Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
Don't know, I've seen there are some toys in Vista, that are on the desktop and do some things (clock, picture show, etc.). Maybe You play music (though I doubt it :))?Tried lowering the settings?

when i play i only run the game. do u think i should reinstall? but overall what do you think is causing me to lag? u think theres somthing i should downlaoded? for the game/later edit: right now im installing a hotfix for the versoin of my computer. that might help =p unless i already have it..idk[mod]use the MODIFY button[/mod]

420in401 said:
right now im installing a hotfix for the versoin of my computer. that might help =p unless i already have it..idk
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

ive got the latest updatez..everything that i need. the game loads quick jus the lag. and i cant find nonthing to fix that..ive got the req. ive got EE and downloaded it. ive tryed geting help b4 tryed some new things but still ive got lag.

Can someone tell me if there is any way i can improve my fps?i mean my fps ingame is really low ,is there any program like the Oldblivion for TEH4-oblivion or some mod that removes the shaders/light efects etc so that it may work better on my pc ? if you have any information please share it with me :)

Lol 5 years later I can still edit this :D

Last edited:
mephistoro said:
Can someone tell me if there is any way i can improve my fps?i mean my fps ingame is really low ,is there any program like the Oldblivion for TEH4-oblivion or some mod that removes the shaders/light efects etc so that it may work better on my pc ? if you have any information please share it with me :)
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )what game version original + patch or Enhanced DVD?

I recently solved my huge scenery problems thank to the help of the forum.Just wondering if anyone could take a look through the PCWizard report below or suggest anything I could do to improve the general efficiency of the game?Preferable that don't cost anything as I will be getting a nice gaming laptop in the winter and am not willing to spend much but all ideas are welcome.Thanks for taking the time to help, BladeInTheCrowd

BladeInTheCrowd said:
I recently solved my huge scenery problems thank to the help of the forum.Just wondering if anyone could take a look through the PCWizard report below or suggest anything I could do to improve the general efficiency of the game?Preferable that don't cost anything as I will be getting a nice gaming laptop in the winter and am not willing to spend much but all ideas are welcome.
get a better video card :teeth:

HelloI bought the EE today, and when I was playing it, I noticed framerate dips into the 30's indoors, something that I think shouldn't happen with my rig. Outdoors, I usually dip into the 40's. I'm running Vista 64, core i7 920 @ 3.3 GHZ and 2 Nvidia Gtx 280's in SLI. I played the game on both my moniter, which is 1280 x 1024 and TV, which is 1920 X 1080, and the same thing happens at both resolutions when running the highest settings. The SLI mode I'm using is AFR 2, and I already tried running the game with only 1 core but that didn't seem to do anything. Is there something I should be doing to eliminate the dips, or is it normal?

I've been planning to change my gaming rig for some time now and I'm wondering if The Witcher will run smooth at an 1440x900 resolution, mid-high details on an onboard HD3300 ( motherboards with ATI 790 chipset ).Thanks!

ShivaSi said:
I've been planning to change my gaming rig for some time now and I'm wondering if The Witcher will run smooth at an 1440x900 resolution, mid-high details on an onboard HD3300 ( motherboards with ATI 790 chipset ).
not with HD3300, that would be low-med

TheAsterite said:
HelloI bought the EE today, and when I was playing it, I noticed framerate dips into the 30's indoors, something that I think shouldn't happen with my rig. Outdoors, I usually dip into the 40's. I'm running Vista 64, core i7 920 @ 3.3 GHZ and 2 Nvidia Gtx 280's in SLI. I played the game on both my moniter, which is 1280 x 1024 and TV, which is 1920 X 1080, and the same thing happens at both resolutions when running the highest settings. The SLI mode I'm using is AFR 2, and I already tried running the game with only 1 core but that didn't seem to do anything. Is there something I should be doing to eliminate the dips, or is it normal?
yeah that dont sound normal. FPS should run way faster indoors if you ask me.tried without SLI? or different drivers? meh, prolly fixed already :-X

Hello people allow me to begin by listing my rig's current spec:Intel Celeron D @2.53ghz3gb DDR 2 @533mhzXFX 512mb Geforce 9400gtI am currently running the 2007 release of the game with a good frame rate @1024x768 with 2x anti-aliasing, 8x anisotropic, highest textures, highest lighting, highest shadows and DOF on. Despite this, I have to keep draw distance at the lowest setting otherwise I encounter huge performance problems, even if i lower or turn off all of the other settings, including resolution and anti-aliasing. I also encounter problems when fighting a boss, again even if all settings are set to lowest or off.Is this a sign that my outdated single-core CPU is too slow to cope, or that my budget graphics card is simply living up to it's value, or is it a combination of the two? I would realy appreciate any advice you can give me on this matter, and also could you recomend what hardware to upgrade to?

Demidekidasu said:
Intel Celeron D @2.53ghz3gb DDR 2 @533mhzXFX 512mb Geforce 9400gtIs this a sign that my outdated single-core CPU is too slow to cope, or that my budget graphics card is simply living up to it's value, or is it a combination of the two? I would realy appreciate any advice you can give me on this matter, and also could you recomend what hardware to upgrade to?
it's a combinationread: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one ) so we know what your current hardware is exactly

It appears that The Witcher benefits from CPU too.I changed my old system Athlon64 X2 3800,3 GB DDR400 and 8800 GS for a Core2Duo E7200,2 GB DDR2 800 and the same video card and got a significant boost in perfomance even when raining on Temple Quarter.At least in this place and also in The Dike e Swamp Forest,the slowdowns are almost gone.And I didn´t change my video card!I am sure that if I change my video card for for example,a GTS 250,I will have the game run better;however I have no idea when I´m going to do this.It´s true that I´m running at 1024X768 and not at maximum settings...the frame rate stans most of the time between 30 and 45 fps and some empty open spaces,can get up to 80 fps.

Top Bottom