Athletics

+
Hi i realized during the game that athletics lvl up much slower then other skills u should take a look at that for ex after i stunned 5 enemies with the batoon i was awarded 20 xp in athletics meanwhile my cold blood increased by 139 xp i know that athletics is tie to stamina bar but still xp gain is v low compared to other skills especially in higer lvls of athletics . Can u u take a look at that ?

Literally read my mind! I was about to post something about Athletics and then saw this. My problem is that I'm running around a lot, not all the time but I'm still at Level 1 Athletics with 5% progress! I'm not using melee weapons at all, though.

During the first 20ish hrs I avoid using vehicle if possible, turn out that I only got lvl 2 Athletic as result. Now I'm 50hrs in game, only lvl 4 Athletic. I don't even know how to lvl this skill. Outrage!

During the first 20ish hrs I avoid using vehicle if possible, turn out that I only got lvl 2 Athletic as result. Now I'm 50hrs in game, only lvl 4 Athletic. I don't even know how to lvl this skill. Outrage!
I've been told you level this skill up through running and sprinting but I've found that doesn't make a noticeable difference. However, after playing on of the Beat a Brat missions I found it boosted Athletics quite a bit, even though I failed the mission itself so it seems hand to hand combat boosts it too.

Jump, jump, double jump around LOL
Recently I saw a vid says that to lvl up Athletic, V need to have his stamina bar depleted. So, I not only unlocked the perk that increase the maximum stamina, I also have that no sprint stamina cost perk unlocked, makes lvling up Athletic very hard. Not even jump can deplete my stamina bar I guess. Need to melee fight to exhaust that bar I guess.

I've gotten Athletics XP from falling far enough to hurt/stun me before, but none for jumping and sprinting around for 5 minutes, even at level 2. Doesn't seem worthwhile pursuing at the moment.

Recently I saw a vid says that to lvl up Athletic, V need to have his stamina bar depleted. So, I not only unlocked the perk that increase the maximum stamina, I also have that no sprint stamina cost perk unlocked, makes lvling up Athletic very hard. Not even jump can deplete my stamina bar I guess. Need to melee fight to exhaust that bar I guess.

It might just be me. But i feel like you can run so much. I have 5 in body and feel like i can run for quite a long time. Atleast out of combat. So didn't get whey it was in. I guess if you go melee build. Or plan to run everywhere, which i found pointless as we have a car.

But athletics needs a fixing or serious boost

Reporting same issue. Well everybody has it.
There are glitches and stuff that help you level it faster. But thats not a solution.

Using melee build and running, jumping, swimming, dashing, fighting etc got me on lvl 2 athletics. My level is 30 and everything else i use is above 10.

This is broken and normal athletic stuff you do gives you only couple XP. It need big adjustment.

Please fix this asap.

force-opening doors gives you like 100+xp for each time you do it. problem is - thats not repeatable, theres only very few doors to force-open and you MAY need the Gorilla Arms implant to get the option at all (also strength at around 7+, but since you want to train athletics, which is a sub-attrib to str, that shouldnt be a problem). I feel like force-opening should be a far more common option.

Last edited:
I am under the impression that using blades weapons, or the mantis, helps to level up Athletics too.
Post automatically merged:

also a fast way to deplete the stamina is to spam the side/forward dodges

Last edited:
I am under the impression that using blades weapons, or the mantis, helps to level up Athletics too.

also a fast way to deplete the stamina is to spam the side/forward dodges
It does not. Level 22, athletics 3 after playing melee only

I think there's something bugged with penalty for depleting stamina bar also.

So, yeah, just found something that does level it up faster. Need at least 8 in body skill, then just approach any ground placed gun turret, and you'll get option to rip the gun out of it. 100+ per attempt. It also works on turrets that you previously turned off with hacking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom