Assassin's Creed Syndicate

+
After watching a few game play videos, I am actually looking forward to buying this game (once it has been out for a while and I don't have to pay $60 for it... no thanks Ubisoft) because it looks good fun.

Evie looks like a good character, and I think her seriousness works as a good antithesis to Jacob who seems to be a bit like comic relief sometimes.

The game looks a bit silly (Charles Darwin getting assassins to go after his scientific opponents???) but it looks interesting and fun enough that I don't really need it to be hyper realistic or serious. Sometimes games are just fun without needing a great story.

That said I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before, so I'm probably going to give AC4 or AC2 a try before I decide whether I'm going to get this one.

Like I posted in another thread, AC4 is definitely fun. But AC2 and 4 are really really different. AC4 took a really big turn away from the series's roots, with the main protagonist being a pirate after gold and social stealth not being a big part of the game. AC2 is the best in the series, that's the game that will show you what Assassin's Creed is really about, since it is focused on an Assassin. The graphics might be a little old by now, but the overall atmosphere of the cities like Venice, will make you forget all about that. This game is a tremendous amount of fun, with social stealth, challenging combat (more than anything after ACR anyway). I would say that for people who are new to the series, or just want to get a good taste of the "real" assassin feel, then AC2 is definitely the place to start. And Ezio's character is just plain awesome haha.

I always say one thing about Ubisoft games: Wait for a sale before you buy them as their games are ridiculously over-priced and very samey when it comes to mechanics.

Like I posted in another thread, AC4 is definitely fun. But AC2 and 4 are really really different. AC4 took a really big turn away from the series's roots, with the main protagonist being a pirate after gold and social stealth not being a big part of the game. AC2 is the best in the series, that's the game that will show you what Assassin's Creed is really about, since it is focused on an Assassin. The graphics might be a little old by now, but the overall atmosphere of the cities like Venice, will make you forget all about that. This game is a tremendous amount of fun, with social stealth, challenging combat (more than anything after ACR anyway). I would say that for people who are new to the series, or just want to get a good taste of the "real" assassin feel, then AC2 is definitely the place to start. And Ezio's character is just plain awesome haha.

I actually bought AC2 at the same time I bought the Witcher 2, but unfortunately for AC2 I decided to try the Witcher 2 first and got hooked on that, and forgot all about AC2. So now it's currently sat on my shelf at home, next to that creepy Alice in Wonderland game that I also bought but never played.

Actually the main reason I want to play AC4 is because I wanted to play a pirate game, but in researching about AC4 it also got me interested in the other Assassin's Creed games too. I'm going back home in November so I'll definitely be playing AC2 when I get home, but I'm also planning to buy myself AC4 as a present after I hand in my essay that is due in a month's time :p

---------- Updated at 04:23 PM ----------

I always say one thing about Ubisoft games: Wait for a sale before you buy them as their games are ridiculously over-priced and very samey when it comes to mechanics.

Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing for Syndicate. There's no way I'm spending 60 quid on it.

True words! Haha

And to think i bought most of the AC games on release! Well after they disappointed me with AC3, then AC4, I stopped bothering buying ubi games like that. ACU is said to be fixed, which I will be trying on my new beast rig soon.

---------- Updated at 07:04 PM ----------

True words! Haha

And to think i bought most of the AC games on release! Well after they disappointed me with AC3, then AC4, I stopped bothering buying ubi games like that. ACU is said to be fixed, which I will be trying on my new beast rig soon.

---------- Updated at 07:10 PM ----------

I actually bought AC2 at the same time I bought the Witcher 2, but unfortunately for AC2 I decided to try the Witcher 2 first and got hooked on that, and forgot all about AC2. So now it's currently sat on my shelf at home, next to that creepy Alice in Wonderland game that I also bought but never played.

