Asymetrical Cyberware

+
So far the larger visual cybenetics seem to be symetrical, the facial wiring, the eyes, the mantis blades and the gorilla arms. I wonder if we will be able to have one bionic eye, one mechanical arm etc, just like many NPC's have. I sure hope so.

Guest 4211861

Dex has 1 mech arm, so does Keanu.

I just want a floodlight on my shoulder, it is a very dark game after all.

In a demonstration of 48 minutes of gameplay, the player bought one eye. But the effect of "witch Intuition" was on the whole screen. Of course this is a game convention. but...

Yet, when she walks out of the elevator both her eyes glow up in a orange tone showing they are both enhanced.
The data-link wire is on the left wrist. The mono-whip wire is on the same place on the right wrist.

I am asking if I can be more like Cable, Winter soldier etc ... one Bionic arm for example. If a punk with a monokatana slices off one of my arms I'd replace it, but I wouldn't slice of the other functional arm just to get another bionic one. I don't care that much about practical uses, more the visuals.

I'll add an Image from a over a decade old MMORPG where my main character have asymetrical enhancements, and I love it. Can I have it in CP2077 I wonder?

...or am I the only one to think this is important?

Attachments

• RadmanV2.JPG
    RadmanV2.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I also hope asymmetrical Cyberware is an option, but it doesn't seem terribly likely so far. They did say Cyberware was installed into slots, but it's probably "Arms, torso, head, legs," etc.

From a mechanical standpoint, it may be challenging for asymmetrical cyberware to be a thing. For instance, reinforced arms allow you to pry open metal doors. What if you only get one of those arms? Suddenly, it makes a lot less sense.

I also hope asymmetrical Cyberware is an option, but it doesn't seem terribly likely so far. They did say Cyberware was installed into slots, but it's probably "Arms, torso, head, legs," etc.

I think it will be. It should be. I mean, Johnny Silverhand has only one cyberarm and he is an iconic character. Considering the depth that CDPR is apparently going for, I don't have worries.

I mean in light of everything written and said so far, to assume there wouldn't be asymmetrical cyberware would be kinda absurd. Matieusz Tomaskievicz (I hope I got that right) said in the YongYea interview that you can also play through the game without any more cyber enhancements than what they show in the prologue: Kiroshi Cybereye (so you can see Johnny), The grip (I assume it has the wire used for connecting to computers) and wherever the chip is slotted. I guess these are the bare minimum required by the narrative. The grip is already asymmetrical since its only installed in your right hand in the prologue (2018 vid)

Last edited:
I think it will be. It should be. I mean, Johnny Silverhand has only one cyberarm and he is an iconic character. Considering the depth that CDPR is apparently going for, I don't have worries.

I mean in light of everything written and said so far, to assume there wouldn't be asymmetrical cyberware would be kinda absurd. Matieusz Tomaskievicz (I hope I got that right) said in the YongYea interview that you can also play through the game without any more cyber enhancements than what they show in the prologue: Kiroshi Cybereye (so you can see Johnny), The grip (I assume it has the wire used for connecting to computers) and wherever the chip is slotted. I guess these are the bare minimum required by the narrative. The grip is already asymmetrical since its only installed in your right hand in the prologue (2018 vid)
I hope you're right! I've been proven wrong time and time again when I think there's some technical limitation that CDPR may not wish to overcome.

I don't see why not, though some things such as the mantis blades or gorilla arms may only be possible in pairs, when they have features (wall climbing, door prying) that only make sense if you have a full "set".

I expect many implants will only require 1 hand/arm though, if their function is not compromised by it.

I surely hope there is asymmetry. Minecraft's managed it, I see no reason Cyberpunk shouldn't.

hhmm I don't know if I'd have to bet I'd go for symmetry only.
You'll need cyberlegs for doublejump or quick dashing and you can't do that with only one. Same goes for the "bullarms" (forgot the name).

But as long as no dev comes in here we can only assume in both directions.

I'd hope they allow us to have one cybernetic arm so we could be twins with Johnny Silverhand.
Post automatically merged:

Come to think of it, it's unlikely they'll allow us to do each arm or leg individually because it would screw up the stat boosts.

Like the gorilla arms used to pry open doors. You couldn't do that with one arm. The double jump and silent running they've talked about -- you couldn't do that with one leg.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, it's unlikely they'll allow us to do each arm or leg individually because it would screw up the stat boosts.

Like the gorilla arms used to pry open doors. You couldn't do that with one arm. The double jump and silent running they've talked about -- you couldn't do that with one leg.

You are now trying to apply some real world logic into cyberpunk. Don't. Style over substance.
Having each arm and leg cybernetics chosen individually is a VERY cyberpunk thing to do. Its how its been done in pretty much every proper cyberpunk story and game so far.

Back in Neuromancer novel, the bartender in the dingy bar Case first walks to, has an ugly manipulator in place of an arm. Shadowrun games by harebrained schemes allow you to choose augments individually for each arm and leg. I'm pretty sure individual arm and leg cybernetics are a thing in the 2020 rpg as well even though I can't check right now.

Top Bottom