Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
danielsupernova said:
It appears that The Witcher benefits from CPU too.I changed my old system Athlon64 X2 3800,3 GB DDR400 and 8800 GS for a Core2Duo E7200,2 GB DDR2 800 and the same video card and got a significant boost in perfomance even when raining on Temple Quarter.At least in this place and also in The Dike e Swamp Forest,the slowdowns are almost gone.And I didn´t change my video card!I am sure that if I change my video card for for example,a GTS 250,I will have the game run better;however I have no idea when I´m going to do this.It´s true that I´m running at 1024X768 and not at maximum settings...the frame rate stans most of the time between 30 and 45 fps and some empty open spaces,can get up to 80 fps.
a faster CPU helps, more cores don't help as the game does not use more than one core anyway :hmmm:

Is there any chance the game will take advantage of duel/quad core CPUs in the future. I find it pretty ridiculous that people with faster systems than mine cannot run the game without it turning into a slide show at some point. I tried higher overclocks on both my CPU and GPU with little to no performance gain at all. I switched display drivers as well, but still nothing. All that aside I still like the game but If i knew with all the updates the game still wasn't fully optimized I probably wouldn't have bought it. I regret not trying the demo first.I honestly hope that this new 1.5 patch that I read about will address more important issues than the DRM.Vista 64 Ultimatei7 920 @ 3.7ghz6gb DDR3 Triple Channel EVGA GTX280 @ 693/1491/1323

Mastrshake9XI said:
Is there any chance the game will take advantage of duel/quad core CPUs in the future?
that is an engine limitation, as it's the same engine used in 2002 for Neverwinter Nights 1, modified to use DirectX9 instead of OpenGLa full engine rewrite or an engine exchange will be necessary, and that is highly unlikely :hmmm:The Witcher 2 ( or whatever its name will be ) i guess it will use a different engine, maybe targeted at consoles too, so i guess we will have multicore support then ( maybe even Mac/Linux support, as i can dream :evil: )

ok first I just have a computer a few years old....and I have a cd rom not dvd.....so besides the requirement of the dvd rom what else do I need I read the info in the book but it is confusing...i'm new to playing computer games on my computer so help would be greatly appreciated.......I bought all these computer games and need help on getting them to work.......these are the ones I bought....Lights OutArt of Murder: FBI ConfidentialMurder in the AbbeyGothic 3The WitcherWorld of Warcraft, Burning Crusade, Lich Kingso what do I need to know and how do I check if I have the requiremnets or not....thanks

First of all you need to know what is installed in your computer, mainly:- What type of CPU?- How much RAM?- What graphics adapter?- Which operating system (you usually need windows to play)?It also helps to put your stuff in the signature, like I did. So then someone helping you already knows what you have and you don't need to post it all over again every time.

LilKis said:
ok first I just have a computer a few years old....and I have a cd rom not dvd.....so besides the requirement of the dvd rom what else do I need I read the info in the book but it is confusing...i'm new to playing computer games on my computer so help would be greatly appreciated.......
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )

Hey guys. I really need your help. I've just recently purchased the enhanced edition of this great game. But, before i bought it, I went to www.systemrequirements.com to see if my pc could handle it. There, it showed me that my pc could handle the recommended requirements. But after playing the game, I see that it lags a lot, even on Low. I can't understand why, seeing that it should handle the recommended requirements. My specs are :- 8gb ram ( 4gb ram + 4gb turbo boost)- Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz- NVIDIA GeForce G 105M (GeForce G 105M) with 512mbSo, why do you think that it lags so much? Is there anything I could do? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Benfica2 said:
Hey guys. I really need your help. I've just recently purchased the enhanced edition of this great game. But, before i bought it, I went to www.systemrequirements.com to see if my pc could handle it. There, it showed me that my pc could handle the recommended requirements. But after playing the game, I see that it lags a lot, even on Low. I can't understand why, seeing that it should handle the recommended requirements. My specs are :- 8gb ram ( 4gb ram + 4gb turbo boost)- Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz- NVIDIA GeForce G 105M (GeForce G 105M) with 512mbSo, why do you think that it lags so much? Is there anything I could do? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )

I really need help. I bought the Enhanced version of this game, and even if I put the graphics on Low, it still lags a lot. I don't think that it is my pc's problem, because it should handle the game on, at least, Normal. So, I need help finding out why it lags so much, and if there are any tweaks that I could do to get a better performance out of the game. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I was wondering if this game would be able to work on my laptop? I recently downloaded the demo and placed in the missing "d93d..." dll file and now it's stating that I don't meet the minimum requirements. Currently running:Windows 7 (7100 32bit build)2gb ramintel t2060 (1.60) duo coreintel 945 mobile (256 ram)dx 11All drivers updatedi'm even using 940mb from readyboostI'm not expecting to run high end specs for the game but at least mid-low. Also since this is a demo, I'd like to know if the retail version would be able to play on my laptop. I even ran the demo with win xp (sp 3) compatability and still no luck.Included is the "pc wizard" text file as shown in the faq thread. Thanks!

synii said:
intel t2060 (1.60) duo coreintel 945 mobile (256 ram)
you don't meet the minimum requirements, and you're on a laptop so you can't upgrade your hardwareyou should of at least tried the demo before purchasing :(
synii said:
I really need help. I bought the Enhanced version of this game, and even if I put the graphics on Low, it still lags a lot. I don't think that it is my pc's problem, because it should handle the game on, at least, Normal. So, I need help finding out why it lags so much, and if there are any tweaks that I could do to get a better performance out of the game. Thanks in advance.
get the latest DirectX for you: http://downloads.guru3d.com/DirectX-End-User-Runtimes-(March-2009)-download-1943.htmlget the latest nVidia driver: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_186.18_whql.html

Benfica2 said:
Whats this "turbo boost"?Sounds to me like you have a laptop. They suffer from slow disk i/o and the mobile graphics are not powerful at all.

LicaonKter said:
you don't meet the minimum requirements, and you're on a laptop so you can't upgrade your hardwareyou should of at least tried the demo before purchasing :([/QUOTE]Lol no worries. I haven't bought the game yet. Just installed the demo. Thanks though.

Hey guys, my knowledge of computers is pretty limited. Im wondering what video card it will take to run this game on all high settings or at least texture quality high and other settings medium and still be playable on my system.Athlon X2 6000+ @3.0 ghz2GB DDR2 800 mhz (off brand Aeneon)480 watt PS (off brand Orion)Biostar TF7025-M2 Socket AM2 Mother Board256 MB XFX GeForce 8600 GTSI dont have PC wizard but i can download if need be.Im pretty sure the 8600 wont cut it for high settings.I mean how much higher can i go in terms of vid card and any recomendations, or is there a limiting factor on my other components making a vid card upgrade less noticable?

Top Bottom