Assasin's Creed IV: Black flaG

+
First AC since second one I am really looking forward to. Good thing I stopped taking this series seriously long time ago.

Though I wish it wasnt AC game but new IP. Videogames are just lacking pirates :p

KnightofPhoenix said:
Disagree almost entirely. The almost is because I think this appies for AC2 and Brotherhood. But it does not apply to AC1, Revelations and AC3, which have a good plot, great story, and very cool characters.

Not saying those stories/characters were bad it's just that the setting/history is more interesting. If AC3 talked more about the politics and war of ideas it would've been a lot better, AC1 had the right mix going.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/03/leaked-assassins-creed-iv-trailer-shows-swimming-stabbing-blackbeards-rotten-teeth/

Leaked cinematic

Before Ac3 came out my only concern was if they were going to mess up the navel battles. After I beat it my impressions were the navel battles were awesome and Haytham Kenway was a great character. I hated that game, the story sucked, the mechanics sucked, most characters sucked, Connor was ridiculous and unlikeable, glitches and bugs worse than a Bethesda game. That piece of shit was rushed. This is all my opinion of course, but I feel Montreal sacrificed a lot of development for AC3 so they could work on Far Cry 3.

Babli said:
First AC since second one I am really looking forward to. Good thing I stopped taking this series seriously long time ago.

Though I wish it wasnt AC game but new IP. Videogames are just lacking pirates :p/>/>/>

I certainly agree with that... :p/>/>
Ive been yearning for a good pirate game for a very loooong time, I thought of giving this (Raven's Cry)a chance when it come out...VVV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVZqvm_uhlc

...But who knows?
There's no doubt that a Ubisoft game will look ten times better and feel slicker (and the naval battles will be rad, Im sure). But again, the story could be shit. :p/>/> Theres a good point in that regard, as Desmond is NOT APPERARING AT ALL... :p/>/> so if the ludicrous assassin/templar shit doesnt get too much in the way, I might pick up AC IV instead....

We'll wait for both releases and reviews, then choose, I think. />/> Except from CDPRed, I dont buy blind anything ever again.

Jackinthegreen said:
I certainly agree with that... :p/>/>
Ive been yearning for a good pirate game for a very loooong time, I thought of giving this (Raven's Cry)a chance when it came out...VVV

...But who knows?
There's no doubt that a Ubisoft game will look ten times better and feel slicker (and the naval battles will be rad, Im sure). But again, the story could be shit. :p/>/> Theres a good point in that regard, as Desmond is NOT APPERARING AT ALL... :p/>/> so if the ludicrous assassin/templar shit doesnt get too much in the way, I might pick up AC IV instead....

We'll wait for both releases and reviews, then choose, I think. />/> Except from CDPRed, I dont buy blind anything ever again.

From the trailer, it looks like it wont be the highest quality of gameplay out there, but if they get that atmosphere right and story will be told in interesting way, I am definitely gonna pick it up. And AC IV too. Though as you said, I am worried that they will spoil the adventure with that templar/assassin stuff. Edward Kenway looks like likeable character so far so at least thats that.

the trailer is officially now up. It has this AC2 vibe which I'm loving! as any AC game can't wait!

Money money money money, money~

Babli said:
Though as you said, I am worried that they will spoil the adventure with that templar/assassin stuff.

Yea, the defining thing of the series, I hope they don't have that

If they don't do the Assassin / Templar conflict justice and bore me to death with uninteresting pirate crap, I am going to get pissed.

I've reached the bit now where James Kidd is like "Edward stop pretending to be an assassin you're not one of us!!!! Also here are some assassination contracts you should go do them."

like what

But yeah I am enjoying exploring the seas and attacking the other boats and stuff. It will be interesting to see how AC2 compares to this.

And yes I understand the futuristic bit and what they're doing but I just feel like it's unnecessary. I'd rather just keep playing as Edward.

Yes exactly. That was one of the stupidest part of the whole thing. Assassins asking for help from an outsider. Uh.. no. Ubi just really put those side missions in because they were one of the best in AC2 (my personal favorite mission types), and in AC3 people complained there were very few, so ya. It's really stupid in the end but oh well.

