Atheletics Exp Problem

+
So patch 1.2 seems to have done two things in relation to athletics, one removed the 'AFK athletics max level glitch/exploit', two nerfed the exp gain of athletics.

Could CDPR explain how we are meant to actually level our athletics now post 1.2? I get that exploits will gradually be removed but to also nerf the exp gain. Just made it impossible to actually level up your atheletics, unless you want to waste about 3 days grinding slashing a katana at a wall. I mean the exp gain for athletics was grindy to begin with prior to 1.2 but at least we had the exploit to make it more bearable.

Last edited:
Is it in the patch notes that they changed it? Man this has been a bummer from day one. I didn't know there was an exploit.
But how did it change for you? I can't tell the difference from before

Is it in the patch notes that they changed it? Man this has been a bummer from day one. I didn't know there was an exploit.
But how did it change for you? I can't tell the difference from before

There was an exploit where if you had a berserk cybersystem, you could enter berserk mode, run and slide and then hit the inventory button and your athletics exp would continuously increase until it maxed as long as you remained in the inventory menu (It basically tricked the game into thinking you were permantely sliding in bersek mode, only took about an hour to go from atheletics level 5 to 20). I've not tested it myself but ive seen a streamer test it and it didnt work for them post 1.2.

Also now however, you used to get about 100+ exp for just generally slashing around at things, now its about 20exp after patch 1.2.

Maybe it's a good idea to use melee weapon or gorilla arms :)
This is the problem players have played the game with total melee builds and found they only got as high as level 12 athetlics prior to patch 1.2. Post patch 1.2 its even worse, even if you play only with gorilla arms and or a melee weapon, the exp gain will only get you to about level 6/7, unless you grind for 3-4 days.

I mean its kind of absurd that playing a total melee build for 60+ hours will not get you anywhere near max level.

You have test what you said ?
I'm actualy lvl 47 on fresh 1.2, just running/jumping (no melee or gorilla arms) i'm lvl 6 (max) in athletic...

You have test what you said ?
I'm actualy lvl 47 on fresh 1.2, just running/jumping (no melee or gorilla arms) i'm lvl 6 (max) in athletic...
Yes there's a marked decrease in exp gain from prior to patch 1.2 and post 1.2. I know you can grind exp for athletics still by jumping and running around. But the grind is even more frustrating now.

I mean it doesnt really affect me majorly now as i've only got three playthrough saves where my althelics is already maxed out. But for others starting a new playthrough post 1.2, the grind is going to be annoying.

If i have to playing a melee character, i will do every NCPD scanner hustles with melee or gorilla arms... And i'm certainly go much highter than lvl 6/7 (or even 12...)

Hello there.

I realized how nerfed it is the xp progression with athletics in the 1.2 version. Before this patch there wasn't any problem thanks to the XP bug/exploit using berserk cyberware and punching.

It is impossible reach level 20 only jumping around there, punching or breaking machine gun torrets.

I was like you searching in forums how the f*** gain in a legit way without using any mods.

But this night I've find out how gain athletics tons of athletics xp easily.

This work for me:

Defeat someone with gorilla arms with Berserk Cyberware (I am using the Militech Berserk MK.5), and THEN HIT THE CORPSE with gorilla arms, like negan, hit the corpse again and again, and again and again, and when you hit the corpse try to taunt him also, crouch, stand, crouch, stand while you are punching the corpse, like a dance.

I pass from level 7 to level 9 of athletics in only 2 minutes !

Sorry for my english

Let me know if this work for you !

This has become ridiculous. I tried to level athletics to level 6 yesterday. Spamming mele-punch + dodging while hydrated it took an average of 30 seconds to gain one XP reward of 20 XP.

Level 5 requires aprox 2700 XP so that takes 68 minutes of continuous boxing and dodging.
Level 6 requires 3660 XP so that will take 91 minutes.
I don't even want to think about how long level 15-20 will take.

Fortunately there is a new glitch that works with patch 1.2. Its similar as Dalviums tip above but works without gorilla arms and without a body to hit.

I tried it today and moved from level 6-9 in 10 minutes. It does require the Berserk.

