe that every player should be given a chance to play on they own. If I want witcher to be assasin or burglar, why not? Witcher should also be able to bows. They should be hard to use, unaccurate, whatever you want, but witcher should be able to pick them up. I hope you will get my point :D

If I want witcher to be assassin or burglar, why not?
Because Geralt wasn't assassin or burglar. He was not thief. He was not maniac. He never used bows. This limitations is not stupid - it gives us ability to play in unique Witcher world.

As far as I know (and I know that from some previews) Geralt will be able to use other weapon than swords. He may use bows, axes and other, however he will not be as skillful as while using his swords. So it's like yariash suggested.I know nothing however of Geralt being a thief or a burglar if we want to. I suspect it will be possible. It's true that Sapkowski didn't make his character in any of those professions, but this is an RPG so we have to be able to use such skills. But we will have to wait till Fall to see for ourselves.

As I watched the new trailer, a question came up... will there be trailer-like rendered cutscenes in The Witcher or will all cutscenes use in-game graphics?I hope this hasn't been answered somewhere

Three more questions:1. When can we expect new gameplay trailer to be released?2. Are you planning on releasing the music from the last CG trailer (it's terrific )?3. What's the stage of development of the Witcher? Is it really only pre-alfa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom