Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
I tried to play with my old computer with 1gb ram and a 7600gt silentlagged as hellnow i upgraded it by buying a new computer a i7 with 4 gb ram and 9800gtnow i don't get any problemsso i dont know much about computers but all i know the my pc now kick-ass :p

Hi Im new to this forum and have tried to search for a solution to my problem without result so here goes:Love the Witcher so far but cant disregard how poor it runs on my system.I play the game on 1024*768 resolution on low/medium settings with no AA, still the game doesnt run without slowdowns in some enviroments like the swamp.If I increase resolution or increase settings and some AA I get a very choppy experience to say the least.Considering the specs on my laptop I think I would be able to run the game with much higher settings but no luck so far.Also providing info from PC Wizards.Hope someone have some tips and hopefully a solution to my problem, and please inform me if you need any additional information.Best regardsJohan

Reach me on my email (addresses in signature and i prefer the Live.ca one) and i will work this all out with you !!

rocco78 said:
I play the game on 1024*768 resolution on low/medium settings with no AA, still the game doesnt run without slowdowns in some enviroments like the swamp.If I increase resolution or increase settings and some AA I get a very choppy experience to say the least.Considering the specs on my laptop I think I would be able to run the game with much higher settings but no luck so far.
your ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3650 should be pretty fine for the gameif it's like the retail counterpart it should be like a nVidia 8600GT, on which the game runs fine at 1280x800/HIGH/noAA/4xAF/no DoFread: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one ) as i want a full report not just a summary like you postedusing Vista? is the POWER setting on Performance ?

hii installed the witcher enhanced and applied the patchesbut the game seems to run like shit in my pc i run it max ( 1900x1080 through hdmi ) intel i7 2.67 oced to 3.4 gtx 295 ( tried both single and multi gpu no big diffrence ) ddr3 3x2 1333 mhz nvidia driver 185.85 and also tried 181.22 , 182.50there is a a diffrence in every driver like 5 fps if its raining or in fights the game run 40-50 fps but in closed places like houses its more than 100 fps is there solution for this problem i can max alot of games with better graphics but i dont know the problem with this onei forgot : i use vista 64 bit all update installed

Have you had a look at the faq ? Give it a try and if it does not solve it, come back and i will look deeper in your system to try to find out what is wrong.

Hi Devil, i also run Vista 64, have an i7 cpu, 6gb of DDR3, and i play with a couple of GTX 295's @ 1920x1080 through HDMI also, so we have similar systems.Is it running sluggishly outside all the time (not just during fights / raining) ?The game runs just fine for me so whatever is wrong should be fixable.

q8devil said:
i installed the witcher enhanced and applied the patchesi run it max ( 1900x1080 through hdmi ) intel i7 2.67 oced to 3.4 gtx 295 ( tried both single and multi gpu no big diffrence ) ddr3 3x2 1333 mhz
can you mess around with SLI settings and retry? AFR & such try the SLI fix mentioned in the FAQ

I can barely run this game on the lowest settings possible, what's up with that? System Requirements Lab told me I would blow this game out of the water, but that isn't happening. What could be wrong?

You seem to play on a laptop which in general offers less performance than desktop systems.Minimum requirements:Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +28001 GB RAM for Microsoft® Windows® XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft® Windows® Vista128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)8.5 GB available hard drive spaceDirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphonesDVD-RomRecommended requirements:Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or AMD X2 5600+2 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 PRO8.5 GB available hard drive spaceDirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphonesDVD-RomYou are barely meeting the minimum, so you should be able to play at lowest settings, but still with low fps.Basically, anything beneath the recommended specs is always going to cause trouble.Sorry.

DrWaffles said:
I can barely run this game on the lowest settings possible, what's up with that? System Requirements Lab told me I would blow this game out of the water, but that isn't happening. What could be wrong?
you would not blow it out of the water, it should work ok ( 1280x800, 4xAF, no AA, All HIGH, no DoF )did you put the Power settings on Performance?

i got windows vista the computer is fast and runs great. ive bought the EE from a store and downlaoded it. ive got the requiments but still lag. is it because i need the patch?(1.4) i really want to get far in this game but the lag is having me not really wanting to play. if theres any way to fix this please tell me =]

Patch is really useful, so would be good to install it (free) :)But... You have it xD EE is 1.4 patch xDWhere are You lagging?

Try installing, just don't get surprised, when it says it is 1.4 already :pAgain, coz You might've not seen edit - where are You lagging?

Top Bottom