Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
I just finished the game and despite having a great time with it there is something awfully wrong with performance in Chapter III and Chapter V. Changing the settings from low-->medium--> high causes no increase in fps usually idlling between 20 and 30 fps and around 100 indoors.My specs areQ6600 @ 3.2 Ghz8800GT 700/750/10004GB 800Mhz DDR2Running at 1680x1050

/\ strangely enough it makes a difference, decreasing the resolution on it's own seems to give an increase in performance, as of right now i'm running chapter 1 at like 20-30 fps, it really sucks.

Just bought the game, about two hours ago. Installed it and tried to play.1) I didn't get a CD Key in my manual2) Game play is so slow, it's laggy and a massive piss-off.3) System Requirements should have been on the back of the game-box, not in the manual to read after you paided $49.99 to find out it isn't working right.I would have expected this from a Mass-multi-player game like World of Warcraft, not a single player game.Anyhow my computer is composed of; Manufacturer - Hewlett-Packard CompanyProcessor: AMD athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ 2.80 GHzMemory (RAM) 3.00 GBSystem Type: 32-bit Operating SystemWindows - VistaVideo Card - Nvidia - GeForce 6150SE nForce 430Just bought this computer last month from Future Shop. Now, I'm not talented or understanding in any way when it comes to computers, So if you could tell me what I am lacking to play this game. Please do so.

Well that a piss-off.Sales rep said it was a gaming computer. Haha.Anyhow, so I need to up-grade then. So what type of Video card should I get?Also, is it just the Video Card and is everything else fine?Also! Still haven't found my CD Key in the Manual. =P I've looked through it over and over.

cd-key is on the white stripe you can see on post attachmentfrom graphic cards i'd recommend geforce 7900gt 512 or better like 8600gt, 8800gt/gts, 9600, 9800....i finished the game on geforce 7900gt on highest graphic settings tough it wasnt too fluent experience. on 8800 i dont have any problems.i'm not using radeons but they are fine of course. starting from x1900xt or better game should run without problems.

Vaunghdrake said:
1) I didn't get a CD Key in my manual
talk with ATARI
Vaunghdrake said:
3) System Requirements should have been on the back of the game-box, not in the manual to read after you paided $49.99 to find out it isn't working right.I would have expected this from a Mass-multi-player game like World of Warcraft, not a single player game.
and you did not read aroud the net about the sys req?

Hi I have to play the witcher on low else I have missing meshes what could be wrong my pc specs areCore 2 due 2.333 GB DDR2 RamGeforce 8500GTRunning VISTA ultimate Could it be vista that is causing this?

Not a problem but a heads up.I installed the ATI 8.10 drivers last night, and while they haven't totally cured stutters during gameplay they have drastically improved them for me, so anybody else having these problems I would advise to upgrade to 8.10My card is an X1800XT btw.

Hi all,I;m really enjoyign this game, but I;m getting sick of how laggy it can be. Any suggestions on what I can do to make it run better on this setup:Core 2 Duo 3.0ghzNVidia 8600gt4gb Ram22" Widescreen set at 1680x1050I'd honestly like to keep it at 1680 x 1050, but that even lags a lot on the lowest settings.Can anyone help?Thanks,Matthew

matthewmw64 said:
Hi all,I;m really enjoyign this game, but I;m getting sick of how laggy it can be. Any suggestions on what I can do to make it run better on this setup:Core 2 Duo 3.0ghzNVidia 8600gt4gb Ram22" Widescreen set at 1680x1050I'd honestly like to keep it at 1680 x 1050, but that even lags a lot on the lowest settings.Can anyone help?Thanks,Matthew
i play@1440x900/4xAF/noAA/noDOF/the rest on HIGHAMD X2/5200+/2600MHz & 2x2gb RAM & 8600GT & 22" LCD

The 8600 GT is *NOT* a High Quality video card intended for large displays such as yours. Either get a better video card, or run a coarser resolution. Real simple.

TheKiwi said:
The 8600 GT is *NOT* a High Quality video card intended for large displays such as yours. Either get a better video card, or run a coarser resolution. Real simple.
>25fps is enough for me :)

TheKiwi said:
Yea, i kinda realize that, but I don't think I can upgrade my Graphics card at all :(

If it's an 8600M GT, then true enough, laptops are not upgradeable for video as a general rule. But you named it as a straight desktop card, and you are using a 22" display (no such for a laptop), so you are most likely wrong when you claim you can't upgrade. .

Based on my MoBo though, I don;t think i can. It only has PCI-Ex16 slots, which means I can't use a lot fo newer cards that need PCI-E 2.0

Top Bottom