Athletics Skill, way too hard to level.

+
I mean, at overall level 13 I still had 1 in Athletics... and I ran mostly everywhere and with some extra effort I finally hit 2. After just trying to push Athletics up, by expending stamina(only way I know so far of raising the skill) for around 30 minutes at least I still have not hit 3. I can only imagine how hard it will be to ever get 20 in this skill, for those high Body types out there.
The experience gain is way too low per tick compared to other skills, or the exp ticks are too infrequent. Unlike other skills, this one is just too difficult to raise, even at low levels... IMO.

Same. Even with the whole "just constantly punch to deplete stamina while walking everywhere", I'm still maybe 300 exp into rank 2. Every other skill I have is at least 1 level away from being maxed, but Athletics is just so slow.

Level 25 and barely partially into level 2. So.....definitely broken and useless I imagine it's not going much higher even at level 50.

I mean, at overall level 13 I still had 1 in Athletics... and I ran mostly everywhere and with some extra effort I finally hit 2. After just trying to push Athletics up, by expending stamina(only way I know so far of raising the skill) for around 30 minutes at least I still have not hit 3. I can only imagine how hard it will be to ever get 20 in this skill, for those high Body types out there.
The experience gain is way too low per tick compared to other skills, or the exp ticks are too infrequent. Unlike other skills, this one is just too difficult to raise, even at low levels... IMO.
No you're not alone in this frustration. The game is in dire need of rebalancing and optimization. Have some faith and patience. This issue will be addressed in the near future. Either by the PC modding community or CDPR. Whichever comes first.

I found NO need to focus on certain type of weapon, at least int the beginning, 50 hours in. Using any single type of weapon maxes out the skill until you upgrade the attribute so it can level again, so switch up weapons to max them all to your attributes for extra perk points. Other skills like Engineering are also hard to do but possible. This is not the case with Athletics.

I have Athletics at 2 at the best and it's broken. There is no way to max it to 20 without a macro (exploit).

Top Bottom