Assassin's Creed Syndicate

+
Truth is most big companies don't get DLC right. And especially after HoS, no way am I buying DLC from Ubi. The base game is big enough.

Last edited:
probably the same problems as the previous AC DLCs:
+a few gimmicks here and there
+new weapons and armor sets (2 in best cases, if you get any new gear at all)
-repetitive and bland missions
-barely any story worth checking
-length of the DLC incredibly short (about 2-3 hours)

did i get it right guys ?

I haven't played jack the ripper DLC, but I did play the DLC that was made for AC Unity. It added new outfits, brand new weapon class with different musket guns, a brand new and fairly big location with new type of activity (clearing strongholds) and in general 100%'ing the DLC would take around 10 hours.

Hell I actually think Ubisoft games have pretty good DLC (as long as you manage to look past the generic outfit, single additional mission bullshit DLCs) . Tyranny of George Washington for AC3, Freedom Cry for AC4, Blood Dragon for FC3, Bad Blood for Watch_Dogs. Hell all future content for Rainbow Six Siege will be free, amazing, right ?

Oh no :( I was looking forward to it.... Without any spoilers, can you explain why you didn't enjoy it?

probably the same problems as the previous AC DLCs:
+a few gimmicks here and there
+new weapons and armor sets (2 in best cases, if you get any new gear at all)
-repetitive and bland missions
-barely any story worth checking
-length of the DLC incredibly short (about 2-3 hours)

did i get it right guys ?
You sure did :p

-Firstly, it's very short, like i completed it in less than 2 hours, although i did not do any of the sidemissions.
-Story is just a mess, it' starts to hype things up but it does not do anything with it and the ending is a massive letdown.

The only good thing about it is the atmosphere, just fucking fantastic, it feels very grim :D

Last edited:

Forum veteran
So I'm playing this on a PS4, which means the exclusive (timed exclusive?) Dreadful Crimes DLC. The game itself has a lot of really good and really bad elements, but this DLC is just undeniably good all around. Apart from a few of the crimes being a bit too obvious, solving stuff is the highlight of the entire game thus far. It's kind of like Witcher 3 in how you go around looking for highlighted clues, and kind of like Murdered: Soul Suspect in how you're given lots of information that comes from a bunch of characters, only some of which adds up to murder and much of which is actually superfluous.

The best part is that you can accuse any of the various suspects you come across in each case, and accusing someone wrongly decreases your reward somewhat, so you're actually incentivized to be detective-y as a player instead of just mindlessly following a glowing trail and watching your character automatically deduce things like in so many other games. Apparently this was introduced in Unity? I didn't play Unity because I'm a person. Whatever the case, the murders are always bizarre and memorable, and it's probably the most fun I've ever had in an AC game.

Hopefully it finds its way onto the PC version. Exclusivity sucks, and doubly so when it's actually good content.

don't buy games from ubisoft if you don't support their business practices. simple. it makes no sense to keep criticizing them and then tacitly condone what they're doing by giving them money. they aren't going to magically learn how to treat their customers right if you consistently reinforce their belief that their current path is correct, as they are making a profit.

Forum veteran
Your completely random proselytizing has opened my eyes. Next time, I'll throw the present across the room and scream inconsolably. I shall strive to live up to your example next Christmas, wise one.

http://blog.ubi.com/a-message-from-the-assassins-creed-team/

This year, we also are stepping back and re-examining the Assassin’s Creed franchise. As a result, we’ve decided that there will not be a new Assassin’s Creed game in 2016. Since the release of Assassin’s Creed Unity, we’ve learned a lot based on your feedback. We’ve also updated our development processes and recommitted to making Assassin’s Creed a premier open-world franchise. We’re taking this year to evolve the game mechanics and to make sure we’re delivering on the promise of Assassin’s Creed offering unique and memorable gameplay experiences that make history everyone’s playground.

Well, a step in the right direction.

Top Bottom