Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
on a graphic laptop information........ it said that video card is competition to 8600 GS o_Oas long as i can play at low-medium setting at okay FPS... so i can enjoy the story/battles that all that matters ^_^ i be one happy College Student....My Classes... will never be the same *grin*

i read somewhere in forums that The Witcher doesnt support Vista -64 bit until The EE version this september....Reading that you have 4GB of Ram o.o that must be reason why ur witcher is runing slow o.oso just wait till EE on September 16 which u can download for free for people that own the game already and that will solve all the problems you might have ^_^EE is going to be great because it going to be supported by the top computers that are out... ;) with better graphics and since i didnt play the game yet.... I counting down days ;)

When doing research on which mobo I was going to buy, I did read there were issues with Vista running 4GB of RAM. You don't need anything larger than 2GB.

it works fine in Vista 64bit, actually it works better that in Vista 32bit4gb of ram are used better in 64bit OSes, BTW2gb of RAM will run anything you would want to play ATM

Actually, on Windows XP it was slow for me..As soon as I installed Vista 64 bit it got a hell lot faster.

It´s an ABSURD that The Witcher DEMANDS a Core2Duo. :mad:Almost every one that don´t have trouble with this game perfomance have a Core2Duo or Core2Quad.What´s wrong with Athlon64 X2? :(Unfourtanetelly,the game looks like TOO CPU bound.My perfomance with a 8800 GS is almost the same as a 8600 GT.The only difference is that I have an Athlon64 X2 3800 running at 2000 Mhz (default) and the other guy have an Athlon64 X2 5200 running at 2800 MHz.I expect Enhanced Version optimize better the game!

Hope someone can help me.Core2Quad 2.3ghz4 Gb's RAMGeForce 9800GTXI'm getting some lag in the Trade Quarter (just started Act III), especially when the square is crowded. The graphic's options are all in maximum, but my computer should be able to handle it (pretty well, actually). Where does the lag come from? ???

danielsupernova said:
My perfomance with a 8800 GS is almost the same as a 8600 GT[/B].The only difference is that I have an Athlon64 X2 3800 running at 2000 Mhz (default) and the other guy have an Athlon64 X2 5200 running at 2800 MHz.I expect Enhanced Version optimize better the game!
then maybe you should look at the big picture too, the CPU + GPU are just a part of it
danielsupernova said:
I'm getting some lag in the Trade Quarter (just started Act III), especially when the square is crowded. The graphic's options are all in maximum, but my computer should be able to handle it (pretty well, actually). Where does the lag come from? ???
from the system, i bet you're playing at 1680x1050 or something, that was fine UNTIL chapter 3, look around chapter 3 and you will see the differences... oh, and the fact that the game does not actually uses more than one core makes the Quad useless :(get the AA lower or something

hey folks. recently i bought a laptop.CPU: Intel Centrino 2 Dual Core (2.0 GHz)VGA: NVidia GeForce 9600m GT (512MB)RAM 2 GBand i was wanderin can I run THE game on it's highest details with that configuration Thanks

I was wondering if the EE would run on a laptop which has: - CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo T9300, 2.5GHz, 6M L2 Cache, - FSB: 800Mhz, - RAM : 4GB, DDR2, 2 Dimm - Video hardware: ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 3650 - OS: Windows Vista Premium - Display: 1920 X 1200; 17 inchIf yes, then remind me to borrow my cousins!

> Video hardware: ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 3650slower that an nVidia 8600GTit will work fine, on HIGH, at 1280x1024 ( or whatever widescreen resolution you've got ), but don't expect game performance at 1920x1200

Well im not sure in my english, so if im writing a strange things - be polite please %)ive got a problem with the game. I have a mac mini computer, it has a C2D 2,0 hertz 2 GB RAM and INTEL GMA950 grafics. I know that my video adapter is to low and unsupported but I could play the game on Windows XP with the help of 3DAnalyzer - all i need is to put on hardware TnL caps :)but some days ago i have upgraded to Vista SP1And the game apsolutely crash.Once i've started it it check the dick and then give me a message on a strange language :( thats all.a screen of this mistake i have attached.If someone can help me, please do it :)In russian:Ну и попробую по-русски - мало ли мож кто поймет и поможет.Вобщем имею Мак Мини с 2 гигагерцевым процессором С2D, 2 гигами оперативки и графикой Intel GMA950 Играл в ведьмака на XP используя прогу 3D Analyzer. Я просто запускал игру с эмуляцией того, что не умела делать моя видеоплата - TnL.Все работало, я полигры прошел за месяц. А тут апгрейднулся до Висты и 3DAnalyzer перестал выручать. Обидно ж блин.Еще более обидно что вот даже настройки игры можно поковырять только зайдя в нее - а для этого надо зайти.При загрузке выдает ошибку, она указана в аттаче.Виста с первым сервис паком 32 бита. Помогите кто может.

Hello and welcome,The message looks like it should be in Russian but Windows can't output the cyrillic character set (you may need to install it).Generally, from what I read, Vista will make low end configs stop working with the Witcher while X still lets you, so probably the best option is just to downgrade to XP again (which uses a lot less memory and graphics power and thus gives more to the game).Other than that, have a read here:http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forumMaybe the people on witcher.ru can also help

nobody can help, it either works with 3danalyzer or it does not, INTEL GMA950 it's not a gaming card, and it's below the specs

I just got the game via digital DL, and apparently, I don't meet the system requirements, or so it tells me. Obviously, I thought I did. Looking over them, the only questionable part is the video card. I believe I've got a Radeon x300 / 1300 (or somesuch). Is that the problem? My processor is an Intel Pentium 4 3.20GHz, w/ 1.5 GB of RAM, which I believe is sufficient. Running XP w/ service pack 3. DirectX shouldn't be a problem. I know I don't meet the recommended, as I'm short half a gig of RAM, but I thought this machine would be sufficient.Did I just waste* 40 bucks, or is there something else going on?*well, "wasted" outside of the ever so slight satisfaction I'd get for supporting what looks to be a well made game, which isn't really worth forty bucks.

The Radeon X300 is way too slow, and the X1300 is almost as slow as the X300. Neither comes close to the performance afforded by the minimum video cards named on the warning label for the game box -- there is a way for you to forego that requirements testing, after which you will be sorely disappointed with the gross slowness of the game, caused by attempting to run a major game release on a very low quality $35 business graphics video solution. All of the download sites for legal copies of the game I have visited have the game requirements right there next to the button you click on to make the purchases. For a mere $80 or so, you could've had a beginners' gaming card, instead of the junk VGA device you ended up with.

Yah, ok. Guess I'll need a new card if I want to continue. Stupid machine. Hmm... wonder if it would improved my performance for NWN...And, for the record, I did read the system requirments, I just didn't comprehend them adequately... ;)

Ok, so, I feel like a moron for having to ask, but how exactly do I check what my video card is w/ XP? I'm just going by what Sony says I have. This is a second hand machine though, so I don't want to discount the possibility that the card has already been replaced (not unreasonable as the former user was a gamer), or that Sony is actually entirely mistaken as to the contents of the machines they make (again, not unreasonable...). I've been digging through the control panel options, and I can't find a bloody thing that will actually tell me what the video card is. Yeah, I know, moron. What can I say? I've been away from PCs too long...

Top Bottom