Actually the main reason I want to play AC4 is because I wanted to play a pirate game, but in researching about AC4 it also got me interested in the other Assassin's Creed games too. I'm going back home in November so I'll definitely be playing AC2 when I get home, but I'm also planning to buy myself AC4 as a present after I hand in my essay that is due in a month's time :p

Oh I see haha :D
Be warned, I think you will get hooked on AC2 as well :p I am too, to the point where it almost reached madness and completed the game over 20 times by now hahaha.
Yes, I understand that part about playing AC4, and it is a Pirate game, a good one. Sadly it's not a good Assassin's Creed game, if you get what I mean. But that's the die hard fan inside me talking haha. Nice! I think AC4 should have a reasonable price by now. Sounds like a nice present :D

---------- Updated at 07:10 PM ----------

Be warned, I think you will get hooked on AC2 as well :p I am too, to the point where it almost reached madness and completed the game over 20 times by now hahaha.
Yes, I understand that part about playing AC4, and it is a Pirate game, a good one. Sadly it's not a good Assassin's Creed game, if you get what I mean. But that's the die hard fan inside me talking haha. Nice! I think AC4 should have a reasonable price by now. Sounds like a nice present :D

Well I certainly hope I get hooked! Finding good video games is the best feeling ever, especially when they're a bit old, because then you know they're genuinely good and it's not just your mind being tricked by fancy graphics :p

Yeah I think I will go into AC4 looking forward to it as a pirate game, rather than an Assassin's Creed game. I've heard that the worst parts of AC4 are the assassin bits, and the best parts are the pirate bits lol. I think it's about 15 pounds on Steam at the moment, and maybe they will put the price down even more in November, since Syndicate is being released soon, right?

Well I certainly hope I get hooked! Finding good video games is the best feeling ever, especially when they're a bit old, because then you know they're genuinely good and it's not just your mind being tricked by fancy graphics :p

Yeah I think I will go into AC4 looking forward to it as a pirate game, rather than an Assassin's Creed game. I've heard that the worst parts of AC4 are the assassin bits, and the best parts are the pirate bits lol. I think it's about 15 pounds on Steam at the moment, and maybe they will put the price down even more in November, since Syndicate is being released soon, right?

Haha good one :D Yeah, for instance I only recently played Metal Gear Solid 3, which is on PS2, and it doesn't look the nicest but hey, its an awesome game.

Lol yeah, that pretty much sums it up about AC4. Hmm, I guess they will lower the prices some, but I don't know. It's still higher priced than Unity is here! :O All because of the Multiplayer mode, I'm sure, but still.
because then you know they're genuinely good and it's not just your mind being tricked by fancy graphics :p
Sounds like the only reason I replay some games like Hitman Absolution lol.

ARGH double posting my stuff!

ACU is said to be fixed, which I will be trying on my new beast rig soon.

Yeah ACU is a pretty good game to try out with a beast rig, say what you want about the game but it's got 10/10 visuals, easily best looking open world game out there in my opinion.

Yeah ACU is a pretty good game to try out with a beast rig, say what you want about the game but it's got 10/10 visuals, easily best looking open world game out there in my opinion.

Will do! :D Ah I see. I remember watching some videos when the game was released, but back then some textures were really blurry and washed out, which I didn't really like, but I guess its been fixed since? Well anyway, the 980 I am getting will hopefully let me play at a good fps on ultra, knowing ubisoft's optimization.

Watching some gameplay videos, I was blown away by the unique soundtrack. Damn didn't expect Ubisoft to try something new instead of generic "cinematic hollywood music during gameplay"

did anybody see the reviews for AC: Syndicate ?
because, they're freaking hilarous:
IGN: 8.2
Gamespot: 9

seems that the witcher 3 is on the same level as that game ? lol...:areukiddingme:

---------- Updated at 02:33 PM ----------

After watching a few game play videos, I am actually looking forward to buying this game (once it has been out for a while and I don't have to pay $60 for it... no thanks Ubisoft) because it looks good fun.

