Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

Get: The Witcher DEMO ( ~1.96GB )

======================================================
1. Minimum System Requirements
======================================================

The Witcher runs too slowly to play properly.The cutscenes often black-out and I'm missing important storylineWhat can I do to improve my gameplay?Will buying another gig of ram suffice?Here are my specs:Windows XPProcessor: Pentium D CPU 2.80GHzRAM: 1gig DDR2Video Card: Radeon X1800 GTO

I think that processor series is not to good. I also think at least another gig of ram would help.I can run it perfectly fine on:Win XPAMD Athlon 64 3400+ (2.2ghz)2.5 gigs of ramATI Radeon 1950 GT (Saphire)

TheKiwi said:
It's that CPU. You need more guts from a processor than it's got in it.
Ew, you need to tell us what you are trying to run it at. Don't expect high on all settings or high resolutions to ever be stable, mhm.No 1GB will not suffice, RAM is only part of your problem, doesn't mean it won't help. All are on the right track with CPU.

I would agree that the cpu is the issue... although I am running fine on my AMD Althon XP 2100+ :p(too cheap to upgrade right now ;D )

Hi there, I was wondering if I have the right requirements for the game?ystem Information------------------Time of this report: 1/15/2008, 00:13:51 Machine name: HEWLETT-CWWUEU2 Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard System Model: Compaq nx9110 (DW787AA#ABA) BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL Processor: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz Memory: 1150MB RAM Page File: 451MB used, 2375MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)DX Setup Parameters: Not found DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode------------DxDiag Notes------------ DirectX Files Tab: No problems found. Display Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Music Tab: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. Network Tab: No problems found.--------------------DirectX Debug Levels--------------------Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)---------------Display Devices--------------- Card name: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000/9100 IGP Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Chip type: MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP AGP (0x5835) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5835&SUBSYS_006B103C&REV_00 Display Memory: 128.0 MB Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

That video chip is well below the minimum. A real card, with real onboard RAM attached to it, is required, and it must have Dx9 capabiliy. That chip is only Dx8.

I have a pentium 4 3.06ghz, 2gb ddr ram, ati hd 2400 256md video card, windows xp mce, and i run the game on medium details and works great. iim not sure its soley the cpu being the issue,

wp34gsh said:
I have a pentium 4 3.06ghz, 2gb ddr ram, ati hd 2400 256md video card, windows xp mce, and i run the game on medium details and works great. iim not sure its soley the cpu being the issue,
It's not his card. It would eat your's for breakfast and still be hungry.

this seems like a fantastic game but unfortunately, the only way to play the smoothly right now i must set all the video settings to the lowest the can go which greatly reduces detail and graphics.... what i have on my computer right now is this:processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80 Ghz 2.79 GHZRAM: 1GBi have enough hard disk spaceVideo: Nvidia Geforce 6800i know what i have isnt the best but it is not bad...i would really like to play this game to its potential also. can somone plz tell me what would be the best thing to upgrade to enhance gameplay for a reasonable price(video, processor, or ram) and what company and product i should get plz...if it would be best to upgrade multiple items pretend i have around a $400 spending limit.(give or take a few dollars)i know its probably alot to ask of you guys... but even though i am and avid gamer and enjoy them alot i am not to on top of computer software and technology of this sort. i will appreaciate it greatly. thank you

Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80 Ghz 2.79 GHZRAM: 1GBThat's your bottleneck right there, and if that card isn't GT OC'd or Ultra, upgrade the card, now.Reasonable price AMD dual core 4400+ or better and 2GB PC6400 DDR2 Look for low latencies with this RAM, PCI-E boards are all over the site AGP has ATI 1950xt and I believe 2800? not sure you gotta research this stuff starting from google, the best shipping and fair price so far has been newegg dot com.

As is always the case, the video card contributes the largest part toward overall performance. RAM is in third place. A decent, known high quality power supply with plenty of reserve for the system is second most important. Get a better video card and the power supply that will handle it, then get another GB of RAM. (Only after getting the video and PSU more up to date is it time to look at the fourth link in the performance chain, the relatively old P4 you have.)

TheKiwi said:
As is always the case, the video card contributes the largest part toward overall performance.
Just sayin' this runs fine with my 6800 GT OC'd, not problems near this OP. It just overheats because a fan on it is dead.PSU I completely agree with though, I had more crash issues and problems until I got that 600W OCZ Gamer Xtreme.

I just discovered the game yesterday thru an email advertisement from Amazon. After reading reviews from both Game Spot and IGN I concluded that I MUST purchase this game. After reviewing the system requirements I was left unsure and rather inquisitive as to whether or not my system could run the game properly without any MAJOR captibility issues. So, I came here to ask whether or not my system could run the game properly and ensure an amiable experience whilst playing.System:Video Card: ATI Radeon X1650 ProRAM: 1022 MBIntel Premium D CPU 2.80GHz 2.80 Ghz32-bit Operating SystemWindows VistaDirect X 9.0 148 GB of 223 GB remainingI thank everyone in advance that provides an answer to my inquiry.

With Vista, it's highly recommended that you have at least 2 GB (2048 MB) of RAM. In the chance that you can get yourself upgraded to 64-bit Vista, go with at least 4 GB.I have had no issues, compatibility, performance, or otherwise with Vista. I might get a rare crash, but it's no different than what I experienced with XP; XP was no more stable than Vista has been, though this will most definitely vary from machine to machine.Not too sure of your video card, I stopped using ATI cards after the Radeon 9000 AGP. However, after doing some brief research, it looks as though that card should work, though you may have to cut the graphics/effects settings back for tolerable frame rate performance.Your CPU shouldn't be an issue.The only other thing I can think that can tend to make a bit of a performance difference is your RAM. You say you have 1 GB, but what speed is it? Is it DDR or DDR2? PC3200, PC5400, PC6400, etc?Also, I'm pretty sure there is a thread dedicated to system requirements around here somewhere; you might be able to find more thorough answers to your questions/concerns.

That system will run it on minimum, i think. But you really need to have at least 2 gigs of RAM with Vista.

bklipple said:
With Vista, it's highly recommended that you have at least 2 GB (2048 MB) of RAM. In the chance that you can get yourself upgraded to 64-bit Vista, go with at least 4 GB.I have had no issues, compatibility, performance, or otherwise with Vista. I might get a rare crash, but it's no different than what I experienced with XP; XP was no more stable than Vista has been, though this will most definitely vary from machine to machine.Not too sure of your video card, I stopped using ATI cards after the Radeon 9000 AGP. However, after doing some brief research, it looks as though that card should work, though you may have to cut the graphics/effects settings back for tolerable frame rate performance.Your CPU shouldn't be an issue.The only other thing I can think that can tend to make a bit of a performance difference is your RAM. You say you have 1 GB, but what speed is it? Is it DDR or DDR2? PC3200, PC5400, PC6400, etc?Also, I'm pretty sure there is a thread dedicated to system requirements around here somewhere; you might be able to find more thorough answers to your questions/concerns.
Regarding the ram, I was inserting Hellgate: London earlier today to play and in that time I took a gander at the recommended system requirements for that game. For Vista, Hellgate requires 2 GB of ram and really Hellgate's requirements are eqivalent to The Witcher's requirements and Hellgate runs fine, save for the occasional lag spike when all hell is breaking loose on screen. Just thought I'd mention that.The speed is 1024 MB DDR2. I hope that helps a bit.

Top Bottom