Haha, that will be like water and fire, comparing the 2. But each has its own unique aspects I guess.

Yes I know. The modern part was the most boring ever in AC1-2. the ones in between those and AC4 had a point though.

Yes exactly. That was one of the stupidest part of the whole thing. Assassins asking for help from an outsider. Uh.. no. Ubi just really put those side missions in because they were one of the best in AC2 (my personal favorite mission types), and in AC3 people complained there were very few, so ya. It's really stupid in the end but oh well.

Haha, that will be like water and fire, comparing the 2. But each has its own unique aspects I guess.

Yes I know. The modern part was the most boring ever in AC1-2. the ones in between those and AC4 had a point though.

Yeah and they could have so easily fixed it by getting Edward to join them/training him to be an assassin. It really makes no sense lol.

Well hopefully I'll like AC2 as much as I like Black Flag. And I expect I will like AC2 because I enjoy stealth games :D

Yeah and they could have so easily fixed it by getting Edward to join them/training him to be an assassin. It really makes no sense lol.

Well hopefully I'll like AC2 as much as I like Black Flag. And I expect I will like AC2 because I enjoy stealth games :D

Haha, well I don't wanna spoil anything but it will be interesting later on how it plays out with the assassins :D

Oh if you like stealth games too, then AC2 will be right up your alley! Social stealth, stalking plays a big part in the game. I like to blend in with the crowd, walk up to my target and poision him, and then the guards are like "wtf just happened". Really awesome game that :D

Haha, well I don't wanna spoil anything but it will be interesting later on how it plays out with the assassins :D

Oh if you like stealth games too, then AC2 will be right up your alley! Social stealth, stalking plays a big part in the game. I like to blend in with the crowd, walk up to my target and poision him, and then the guards are like "wtf just happened". Really awesome game that :D

Okay cool! Once I finish the main quest, can I still sail around?

Ooh that does sound cool! I really liked the stealth stuff in Dishonored so i hope it's similar to that :)

Yes, once you finish the game you can continue exploring, so it's all good!

Yeah in some ways it is similar, but here you can use distractions like throwing money away on the streets, making the crowd fight for every penny. And the hidden blade is the assassin's best friend! It's not as heavily focused on stealth as Dishonored, but you can make do with what you have, like assassinating from haybales, benches etc.

Btw maybe you can give the MP a shot, when it works it can be pretty fun, especially Deathmatch mode, which is where all the stealth happens! I often play it too with friends.

Yes, once you finish the game you can continue exploring, so it's all good!

Yeah in some ways it is similar, but here you can use distractions like throwing money away on the streets, making the crowd fight for every penny. And the hidden blade is the assassin's best friend! It's not as heavily focused on stealth as Dishonored, but you can make do with what you have, like assassinating from haybales, benches etc.

Btw maybe you can give the MP a shot, when it works it can be pretty fun, especially Deathmatch mode, which is where all the stealth happens! I often play it too with friends.

That's a relief! I wasn't sure whether I should keep doing main missions or explore in case the game suddenly ended but now I think I'll try and keep getting on with the main quest.

MP in Black Flag or AC2?

That's a relief! I wasn't sure whether I should keep doing main missions or explore in case the game suddenly ended but now I think I'll try and keep getting on with the main quest.

MP in Black Flag or AC2?

Haha yeah I know! I mean when you wrote yesterday that you were already told to help the assassins with contracts, thats a little bit into the story already, and you only had the game for like a day :D But yeah, you will have time for exploring afterwards anyway

I meant AC4, yes :D

Haha yeah I know! I mean when you wrote yesterday that you were already told to help the assassins with contracts, thats a little bit into the story already, and you only had the game for like a day :D But yeah, you will have time for exploring afterwards anyway

I meant AC4, yes :D

Lol I keep meaning to do main quest stuff and then I get distracted.... I have reached level 4 Wanted and now that I can take down level 23 frigates without any bother, I don't see why these pirate hunters are even being sent after me.... Like 3 shots and they're sunk! Mwaha I am enjoying being a pirate too much :D

Oh okay! I'll have to look into the multiplayer later. Do you get any bonuses in the single player game if you do multiplayer?

Top Bottom