Evie looks like a good character, and I think her seriousness works as a good antithesis to Jacob who seems to be a bit like comic relief sometimes.

The game looks a bit silly (Charles Darwin getting assassins to go after his scientific opponents???) but it looks interesting and fun enough that I don't really need it to be hyper realistic or serious. Sometimes games are just fun without needing a great story.

That said I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before, so I'm probably going to give AC4 or AC2 a try before I decide whether I'm going to get this one.
play AC1 & 2, the rest isn't worth it.
trust me on this.
fun fact: the original creator of the series, Patrice Désilets, wanted the series to be a trilogy and worked on the games i mentionned(first one with altair, the second with ezio, and third with desmond as a fully trained assassin), which Ubisoft opposed. this ultimately led to him leaving the company and the franchise to others.

so yeah, i highly recommend you play the first, but the rest isn't worth it.

Last edited:
did anybody see the reviews for AC: Syndicate ?
because, they're freaking hilarous:
IGN: 8.2
Gamespot: 9

seems that the witcher 3 is on the same level as that game ? lol...:areukiddingme:

---------- Updated at 02:33 PM ----------

play AC1 & 2, the rest isn't worth it.
trust me on this.
fun fact: the original creator of the series, Patrice Désilets, wanted the series to be a trilogy and worked on the games i mentionned(first one with altair, the second with ezio, and third with desmond as a fully trained assassin), which Ubisoft opposed. this ultimately led to him leaving the company and the franchise to others.

so yeah, i highly recommend you you play the first, but the rest isn't worth it.

Yeah I saw the reviews.... both reviews said that the ending was bad, which is a shame.

As for the games receiving similar scores to the Witcher 3.... well that is probably because they got different people to review the games. Big companies like IGN won't have a unanimous opinion on what is good and what isn't. Some people there might have not liked Witcher 3 but loved Assassin's Creed Syndicate and vice versa. I think a better way of comparing is to look at what the person who reviewed AC: Syndicate has given to other games, and see what they like, and see if you agree with them. It's the same with music reviewers. There used to be some reviewers at NME who hated bands that I loved. I didn't trust their opinion because they didn't like what I did. But that doesn't mean that everyone at NME agreed with that one opinion. In fact, sometimes other reviewers would give them high praise, because they were like me and they liked that style of music.

But back to Assassin's Creed: I want to play a pirate game!!! So I'm going to play Black Flag. Then, if I like Black Flag I will try AC2, because I already own that game (it's just at my other house at the moment). Then if I like that game I will probably try AC3 because I think the protagonist looks interesting.

---------- Updated at 03:25 PM ----------

Watching some gameplay videos, I was blown away by the unique soundtrack. Damn didn't expect Ubisoft to try something new instead of generic "cinematic hollywood music during gameplay"

I think the soundtrack for Black Flag is really good, but it seems that 2015 is an especially good year for excellent video game soundtracks. We have DA:I's Trespasser soundtrack, the Witcher 3 and now this!

JV.com (french website video game) gave 6.5/10 to the game.
I don't trust "big" reviewers like IGN or gamespot. Look at non-"international" reviewers... There are complete playthroughs of the game already on YT in any case. I've watched the ending and 2 hours of gameplay. Still the same issues with controls, good DA, good music. But it's the same thing over again.

I like ACs. I thought Unity has the best city I've seen in a game, and AC:Blackflag was the best pirate game I've experienced. But count me out on this one. I've already played it for one hour during an event and disliked how uninspired and hmm... childish it felt.

JV.com (french website video game) gave 6.5/10 to the game.
5/10 on Gamekult

(Other notorious games :
5 : Elder Scroll Online, Resident Evil Revelations PS4
6: dunno
7 : AC: Unity, FFXIII, MGS5, Watch Dogs, Witcher
8 : Witcher 2, Deus Ex:HR, Dishonored.
9 : Witcher 3, GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption
There is never 10 on this site and they are known to be serious and not collude with the industry).

