At least two deleted gigs and a possible braindance video are still in the games code

+
Concrete Cage for Regina:

Nasty Hangover for Rogue:

They're mostly complete and have animation for the fixers phone call and audio recorded for the fixers + NPCs that appear in them. That and still being in the code must mean they were cut fairly late?

The video:
- this appears to be from an earlier version of the gig to recover the surveillance footage possessed by Maelstrom of the cop killing someone, it must have originally been a braindance to investigate rather than a simple video.

Edit: the bloke has uploaded a two more, this one involving a car chase:

And:

Last edited:
Wonder why they were removed?

Not enough time to finish?

Or intentionally cut to present as free DLC to pretend its something new?

yota71

Forum regular
The video:
- this appears to be from an earlier version of the gig to recover the surveillance footage possessed by Maelstrom of the cop killing someone, it must have originally been a braindance to investigate rather than a simple video.
The Braindance was replaced by a surveillance video, the quest exist in the game, where you have to cover or kill the corrupted agent

During a mission in a motel, the game bugged and I got teleported behind a locked door where there was 2 bots playing cards. No way to exit it, should have took a screen shot :(

During a mission in a motel, the game bugged and I got teleported behind a locked door where there was 2 bots playing cards. No way to exit it, should have took a screen shot :(
There a is a hotel with a locked door requiring strength 20 to open, and inside is a robot giving another a striptease.

I like how clickbaity the title is. These are disabled gigs because they are unfinished, not deleted. The guy accessed these through the Debug New Game menu. Couldn't even fix the camera bugs.

Last edited:
Before everyone gets crazy with their conspiracy theories, and attacking the developers with the removing content theme.

Everyone should know that there are a lot of games, that do the same thing if you don't believe me go to nexus and you will find several mods that have put unused content that has been found back into games. Bethesda doing this is a good example, but there are many others. If you play the content you will find, that either it just didn't fit with the rest of the game, or it was just unworkable in the end.

There are some games that do put locked content in them in which later you must buy DLC to unlock, but I do not think that this was meant for anything like that.

There are a lot of things unused that they do not remove which is my biggest complaint about this it makes a lot of bloating in the file size of the game.

Recently, CDPR said there is no cut content in the game, just UNFINISHED content. Honestly, the difference between the two things is a semantic nuance, at best. :p Anyway, i really hope they fix/finish these UNFINISHED ( :p ) gigs in the future, so we can finally play them the legit way.

Phair

Forum regular
Recently, CDPR said there is no cut content in the game, just UNFINISHED content. Honestly, the difference between the two things is a semantic nuance, at best. :p Anyway, i really hope they fix/finish these UNFINISHED ( :p ) gigs in the future, so we can finally play them the legit way.

No I'm afraid you're wrong it is not a semantic nuance that makes the difference.

Sometimes when making a game it may change along the way and some things that were in the game don't fit with what was changed, so they don't use that part of the game or they don't finish it. Doing this is done by many different developers as their game progress in its development.

And sometimes, they find that some quests, even if they're finished, need to be removed because they just don't fit in like they intended, for many different reasons.

All of this is a standard in game development not just CDPR, that's why I pointed out and an example Bethesda, in my post.

Not really, you can polish something so it's technically amazing and it can still be absolutely crap and ruin the flow of the story and get cut.

Top Bottom