Assassination animation

+
Yeah, it's another very disappointed element. Just no real flair to any of it. I stopped doing the takedowns after a bit because I just stopped caring. It was boring to see the same thing every time. Now I just shoot them in the back the of the head. It's quicker anyway. :p

Melee isn't any fun in this game. The melee weapons don't have any real impact. And the hit location is a joke. I slash an enemy through the head and their legs come off. Really?

Kind of. It's seems to be random what body part it wants to take off on a kill. I've slashed high and taken legs off, and slashed someone across the ankles and watched their head go flying. :p
yes it does seem random, its not precise like Metal Gear Revegance, but i treat this game as RPG and not hack n slash, but still its cool to use katana.
Other first-person-shooter games that can do awesome melee is Shadow Warrior and Dying Light

I said the same thing in another topic. The sad thing is the 2019 gameplay where they showed the first mission of the game (the one with the Trauma Team) they had V sneak up to an enemy and in that footage she had a silent pistol takedown animation. No idea why this was removed in the final game.

That's why I went full net-runner in my stealth character play-through. Not only is having a single animation rather lame, but going up to an enemy to snap their neck only served to make things tedious and more difficult than what they had to be. Quickhacks are one of the most overpowered things in this game, because you can take out every single person from a long distance without firing a shot. You also get xp for taking them down, xp for using a quickhack to do it, xp for it being a stealth takedown, and more xp if you choose to kill them after subduing them.

That's why I went full net-runner in my stealth character play-through. Not only is having a single animation rather lame, but going up to an enemy to snap their neck only served to make things tedious and more difficult than what they had to be. Quickhacks are one of the most overpowered things in this game, because you can take out every single person from a long distance without firing a shot. You also get xp for taking them down, xp for using a quickhack to do it, xp for it being a stealth takedown, and more xp if you choose to kill them after subduing them.

yeah QuickHack is OP and some Melee builds are OP.

I totally agree with most of this, I wish there were more variations in finishers, in both stealth, and combat. I decided to experiment with melee weapons by creating a save in front of the first melee vendor i could find. I then Purchased, and used every melee weapon type they had once at a time. The One handed clubs, Hammers, knives, and Long blades had no finishers with light, heavy, or stealth attack kills. The only weapon i have access to with a finisher right now is the katana, and it only has one finisher. I can get the Katana to perform the finisher almost 100% of the time as long as i kill with a heavy attack, and I hear the mantis blades do the same thing. That leaves us with 2 weapons that I am aware of that have finishers, and they only have one finisher for each of them, I really hope that CD Project Red can add several finishers for each weapon type, and more stealth finishers that depend on what you have currently equiped while performing said stealth kill. Witcher 3 had some FREE DLC that added new finishers from what i understand, I dont see why they cant do the same thing with Cyberpunk 2077, I have faith in CDPR please come through for us <3

also i noticed in tutorial, T-Bug said i can't always stealth kill (high armored ARASAKA trooper) in tutorial he denied my assassination , but ingame i can assassinate anyone. Maybe i am missing something ?

first I was hoping for the ability to block bullets with a knife.
But I was too greedy. XD This game it's not the time to worry about those extravagant options.
In this game, I have to worry about simpler problems. :cry:

I really hope CD Project Red sees this thread, reads the comments that outline our sense of being underwhelmed with the lack of finishers for all melee weapons, unarmed finishers, and stealth Finishers that are contextual to what weapon is equipped. Please respond CDPR <3

CDPR added more finishers for Geralt, and even added an option to turn finishers off.
No doubt due to community feedback, there's hope :)

I think the reason there are no unarmed/blunt finishers is because finishers are restricted to kills and all blunt type attacks are considered non-lethal. You're basically just knocking every enemy unconscious.

With that said, I am extremely underwhelmed with no stealth animations with your weapons. Even Skyrim had these. It was just a stupid run of your blade over their neck region but at least they tried!

Top Bottom