Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
For 200 bucks I would definitely buy something like this: http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/hardware/1836_1.htmlOf course choosing the company is a matter of taste. Keep in mind that your PSU is the absolute minimum required for this setup. All cards from GF 2xx line requires 500W PSU or better, ATI cards are even more power hungry. 480W PSU should handle it flawlessly but I don't recall Orion brand. It should be high quality.

Actually, that system should be able to run texture high, and other things medium, and be fine. Granted, I have 3 GB of RAM, but I only have a 7600GT, and I use the following settings:1280x1024, (Highest Monitor can go).Anisotropic Filtering: 8xAA: None.Texture: HighLighting: HighShadows: Off, (I can run shadows, they just look... fake, IMO.)Depth of Field: Off, (this was causing the game to crash, I believe.)Everything else is on the highest settings.

But running it with shadows, DofF (definitely this), and a 1680x1050 monitor will make it stutter frequently right? Seeing that GTX 260 216 Black Edition, its pretty awesome but it says the min power requirement is 630 watts. You think my 480 watt will work? How would a GTS 250 do?

Nope. Big gpu, big PSU, no way around it. Recommendation: BeQuiet! Dark Power 650W - the higher price pays itself through high efficency, ergo less heat and less power usage. And it's quiet and has cable management (no more chaos in the case, but that's just a bonus).For statistics and comparison: my cpu is intel dualcore @2.4ghz and gpu is GeForce 8800GT 512MB, 3200gb ram - I play everything on highest settings, including shadows, DoF and Antialias (which brings most cards to their knees). So your pc isn't all that bad in comparison, new gpu and PSU should go a long way.Just one thing, but that is just hearsay from my viewpoint: I've been told that Intel is much better with the multiple cores, else I'd have AMD myself. But you can look up some benchmark tests and compare yourself.

I looked up that PS and im not sure if i can get it in the US. Looked on Newegg and Tigerdirect and couldnt find it. Any other PS recomendations?

paschben1 said:
I looked up that PS and im not sure if i can get it in the US. Looked on Newegg and Tigerdirect and couldnt find it. Any other PS recomendations?
any Corsair PSU above that rating would do ;)

Thanks. Looking pretty expensive though :(. This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if Asus P5Q Pro is SLI compatible or is it Crossfire only?

[pre][/pre] :wall: ok I feel dumb asking this I should know stuff like this easy but sometimes skills get rusty ok here is my question.....I got pcwizard and looked at my specs and details of not recommended cards and guess what mines unrecommended but the game does run. So what I wanna know is what can I do if anything to improve my current gameplay I've not started the game other then the intro story and move around a bit to see if I would have an issue. here is what I am using I only hope I have everything I even checked on quiting background appsI found there was not much difference.Thanks to anyone who helps.I thought this would be an intersting thread.AN UPDATE WTH I seen this and was struck in awe what has happened? When I switched to a different section in the world it fixed itselfbut I died and restored my last save and this came up again. I don't have any issues playing the game just really really weird or what.

CleetSR388 said:
I got pcwizard and looked at my specs and details of not recommended cards and guess what mines unrecommended but the game does run. So what I wanna know is what can I do if anything to improve my current gameplay I've not started the game other then the intro story and move around a bit to see if I would have an issue.
get every setting in game on LOW, and test...if it works fine..try to set them to a higher setting...and retestdo read this too: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,658399/Practice/PCGH_Tuning-_The_Witcher_Enhanced_Edition/?page=1

Hey guys, Im in the process of buying components for my first PC build ;D. Not knowing much, I have a few questions. From your recomendations I've deceided on the corsair tx750 PSU, the XFX GTX 260 Black Edition, and I found a MSI P7N SLI Platinum Mobo for cheap. First is this a good board on a tight budget? I'm thinking for the processor an E8600 or QX6850, price being the determining factor there. I know the 8600 is great for overclocking, any recs on these? The motherboard has a max FSB of 1333 and only DDR2 up to PC2-6400. Now this may be dumb question but would PC2-5300 be better to use than PC2-6400 or will there not be much of a difference?

