Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
Jadidon said:
I just installed the first witcher game and when I go to launch the game it tells me the apiloader in _________ in _________ not found what can I do about fixing this problem I'm running win xp pro at 2.2 ghz with 4gb of ram and an ati radeon 9200 se video card plz help if possible
First, check if you have all of the windows updates

Hi, Just got the game and the cut scenes are really jumpy on both high and medium and are only just watchable in Low settings. I'm using a Windows 7 64bit PC with a 512mb Geforce 9400gt graphics card, 4GB ram and a dual processor of 2.7ghz which I would have thought would be able to run the game in medium settings at least. Any ideas how to fix it please or what the problem is please?Cheers

Hello all,Just purchased a new computer and am eagerly looking forward to playing The Witcher for the first time!However, I have encountered many 'stuttering' problems with framerate chugging both in cut-scenes and in normal play, at all Graphical Settings (High, Med, Low)I have checked to make sure that my drivers are up-to-date, and I have version 1.5 of The Witcher: EEMy Computer specs:OS: Windows 7 64-bitCPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHzRAM: 4GBVideo Card: NVIDIA 220 GTAny help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Very much looking forward to playing this game after having it on the shelf for over a year and waiting for a good system!

I'm having the same problem. I believe it may be Windows 7 but I don't know why. Mine runs most smooth on Low but My specs should at least let me play it on Medium, I would have thought./LE: Hey, Mine is alot better since I changed resolution to 1280 x 800. Then I set settings back to high and turned Shadows down and Grass rendering which seems to have helped also.[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

willett said:
Video Card: NVIDIA 220 GT
get a better video cardwith this one try to play at 1280x800, no AA, 4xAF, all HIGH maybe get them to medium if neccesary
willett said:
ati radeon 9200 se video card
video card not supported, we can't really help you with this as we can't in software what this video card is missing

Ok, so I got some upgrados for my computer, and as soon as I upgraded it I bought "The Witcher", Ok, not a problem, during the install, everthing went well but, when I play, it's laggy,Duuh, dumb me, Everthing is on high!*puts everything on low, including the Resolution*Oh my god! It's still laggy!!!Computer specs:pentium 4 3.00GhzGeforce GT 9400 1gbRam:1gbOh, and the cinematics looks kinda....cut, like, if some parts were missing, help someone?

Hi all. I've searched around for quite a while with no luck, finally going to try my luck here.Does The Witcher use mouse acceleration? This only occurs when I'm in OTS mode, Isometric views don't suffer, nor is this a problem on any menus. But when I'm in OTS mode, the mouse seems very sensitive, and the camera continues to move after the mouse has stopped moving. It feels very much like mouse acceleration/smoothing, but I've just been completely unable to find any info about it. Note that this occurs regardless of FPS. I know common "mouse lag" issues are often due to low fps, but this occurs even on the lowest possible settings.I'll add a PC Wizard report to the post. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

anomie said:
Does The Witcher use mouse acceleration?
not really, do set all the Mouse settings on Default in Control Panel just to be surealso, get the latest DirectX from February 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0cef8180-e94a-4f56-b157-5ab8109cb4f5 toowhat game settings?

so basically I've updated the game to 1.5 after much trouble getting the right files (they d/l corrupted like 90% of times) .unfortunatly, when i load the game it gives me a black screen and craches right away... anyway i've attached both the PC wizard analasys of my hardware and the error that the witcher has when loading from it's error log....hope someone helps me fast as i'm dying to play and been dealing solely with this game for the past 3 days...you can also contact me on MSN : nadavpeter@yahoo.com with the solutions...thanks ahead, nadav.

disabled hardware audio acceleration and increased swap file size to maximum... still crashes wheni press lunch...any other advice?

anyone? someone to look at the error log and pcwizard log to tell me what could be the problem? still hasn't fixed it...

I'm at the part where the townsfolk are outside the cave hunting Abigail. Right after you say 'Return to your homes', the game hangs for a few seconds on Geralts face, then crashes to the desktop with no error message. It will not go past this point, as I saved it near the cave enterance and tried multiple times.All graphical settings are on low, too.The game crashes often, mostly during saving or exiting a home. I have the enhanced edition with all the patches applied, computer is up-to date with the latest software and drivers including directX, ect.I've reinstalled the game and played up to that point, where it crashes the same way.I've also reformatted and done the above to the same result.I am aware my hardware doesn't meet the requirements but I've played games that require far more without any crashes or slowdowns. Currently playing through 3Danalyze.I've attached the error log. I'd be very greatfull for any help whatsoever, as this is a type of game I've dreamed about for years. The game plays without any lag whatsoever either, damn crashes..

Just a thought, but have you tried defragging your system with something like Perfect Disk Professional?

dune1976 said:
I have Crysis, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Dragon Age: Origins, Stalker: Call of Pripyat, Fallout 3, Mass Effect installed on my system and I'm not having any problems with them running. I'm finding that installing and playing The Witcher on my PC to be an impossible task.
those are nice new games using brand new multicpu and multigpu aware engines, it's rather unfair to compare them with the modified Aurora engine that The Witcher uses ( yes, that Aurora engine made back in 2001 to run Neverwinter Nights 1 ), an engine that uses only 1 core no matter how many CPU core the system has, and one video card in SLI/CrossFire(X)BTW, i get similar framerates at 1920x1200 on a GTS250 1Gb
dune1976 said:
I am aware my hardware doesn't meet the requirements but I've played games that require far more without any crashes or slowdowns. Currently playing through 3Danalyze.
so you know what you problem is already :wall:read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and update your game to patch 1.5, remove TAGES
dune1976 said:
so basically I've updated the game to 1.5 after much trouble getting the right files (they d/l corrupted like 90% of times) .unfortunatly, when i load the game it gives me a black screen and craches right away... anyway i've attached both the PC wizard analasys of my hardware and the error that the witcher has when loading from it's error log....hope someone helps me fast as i'm dying to play and been dealing solely with this game for the past 3 days...you can also contact me on MSN : nadavpeter@yahoo.com with the solutions...thanks ahead, nadav.
get the latest DirectX too: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0cef8180-e94a-4f56-b157-5ab8109cb4f5but your video card is not supported anyway so we can't really help youyou need at least a nVidia 6600/6800/7600/7800/8600/8800/9600/9800/gts250/gtx2xx or the ATI equivalents

Top Bottom