It's Gravegamers tip a bit down in the thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumCyberpunk/comments/mh82hw
I did not have to go back and forth in the menu as he states, just doing the rest worked for me.

Normally I don't like cheats, but in this situation I actually don't se any alternative. Not until the raise the XP from 20 to 100 for each "reward" or something similar.

Xbox One Player here, I'm going to test the gorilla berserk method against earning experience. Using different Systems and cyberware mods to see what affects athletics xp gains the best.

( SPOILERS )

IMO athletics is a victim of cut content, all that gym equipment around....even Rhino ( beat on the brat ) says you can use the equipment if you beat her so...maybe they DLC it? probably not, who knows at this point.......

So patch 1.2 seems to have done two things in relation to athletics, one removed the 'AFK athletics max level glitch/exploit', two nerfed the exp gain of athletics.

Could CDPR explain how we are meant to actually level our athletics now post 1.2? I get that exploits will gradually be removed but to also nerf the exp gain. Just made it impossible to actually level up your atheletics, unless you want to waste about 3 days grinding slashing a katana at a wall. I mean the exp gain for athletics was grindy to begin with prior to 1.2 but at least we had the exploit to make it more bearable.
I had the same problem

Can confirm that as of 08.07.2021 in patch 1.23 the berserk + punching method works. Get stamina as low as possible, then go into berserk and punch your hearth out. Don`t let the stamina bar fill up. I used gorilla fist and Militech Berserker mk5. I do not know if using katana/regular fists/ manta blade gives more or less xp. I tried to print screen as i got athletics lvl 9, but alas i didn`t manage. So try it for yourself, hopefully it solves your athletics problem as it did mine.

Edit: Im lvl 20 athletics now, just walking from crime scene to crime scene and doing some minor quests, punching 1 minute, running 1 minute. Took a little while. I estimate that with the epic gorilla fists i were using, i got roughly 12k xp per minute of berserk, i tried with katana and got a little less xp. I had no skills in stamina reduction when lvling up athletics. If you do, buy the respec shard from one of the ripperdoctors.

Last edited:
Platform : PC
Level : 50
Version : 1.23
Athletic : 11 --> 20

Athletic Exp glitch still worked in 1.23 on PC and unlocked "Ten out of Ten" achievement.

No need to keep running / dodging / jumping / sliding / swimming whatever.
Just ONE PUNCH with Gorilla Arm triggers the Exp glitch.
Sliding or dodging didn't trigger the glitch for me. Marathoner perk may be the reason why sliding or dodging didn't trigger, because if Marathoner is on, running does not drain Stamina.

How I did it.
1. Equipped with Gorilla Arm and Berserk Operating System at Ripperdoc
2. Go into Berserk by pressing "E" key
3. Immediately click left mouse button to punch (no need to punch anything), press "I" key to open the Inventory.
4. Then open Character screen and leave it open.

That's it! Athletic Exp will keep coming in until you reach level 20. So you can just switch screens and watch YouTube or sip a cup of coffee. Return to Cyberpunk screen from time to time to check your current level. However, never close the Inventory screen.

Last edited:
Athletic Exp glitch still worked in 1.23 on PC and unlocked "Ten out of Ten" achievement.

No need to keep running / dodging / jumping / sliding / swimming whatever.
Just ONE PUNCH with Gorilla Arm triggers the Exp glitch.
Sliding or dodging didn't trigger the glitch for me. Marathoner perk may be the reason why sliding or dodging didn't trigger, because if Marathoner is on, running does not drain Stamina.

How I did it.
1. Equipped with Gorilla Arm and Berserk Operating System at Ripperdoc
2. Go into Berserk by pressing "E" key
3. Immediately click left mouse button to punch (no need to punch anything), press "I" key to open the Inventory.
4. Then open Character screen and leave it open.

Looks like the Athletics Exp glitch seems to have finally been fixed in 1.3.
One punch with Gorilla Arm method didn't work in 1.3.

so they've patched out the exploit used because of a bugged mechanic but didn't correct the bugged mechanic that was the reason the exploit was used.
..wow...
their train of thought must run on tracks made of panicked lemmings

Top Bottom