Sony stopped to send them games because of the 7 on FFXIII the year it was released, it made a little scandal there. Then they saw their sales and said 'ok, stop the marketting bs'.

5 means you could buy it but you won't play it much. "Meh"-like. It is not an ugly note on gk, it's like a "pass" at an exam, with no glory. 6 or 7 are nice.

-edit- I just read the test, they said some things were really going the wrong way when they though Unity took a good direction. In short, they took all the bad things in Unity, correcting some stupid character design from Unity but made a bad story and stupid arcadish horse runs, stupid hook, etc. With bug cream. And more collectibles and generic missions than ever.
Last hawk jump with straw wagon they said.

Last edited:
I've just read a few more reviews from the Guardian and the Telegraph and they both gave it a 2/5 star review. Ouch.
It seems that the controls for Syndicate are not good, and make playing difficult. They both seemed to playing on consoles though, so I wonder if re-mapping keys on the PC is possible?

Sadly it looks as though Syndicate will be another game for the bargain bin in 2 years time.

I've just read a few more reviews from the Guardian and the Telegraph and they both gave it a 2/5 star review. Ouch.
It seems that the controls for Syndicate are not good, and make playing difficult. They both seemed to playing on consoles though, so I wonder if re-mapping keys on the PC is possible?

Sadly it looks as though Syndicate will be another game for the bargain bin in 2 years time.
don't forget the brain dead AI, and the fact that stealth no longer matters for quite a while (since brotherhood, heck maybe even AC2 ).

don't forget the brain dead AI, and the fact that stealth no longer matters for quite a while (since brotherhood, heck maybe even AC2 ).

Yeah it's plainly obvious to everyone (except Ubisoft, apparently) that they can't release good quality games once a year. This one seems mediocre at best, but broken and lacking.

Ubisoft really need to consider whether making a bit of extra cash is really worth driving the AC franchise into the ground. If they just had a bit more development time it would be totally worth it. As it is, nobody smart is going to buy Syndicate on launch.

Dunno, from what I have heard people (who actually have played the game) say, it's not that bad, instead of being a broken mess it's just an another assassins creed game mixed with gangs of new york vibes and Evie easily being the highlight of the game (the male protagonist apparently is bland and obnoxius).

If you don't like assassins creed, then it's obviously isn't going to change your mind.

Dunno, from what I have heard people (who actually have played the game) say, it's not that bad, instead of being a broken mess it's just an another assassins creed game mixed with gangs of new york vibes and Evie easily being the highlight of the game (the male protagonist apparently is bland and obnoxius).

If you don't like assassins creed, then it's obviously isn't going to change your mind.

Yeah I've heard all the reviews say that Evie is a great character. I'm glad to hear it.
Personally I've grown quite fond of both the protagonists, although I read one review that described Jacob as an "idiotic shit-eater." Nice.

I'm not planning to buy it straight away, but if it's not a horrible broken mess and Ubisoft drops the price around Christmas, I will probably get it then.

I have no plans on buying it after the debacle of Unity but as someone that played them all and really wanted this setting I still have a keen interest in it.

I guess my three biggest questions run like this:

Is it a broken bug fest?

Does it control terribly like Unity?

And how does the story play out? Is it like Unity where the setting is just a background while the real story is focused on the lead characters? Or is it like its predecessors where story and setting were melded together to make the story?

I like ACs. I thought Unity has the best city I've seen in a game, and AC:Blackflag was the best pirate game I've experienced. But count me out on this one. I've already played it for one hour during an event and disliked how uninspired and hmm... childish it felt.

Yeah. I bought it, played it for an hour, and couldn't take it anymore. May be I am getting too old for this already, but it does feel childish, like some damn cartoon. In essence, a very conventional modern game made for teenagers and very young adults, with nothing to offers me personally. Weird, though. I am still re-playing Ezio games, and they do not give me any juvenile vibe, while ACS is pretty much unbearable.

Top Bottom