ATTENTION - The TPP FPP THREAD IS CLOSED FOR NOW. OTHERS WILL BE DELETED

+
Invalid data leads to invalid conclusions.

Like, for example, staring at the horizon can make it incredibly easy to conclude the Earth is flat. Or everyone who goes to a bath house getting sick can lead you to conclude bathing causes disease (this actually happened in Europe). Or Sard bribing people to like him can lead you to conclude he's really a terrible person (where's my money, Sard?). And for a long time, medical science thought ulcers were caused by stress because they show up often in people with a lot of stress; turns out they're caused by bacteria and drugs like aspirin.

Looking at bad data is often worse than having no data at all. Rather than leaving you with no idea, it can lead you to a false or even harmful idea that has far worse impacts than simply not knowing.

That's why "But you will have some data to process" is not an acceptable reason.

But they do have more data to process than the plain numbers shown in the poll. Who voted, how many legit accounts voted, etc, things we cannot see.

Someone may have 100 accounts and cast 100 votes and if CDPR controls the poll knows that is it? But I believe I analyzed with my poor english above, WHY the poll is not needed, because CDPR knows what people will vote in these forums…

Fun fact, if they cast a poll inside call of duty forums they may get what they want :) Anyway its their game, they can do whatever they like with it, its not the end of the world for us.

Last edited:
But they do have more data to process than the plain numbers shown in the poll. Who voted, how many legit accounts voted, etc, things we cannot see.

Someone may have 100 accounts and cast 100 votes and if CDPR controls the poll knows that is it? But I believe I analyzed with my poor english above, WHY the poll is not needed, because CDPR knows what people will vote in these forums…

Fun fact, if they cast a poll inside call of duty forums they may get what they want :) Anyway its their game, they can do whatever they like with it, its not the end of the world for us.

All that extra data does is provide more evidence for whether or not certain people are trying to skew the vote. It does not change if the data is invalid due to a lack of proper representation.

It's pretty much a waste of time to bother analyzing that data when you already know the results will likely be too skewed to be usable.

We WILL return to this discussion - after people have taken some time to reflect on their goals and why THEIR opinion isn't a justification for treating others poorly.

While I mostly already waved CP2077 off by now I will eagerly look forward to it.

And yeah, being a d... to others because of their opinions in not the way to go.

I don't know if there is a modding thread, but what are the chances that modders will be able to give everyone what they want? Skyrim is famous for it, but Witcher 3 didn't have many mods.

I don't know if there is a modding thread, but what are the chances that modders will be able to give everyone what they want? Skyrim is famous for it, but Witcher 3 didn't have many mods.
No one knows for sure, but I would expect something more limited like TW3 than Skyrim.

Some hope maybe since its revealed to be in pre-alpha? Well, I try not to. But I used the last few days to ponder on why I got so riled up at CP being pure FPP; frankly I just don't like these anymore. Not because of the CP announcement all of the sudden but because I became fed up with them in the past/got spoiled by TPP perspective; which is indicative of the pile of FPP games I bought in the recent years but either not really touched or just left mid game opposed to all the TPP games I not only completed but went into (if given) after-end gameplay.

Will still look forward to see the open TPP discussion re-opened and hope that this is a possibility for the back then teased FPP/TPP mix. Because I do like to FPP on occasion in games which offer both (paid more attention at my own playstyle while playing FO New Vegas; there where scenarios I switched back and forth between TPP & FPP in split seconds).

Top Bottom