Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
xmanrex123 said:
will an inspiron i3 with 6gb ram and a intel hdfamily graphics card run this game?

Yes it will run the game but you will be stuck on low resolution with no way to change it . Also you will probably need to run a "dontForceMinReqs" to start the game .

Hi Peeps, i would really appreciate if somebody could help me out, im currently playing The Witcher 2 Assination of Kings. But after every chapter the screen goes black an the game crashes. can some1 please send me the save game file of chapter 3 or help me sort this out as im really enjoying playing the game. i have used every type of setting but nothing works and its frustrating.

please send the game file to ahmedpik@gmail.com

thanks and much appreciated for who ever can help me out.

Greetings everyone. Last night I installed Witcher, and already in the first level I noticed some ridiculously low fps drops (on everything maxed out, I haven't tried lowering).
Here you can see the rough locations or the views where the FPS dropped to 30 and lower http://imgur.com/akKEMOb,sb8lvp9,Cc08z8L,4yxB4Ux,E9qcUHU

Now here's my configuration :
AMD FX 8320 Eight Core Processor
Saphire R8 (3 GB )
8 GB RAM
W8.1 Pro 64-bit

I would like to add that I played the whole Witcher 2 on ultra without significant FPS drops during gameplay.

I recently played the game and I had something like that happen to me as well, in the same location. Might just be a coincidence, however my game ran smoothly after that, no problems whatsoever.

Someone can help me?, i have the wonderful 'The witcher 2', over an Windows 7 with amd athlon 7850 x2 black edition with 4 gb of ram, and a Radeon HD4650, to play it the best way i have at 1024*768, because at the maximum resolution, i move the mouse and 'the witcher' moves after :s, so what could i do?, if i get better video card is it enough?, thanks for any answer... good day!!

Hello everyone. I have annoying fps drops playing The Witcher. Lowering of graphics settings makes situation a bit better, but doesn't solve problem fully.
My configurarion:
Intel Core i7-3630CPU 2.4GHz
AMD Radeon HD7670M
8Gb DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 64bit

Will be thankful for any help.

Here you can see the rough locations or the views where the FPS dropped to 30 and lower http://imgur.com/akKEMOb,sb8lvp9,Cc08z8L,4yxB4Ux,E9qcUHU
I recently played the game and I had something like that happen to me as well, in the same location. Might just be a coincidence, however my game ran smoothly after that, no problems whatsoever.
Yeah, it happened to me too, in that location and then in Vizima, near the hospital. But then I've never had more problems. Coincidence?

However, maybe the cause of these fps drop is the video card? Because due to that, The Witcher 2 runs at tortoise-speed on my notebook, the other components can handle the game but not the video card, sadly.

Hello, I just recently purchased the Witcher Enhanced Edition and I'm having serious performance issues. I have serious lag during most of the gameplay (particularly combat with 3+ enemies) and very choppy video. I thought my PCs specs were fine for this, but I'm wondering if I seriously misjudged or if the computer is just having issues (virus,etc.). I am posting my system stats below, I would really love to continue playing this game and I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. Thanks!
<<< System Summary >>>

> Mainboard : HP 144A

> Chipset : Intel HM55

> Processor : Intel Core i5 460M @ 2533 MHz (max : 2793)

> Physical Memory : 4096 MB (1 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )

> Video Card : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

> Hard Disk : SAMSUNG HM640JJ (640GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : Hewlett-Packard CDDVDW TS-L633R

> Monitor Type : SAMSUNG - 15 inches

> Network Card : Intel WiFi Link 100 Series

> Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

> DirectX : Version 11.00

> Windows Performance Index : 5.9 on 7.9

IMHO the problem with W1 is its CPU bound old engine. There are couple of places in the game that drops fps for everyone. But fortunately for the most part you can get fluid 60+ fps. It's just that it kinda distracts a little bit when you get to those "heavy-hitting" parts (a couple of locations at Kaer Morhen intro, Vizima Trade Quarter and a couple of locations at Chapter IV and V). Little can be done to alleviate the fps drops (though truth be told, the better a CPU performs on one-core tasks, the better gets this situation), but at some places setting the drawing distance from High to Medium can get you back to smooth 60+ fps (although the visual difference is hideous, imho depending on how severe the fps drop hit is, it is better to get through those parts without dropping this setting). Some folks had also luck with lowering Shadows and/or Lightning, but again, imho as the fps drop is fortunately limited to only a handful of specific locations, it is really not worth making the game look kinda bad (but it can certainly get you through those locations if fps drop bothers you that much). The difference between Medium and High setting is rather pronounced in Witcher 1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom