Assassin's Creed Syndicate

+
the official Assassin’s Creed account tweeted six tiles showing a different ultra-high resolution version of the same brass knuckles with some symbols hidden by the decorations of the brass knuckle.

One is the usual emblem of the Assassins, but that’s just the most obvious. There also is a cog, a horse carriage, a locomotive and a crown. Some of the messages in the tweets also seem to hint pretty directly to the symbols included in the related tile.
For instance “race over” seems to indicate the horse carriage, “Don’t be late” is associated with the locomotive, “Who wears the crown” is obviously hinting to the crown. Interestingly, the question might also tease some kind of political intrigue related to the identity of the Queen.

What those symbols mean is a mystery. They could indicate the industrial revolution, which is considered ended in 1840. The game is definitely set during the reign of Queen Victoria (She’s the only queen in that time frame, and the “God Save the Queen” message in the previous teaser image is pretty telling), who was crowned in 1837.

Here's an actual trailer instead of a pre-rendered preview.

The setting looks absolutely amazing, but at the same time it looks like typical assassins creed. Will wait until reviews come out before buying.

It's PRE-ALPHA footage, but... this looks so uninspired and dull. Looks worse than Unity, perhaps on purpose to improve performance - or maybe it will change later, who knows. I mean, Jesus... what's new? The setting? Horse carriages? Brawling? Grappling hook?

C'mon. I need more Ubisoft. For now I remain uninterested.

Very underwhelming. Stealth looks as bad as Unity which barely worked. There's a bunch of buzzwords thrown around and Batman's grapple hook is now an Assassin tool, it's Gotham by Gaslight if anything.

Looks dull and yes I understand the setting but the colour drain is the same as AC3/Unity and I find that to be a bad omen.

More of the same. I already played and seen what's new in Syndicate in other games.
It looks worst than Unity, even, except for how the melee combat looks. Maybe the main characters will be more interesting than Arno (come on, it's easy) and his girlfriend (couldn't remember her name).

But...

I really liked Paris in Unity. I spent hours doing nothing more than watching people in streets I know very well. I'm sure I'll buy it for London...
I would like to play in other settings though, even before Ezio.

I hate Ubisoft.. the AC series is dead, this is just random games with the title over it. I was a big fan of the series until AC3 came in and ruined things, but all the games' trailers looked good. This one though.. I'm surprised that I'm totally not interested. I like the setting they choose, but it just feels empty. The hat annoys the hell out of me. Assassins always had their hoods, and that was so symbolic, sure you have it here too, but seems like only in restricted areas and stuff, like in AC4, which was really annoying there too. Grappling hook.. right.. no.. enough said. It's really sad, I loved this series and now it goes from bad to worse.

1. sack everyone who ever worked on an AC game after Brotherhood
2. brand new canon, ditch all templar shoehorning into the biblical stories and bring back the those who came b4 mystery
3. ditch all modern day stuff
4. hire Patrice Desilets to work on a new AC
5. develop it based on player feedback, no more collectibles galore, no more filler story for "cool parkour"

GOTY confirmed?

1. sack everyone who ever worked on an AC game after Brotherhood
2. brand new canon, ditch all templar shoehorning into the biblical stories and bring back the those who came b4 mystery
3. ditch all modern day stuff
4. hire Patrice Desilets to work on a new AC
5. develop it based on player feedback, no more collectibles galore, no more filler story for "cool parkour"

GOTY confirmed?

You know that's not going to happen right? Ubisoft believe that they know everything and that everyone else is of an inferior mind to them. Multiply that by 10 when you talk about their CEO Yves Guillemot, bloody greedy that he is...

You know that's not going to happen right? Ubisoft believe that they know everything and that everyone else is of an inferior mind to them. Multiply that by 10 when you talk about their CEO Yves Guillemot, bloody greedy that he is...

ofc it wont happen but it's worth dreaming that this once promising series will be good once again in the future.

I hope they can make this work.

It's got a mix of

Red Dead Redemption

- Horse Carriage 'get aways'

- Multiple characters in carriage (Same thing in RDR online)

- Gang engagements (Same as RDR online shoot outs)

Shadows of Mordor

- Faster parkor

- Take down animations (some similarities)

- More stream line combat

- Attracting attention (Same as SoM 'wrath' attract)

- Use of environment to take out enemies (Same idea/animation of rotten carcus drop in SoM)

Batman

- Grapple hook

Dying Light

- Zip lines (Like the ziplines attached to some buildings or from towers)

Grand Theft Auto

- Environment le-way (Light poll gets knocked over)

- Vehicle damage

If they pull this off, then this could be the AC always wanted & how Assassins Creed should be.

If they pull it off it.

They need to have no repeat of Unity.

Give it time to be polished, even if it means delaying it, none of this to early release.

A few needed improvements.

- When they say (in the gameplay vid) the knife throw takes out an enemy silently then the npc goes "ARGGGG" that's stupid. Make NPCs have no audiable if it's to be silent. It is a stealth game after all.

- The horse knocking over a light pole is a bit excessive....

Apart from that hope they get it right, they can't afford not to or they are officially EA 2.0 by practices alone.

I really hope they get this to work.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see how shit this game will be as an "Assassin's Creed" game. It's a bloody shame just how dead AC really is, yet they think they'll be making heaps more games. As for Syndicate, the city looks cool but that's about all it has going for it. Crappy story and gameplay that is about as far from Assassin's Creed as you can get. And to top it off, the main character Jacob looks like a massive tool...

After watching a few game play videos, I am actually looking forward to buying this game (once it has been out for a while and I don't have to pay $60 for it... no thanks Ubisoft) because it looks good fun.

Evie looks like a good character, and I think her seriousness works as a good antithesis to Jacob who seems to be a bit like comic relief sometimes.

The game looks a bit silly (Charles Darwin getting assassins to go after his scientific opponents???) but it looks interesting and fun enough that I don't really need it to be hyper realistic or serious. Sometimes games are just fun without needing a great story.

That said I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before, so I'm probably going to give AC4 or AC2 a try before I decide whether I'm going to get this one.

Top Bottom