paschben1 said:
Hey guys, Im in the process of buying components for my first PC build ;D. Not knowing much, I have a few questions. From your recomendations I've deceided on the corsair tx750 PSU, the XFX GTX 260 Black Edition, and I found a MSI P7N SLI Platinum Mobo for cheap. First is this a good board on a tight budget? I'm thinking for the processor an E8600 or QX6850, price being the determining factor there. I know the 8600 is great for overclocking, any recs on these? The motherboard has a max FSB of 1333 and only DDR2 up to PC2-6400. Now this may be dumb question but would PC2-5300 be better to use than PC2-6400 or will there not be much of a difference?
RAM is pretty cheap these days, if you want to overclock too it's better to get some good RAM, any known vendor will do ( Corsair, OCZ, Mushkin etc )

But would the 800 mhz RAM be better than 667 mhz? Isnt trying to match the memory bandwidth to the FSB bandwidth best to do?

paschben1 said:
But would the 800 mhz RAM be better than 667 mhz? Isnt trying to match the memory bandwidth to the FSB bandwidth best to do?
there are not linked together on Intel hardware like they used to be, iircso get the best RAM ;) ( faster = best )

If you're going to be overclocking and are on a budget, the E8400 is definitely the one to go for over the 8600. :peace:

Hi all,Just recently bought the game after hearinhg good reviews - but I have one problem... Seemingly the game lags even when I turn settings to low (whilst keeping textures at medium). Everything fits the system requirements, although I am running on Windows XP SP3. My system hardware is as followsSystem: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3CPU: AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core Processor 2.71 GhzRAM: 2048 MB GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT with memory interface of 256-bit and memory of 1024mb - updated Driver to 185.85I don't really see much of a problem other than the SP3 - but I thought that was the same as an updated SP2.Could somebody please help?

Lathandier said:
Hi all,Just recently bought the game after hearinhg good reviews - but I have one problem... Seemingly the game lags even when I turn settings to low (whilst keeping textures at medium). Everything fits the system requirements, although I am running on Windows XP SP3. My system hardware is as followsSystem: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3CPU: AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core Processor 2.71 GhzRAM: 2048 MB GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT with memory interface of 256-bit and memory of 1024mb - updated Driver to 185.85I don't really see much of a problem other than the SP3 - but I thought that was the same as an updated SP2.Could somebody please help?
You have a pretty heavy bottleneck between your GPU and CPU. In most cases an NVIDIA GPU will overpower an AMD CPU. I would suggest based on what type of cooling you are using to raise your CPU core voltage by a minor margin and increase your clock frequencies on your CPU to better assist your Core/Shader/Memory clocks on your Graphics Card. Also the current 186.18 Drivers have shown really good performance and IQ under 3dMark06 and 3dMark vantage on my rigs. So far it is the most stable and best image quality driver since the 17x. releases. Here is the link for your XP drivers http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_186.18_whql.htmlAlso take into consideration the gamers formula. Intel+NVIDIA, AMD+ATI. Simple and honest that unfortunately that is the way of things these days. The further NVIDIA pushes ahead of AMD/ATI, the more biased their cards become to Intel platforms. Another tip is that to expand the most of out of any PC game a 64 bit platform with 4 gigs of ram or more is always a safe zone. Remember that Windows Xp uses almost 1 gig of memory just for paging files and registry operations. While Vista can use almost 2 gigs depending on application preferences. Having more memory is always a good idea. Of course the only true way to utilize it in a physical sense is with a 64-bit operating system. I hope this helps lead you in the right direction. Before you attempt any form of overclocking ensure you have read up on it, and feel comfortable with what you are doing. Never use software. Always do from BIOS. Small frequencies at a time.

Top Bottom