Assassin's Creed Syndicate

+
Hope the game will run fine for me, had some big issues with other ubisoft games in the past for example Far Cry 4!

EDIT : getting this game in the next couple of days now.

Last edited:
Hope the game will run fine for me, had some big issues with other ubisoft games in the past for example Far Cry 4!

EDIT : getting this game in the next couple of days now.

It shouldn't give you any issues, I'm running it on almost below the minimum specs and still getting a decent performance.

One thing i dont get about Ubisoft games, now this does not really bother me but i can see it annoying alot of other players......why are all the characters so fucking eccentric, they overact so bloody much it feels like im watching a play -.-

One thing i dont get about Ubisoft games, now this does not really bother me but i can see it annoying alot of other players......why are all the characters so fucking eccentric, they overact so bloody much it feels like im watching a play -.-

I'm not sure I see what you mean. In AC4 I didn't really think any of the characters were over-acted (maybe that merchant guy at the beginning but he was there for comedic effect) nor in AC3 did I feel that the characters were overacted. In fact I think in AC3 they could have done with overacting a little more....

Charles Darwin and Dickens in Syndicate are definitely a bit OTT though. Darwin especially but then the whole idea of them even being involved with assassins and templars is a bit ridiculous in the first place so I guess it's just easier to suspend disbelief and not think about it too much!

I agree about characters overacting (in Syndicate), that's definitely true for Roth, Darwin and Dickens. It makes some parts of the game really cartoonish.
On the other hand, Sade in Unity "overeacted" too, but... not enough.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I see what you mean. In AC4 I didn't really think any of the characters were over-acted (maybe that merchant guy at the beginning but he was there for comedic effect) nor in AC3 did I feel that the characters were overacted. In fact I think in AC3 they could have done with overacting a little more....

Charles Darwin and Dickens in Syndicate are definitely a bit OTT though. Darwin especially but then the whole idea of them even being involved with assassins and templars is a bit ridiculous in the first place so I guess it's just easier to suspend disbelief and not think about it too much!

I was mainly refering to Far Cry 3 and 4.

Game crashed on me about several times which was annoying but i did not encounter any significant ingame bugs either.

Part 10 of my Let's Play is now uploaded, if anyone is interested :D

And also I have a festive Ass Creed photo for those who need help getting into the Christmas spirit.... !!

@PrincessCiri On a scale of 1 - 10, how do you rate the depiction of London culture in this game?

Well it's hard to say because obviously London culture has moved on since the time that Syndicate is set in. In terms of aesthetics I suppose it looks how I imagine Victorian London to look, and people's cockney accents sound pretty authentic :p

And, even if it does feel a bit silly at times, the quests with Charles Dickens that deal with haunted houses, mysteries and hypnotism are great because in the Victorian era I remember being taught that Victorians were really into this stuff. I'm going to have to dig out my 'Horrible Histories' book about Victorian England and refresh myself on Victorian culture so I can keep an eye out for other things like that.

But umm... on a scale of 1-10... probably 7 or 8. Some of the stuff is a bit unrealistic but I think that has more to do with it being a video game than anything else.

this game only got the looks, the rest, not so much. just look how dumbed down the stealth is compared to the first two ACs (especially the first one, god it was hard)

Out of all things you could complain about, like endless filler content or lack of polish, you chose stealth, stealth in AC games has always been an afterthought.

Stealth in AC1 just consisted of either 1) acting like you are a praying monk, which was REALLY boring or sticking to thick crowds.

Last edited:
Out of all things you could complain about, like endless filler content or lack of polish, you chose stealth, stealth in AC games has always been an afterthought.

Stealth in AC1 just consisted of either 1) acting like you are a praying monk, which was REALLY boring or sticking to thick crowds.
i know i know, the stealth isn't as advanced as in other games such as hitman, splinter cell or theif, but i find it enjoyable nonetheless, it felt fresh and new.
but you gotta admit that the AI got dumber as the series went on. especially with the last two.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I checked Amazon innocently to see how expensive the Jacob/Evie figurines are selling for, and now Amazon keep berating me with emails about them.

"You viewed this Jacob/Evie Figurine one time, WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY 50? I BET YOU WOULD!!!!!!!"

A few weeks ago I checked Amazon innocently to see how expensive the Jacob/Evie figurines are selling for, and now Amazon keep berating me with emails about them.

"You viewed this Jacob/Evie Figurine one time, WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY 50? I BET YOU WOULD!!!!!!!"

Fuck Amazon and their spam emails.

Top Bottom