Assassin's Creed Unity

+
Assassin's Creed Unity

News! Leaks!

New Assassin's Creed! Who would have thought, amirite! And two of them ! Anyways...

Nothing "official" of course. It's a leak that Kotaku got a hold of. It seems pretty solid given their record of breaking news about unannounced AC games.

The Unity is set during the French Revolution, with Assassin named Arno being our PC. It's apparently only for the Next-Gen and PC. Then, there is other AC, code-named Comet that is being developed for Xbox 360 and PS3. We know nothing about it besides that though. It's important to note that these are early screenshots of an unfinished game.

EDIT: This is GOLD. NeoGAF thread from 03.05.2014 that basically confirms all of the above.

• set in paris and england (london?)
  • main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.
  • looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.
  • looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.
  • Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B ). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.
  • codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.
  • MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.
  • from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.
  • Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.

Last edited:
Assassin's Creed 4 was good due to the subject matter, I mean PIRATES who doesn't like that!? I won't be ordering this one though because of Ubisoft's general arrogance towards PC gamers, and their continued insistence to treat us like cash cows, just like EA, Blizzard and Activision with the non-stop DLC. I'll be boycotting this until they prove that they've changed their ways.

Well you know what. I'm kinda excited. Black Flag was my 2013 game of the year. One of the best elements was the protagonist. Great character with an absolutely incredible voice actor!

This new dude could be interesting as fuck. How often do we get to play as a French dude in a game! However. I do wish we'd get to play a female. I also hope the character isn't a boring fuckhead. I say this specifically because the era doesn't really interest me. Feudal Japan however, oh my dear, that's a time period I'd absolutely love to see!

If this new Arno(?) character ends up being shit, then I think I'll be skipping this one. The gameplay was, somehow, dumbed down in Black Flag from AssCreed 3. Something I didn't even think was possible considering how bareboned it already was. So that's not the hook for me. That's not the reason I play AssCreed games. The era, the characters and the fashion (as weird as that may sound) is the reason I play the games. If they don't deliver on all those three, well, eh.

I guess you could say AssCreed is kind of my guilty pleasure. The first Assassin's Creed was an ambitious mess but I loved it. Great atmosphere, solid soundtrack and a fantastic plot where the protagonist has an arc and everything. Ever since then I've been following the series, hoping that the games would live up to their potential! Unfortunately, most of them, if not all, have been rather lacklustre. It's a shame. It's got a lot of potential but Ubisoft doesn't give two shits. Just shit out bland, simplistic games and milk the fans dry by DLC whoring like a motherfucker.

Maybe everything will change with this one? Maybe this is the game that'll revolutionize the series?

I barely like AC, but it's kind of like a t.v. series or books and you just feel obligated to play after playing five games.

However, if it is set in Victorian London or Revolutionary France, I'll be damned excited. Since those are very interesting historical periods.

Last edited:
I think it's "Arnaud", at least that's a common name in France and that's how it's usually written.
I might play it, as I live in Paris and I'm curious about what they'll do with it. I liked what they did to Italy and Istanbul, even if I weren't able to play more than one of the AC games (boring and repetitive gameplay, very idiotic... plot).

Thanks The Miserables.

Every AC after the first was complete horse manure. And the concept wasn't that great to begin with.

First AC was a complete horse manure. It was basically a concept demo, with dull protagonist, story with gameplay so repetetive that it drove many away. Assassin's Creed 2 was an improvement in almost every way.

First AC was a complete horse manure. It was basically a concept demo, with dull protagonist, story with gameplay so repetetive that it drove many away. Assassin's Creed 2 was an improvement in almost every way.
I like AC1 more than the rest.

Well, I've just recently bought AC3 for less than 10€ (yes, at steam!
don't beat me!) A very plane story.... then I recovered AC2 from the dust and... here me again hanged by Ezio and the Borja family too.
I've have to admit that I only buy AC series if they are in offer, very good offer so I don't care about new episodes. On the contrary of The Witcher, the unique series I pre-order

Im all for the new setting, which actually I've been waiting for since Brotherhood... AC1 had a great, fitting story, but I agree the gameplay was quite repetitive. With AC2 the game just "opened" and gave you a lot of freedom and fun choices.

But the overall thing about this series is the terrible dev cycle, which has proven time and time again to produce hits and misses, as results go...
Im a fan of the historical period, so if they dont fuck up the story and protagonist sooo much, like in AC3, I'm surely get it. Not expecting a "masterpiece", though. :p Just hope it to be cool.

Last edited:
The new Assassin's Creed new location & a new characters ? OMG i don even finish AC5 yet & this news:was... :shock:

but well am a fan ( i got a whole AC series ) am gonna buy it .as soon as their released !
& am hope this time their gonna have a great story then Edward and .etc.etc

& well... until this today am still think Ezio & Altair are the best characters in a whole AC series
because you know , their are a legend :whistle:

Last edited:
Yeah, first wasn't as great, two was a hell of an improvement.

Unfortunately the overarching story is, and will always be, manure.

I like the Assassin's Creed series and I'm excited for the new game. I find it pretty entertaining and own them all on Xbox and PC. :)

Haha oh you and your poopy jokes! :p

I really do wish that we'd get to play a female assassin though. That would be so beast. But oh well. Hopefully this new guy is cool and all.

I do really like his coat. Looks pretty baller.

All the thoughts of a French Revolutionary assassin has gotten me riled up. I still need to play IV, so I have a question for those of you that have.

Should I go ahead and get it for my 360(on sale for 30 usd on Amazon) or wait until I get a ps4?

Top Bottom