Athletics Perk Experience (Game-breaking Gain)

+
It seems as though the Athletics Perk Tree is essentially broken.

At 15.5 hours played and refusing to use a car for the sake of raising the tree I'm only at 29% experience on the first level.
I'm at 21 hrs, using exclusively pistols and revolvers am at handgun tree level 10 :/
Like i'm trying to like this game but it needs like 2 years in the oven.
And there are people saying that patches will fix this, but while patches can fix bugs and add optimization, patches can't fix shallow and clearly underthought and underdeveloped game mechanics.
I'm baffled that CDPR had QA and non of the QA acknowledged that core game mechanics are just plain shallow and undone, or they did but game faced some problems since 2012 and needed to be scrapped and put back in a year or so, which seems very probable tbh.
Expected this from Bungie but not CDPR.

I think I found the source of athletics bug but don't know where to repot.
There are many action to gain athletics exp but it wrongly reset the procedure of exp awarding.
For example, you gain 20 exp every 50 jumps. But if jump 49 times and move, the count reset to 0.
If playing normally we jump/run/dodge freely and frequently reset exp awarding counter.

This is definitely a bug.
I can't create a post so hope dev can see it here.

Guest 4456526

Tx for this thread. I was wondering why I didn't get any Athletics xp at all.

Guest 4456526

I can't be bothered. Setting up Voice Attack for a command with 10000 space presses with a 1 sec pause. Gonna take a nap while I wait.

Same here, not gaining any Athletics skill since game launch. Even with lates 1.6gb patch so..

HWG

Forum regular
I've also noticed a halt to my athletics, was still gaining athletics / handguns etc as of 1.03

I think I found the source of athletics bug but don't know where to repot.
There are many action to gain athletics exp but it wrongly reset the procedure of exp awarding.
For example, you gain 20 exp every 50 jumps. But if jump 49 times and move, the count reset to 0.
If playing normally we jump/run/dodge freely and frequently reset exp awarding counter.

This is definitely a bug.
I can't create a post so hope dev can see it here.

I am posting here because I also cannot create a thread. Athletics is definitely broken, either by bug or poor design.
I tried to reproduce the bug you had with jumping. I got 22 xp from jumping about 100 times consistently at Athletics level 2. I tried jumping 90 times, then moving, then jumping again. I still got xp after about 10 jumps.

HOWEVER, I was able to reproduce your issue when I jumped 90 times and then saved and loaded. It looks like whatever counter the game is taking for athletics xp resets upon loading a game. I am currently on patch 1.04. I will have to try a few more times to verify, but even if there is a bug, getting 2xp per jump is still abysmally low.

So i basically wasnt paying any attention to athletics until i needed to force a door open...and couldnt. I started swinging my machete around and saw +20 xp. I then began to spam it and see +20 every 30 seconds or so. Dodging around also does the same thing. Its an extremely slow process.

Not sure if its a bug or not. It appears to be intended and was probably done for the melee folks....i dont know really.

Something needs adjusting, thats for sure. At this pace...it will take months for this to be at any acceptable level.

The Athletics skill gains based on how much Stamina you expend, which does cause a problem if you're not playing a melee character. Running doesn't use a lot of stamina, so even if you're running from location to location you basically get no advancement.

You can deliberately train the Athletics skill by just punching the air to drain stamina, but you'd have to do that for hours. They definitely need to add more XP triggers for Athletics, like every time you sprint a certain distance, climb something etc.

Yep I have to agree, I have 18h and I like to use melee weapons so I sprint and dodge a lot using stamina yet I made only 3% in Athletics in level 1. I still need 97% to get to lv2 Its ridiculous.

I barely noticed it was leveling up until I bought the double jump cybernetic and started hopping around everywhere.

Top Bottom