Assassin's Creed Syndicate

+
Ugh this morning I tried running Syndicate on my gaming PC but it's not working. The game won't even launch. From what I've seen, it's because my game is installed on the E: drive and not the C: drive. Not sure what I can do about this since my C: drive is tiny and only has 15GB left on it. Blergh

edit: ok well the problem somehow fixed itself... not sure how or why but w/e

now i just need to figure out how to get uplay to properly syncronise my save files across my laptop and pc....

Last edited:
Ugh this morning I tried running Syndicate on my gaming PC but it's not working. The game won't even launch. From what I've seen, it's because my game is installed on the E: drive and not the C: drive. Not sure what I can do about this since my C: drive is tiny and only has 15GB left on it. Blergh

edit: ok well the problem somehow fixed itself... not sure how or why but w/e

now i just need to figure out how to get uplay to properly syncronise my save files across my laptop and pc....
knew it had something to do with Uplay -_-
that thing, alongside origin, are godawfull and are nothing but trouble. i'm willing to bet that if it wasn't put in place, the game might even run smoother on your laptop.

knew it had something to do with Uplay -_-
that thing, alongside origin, are godawfull and are nothing but trouble. i'm willing to bet that if it wasn't put in place, the game might even run smoother on your laptop.

Yeah Uplay is even worse than Origin. I didn't think it was possible but it is!! But it's what happens when companies make these clients to prevent people from pirating games, rather than improving our gaming experience. It doesn't stop people pirating but just instead frustrates people like us who buy the games -_-

I think it's more to do with big developers having their own platforms to get the most amount of revenue from each sale and to combat Steam's superiority on the digital distribution market.

I think it's more to do with big developers having their own platforms to get the most amount of revenue from each sale and to combat Steam's superiority on the digital distribution market.

Well the joke is on them since I usually buy games cheaper from other sites anyway.

GOG being the main exception.

The game was recently on sale on Steam so I bought it.

My first AC game ever.

I quite like it even though I do not have much time to play atm. Love the Victorian London atmosphere so if there was an AC game I was gonna buy, it must have been this one : )

Two playable characters is a great thing imo.

So far, I have played 8 hours in total and I think I am lvl 4 on both characters and have only fully conquered one part of London, so looks like a long way to go! : )

The DLC looks great! Jacob is a very handsome 41 year old...

I'm looking forward to getting the DLC once I've played the main campaign.

I didn't even bought it nor plan to.
Some say it is good but I don't care I'm seriously sick of AC franchise and not willing to give Ubi more money for same shit every year......bloody months. Especially after late fails and biggest epic fail called AC:U. For me AC officially died once 'Black Flag' was over.

I didn't even bought it nor plan to.
Some say it is good but I don't care I'm seriously sick of AC franchise and not willing to give Ubi more money for same shit every year......bloody months. Especially after late fails and biggest epic fail called AC:U. For me AC officially died once 'Black Flag' was over.

Aw! It's a shame you're not enjoying it anymore.

I've been lucky since I've only recently got into Ass Creed so I've had the chance to pick and choose the best looking ones.
Syndicate is pretty great though, Unity looked boring :/

I've been lucky since I've only recently got into Ass Creed so I've had the chance to pick and choose the best looking ones.
Not really. AC2 was the shit, and widely regarded as the pinnacle of the series. I got to experience that and don't really feel like the franchise has anything more to offer me anymore. It's just more of the same every year. Black Flag was ok though. For a while. But too familiar and repetitive.

And AC2 was a beautiful game back in the day. I still remember the first moments in Venice and looking at the city with awe. :)

Not really. AC2 was the shit, and widely regarded as the pinnacle of the series. I got to experience that and don't really feel like the franchise has anything more to offer me anymore. It's just more of the same every year. Black Flag was ok though. For a while. But too familiar and repetitive.

And AC2 was a beautiful game back in the day. I still remember the first moments in Venice and looking at the city with awe. :)

I haven't played AC2 yet, but I've enjoyed Black Flag and 3, and now I'm loving Syndicate. I'm not planning to play all of the games in the series, but although it's repetitive, Syndicate is fun to play for me because of its London setting, and because Jacob and Evie are my favourite protagonists.

Aw! It's a shame you're not enjoying it anymore.

Syndicate is pretty great though, Unity looked boring :/
Sadly as I said my biggest issue was that AC:S kinda came too quickly after fail known as AC:U, you could say I barely had chance to recover from that horror and still was too mad at Ubi, so when new AC:S was shown.....I seriously wasn't much appealed.
And as much as I love/ed some franchise I prefer it to have it's end, because seriously sometimes there is enough of sequels and you can notice that once game starts giving less and less new features each game.(-coughs- 'Final Fantasy' that is never final, COD games, MGS games and 'Tomb Raider' that seriously needs to stop jeez lol). So I always prefer for old franchise to end so new ones can be born instead of getting same franchise every year....month....it just loses it's charm that is all.

Sadly as I said my biggest issue was that AC:S kinda came too quickly after fail known as AC:U, you could say I barely had chance to recover from that horror and still was too mad at Ubi, so when new AC:S was shown.....I seriously wasn't much appealed.
And as much as I love/ed some franchise I prefer it to have it's end, because seriously sometimes there is enough of sequels and you can notice that once game starts giving less and less new features each game.(-coughs- 'Final Fantasy' that is never final, COD games, MGS games and 'Tomb Raider' that seriously needs to stop jeez lol). So I always prefer for old franchise to end so new ones can be born instead of getting same franchise every year....month....it just loses it's charm that is all.

Yeah I can understand that. I'm glad I didn't buy Unity or have to deal with the shitty PC port. Syndicate has on the whole been a pretty decent port. I'm probably not going to buy the next AC game that comes out (unless it continues the story of Jacob and Evie), since Ubisoft seem unable to make 2 decent games in a row lol.

Guest 3847602

I liked it, JTR had the better story than the main game, imo. A huge tonal shift from lighthearted Syndicate. Still, it's nowhere near Hearts of Stone quality, but as far as AC games and their DLCs are concerned, it was very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no :( I was looking forward to it.... Without any spoilers, can you explain why you didn't enjoy it?
probably the same problems as the previous AC DLCs:
+a few gimmicks here and there
+new weapons and armor sets (2 in best cases, if you get any new gear at all)
-repetitive and bland missions
-barely any story worth checking
-length of the DLC incredibly short (about 2-3 hours)

did i get it right guys ?

Top Bottom