ATTENTION - The TPP FPP THREAD IS CLOSED FOR NOW. OTHERS WILL BE DELETED

+
No more Third Person/First Person Perspective Threads.

We are taking a break for awhile. Deleting threads is much more efficient than Warning and Banning people, so everyone take a cool off period.

Any NEW threads will get deleted. Anyone pushing this will be taking a break as well.

THIS ALSO APPLIES TO TPP FPP posts in other threads! Don't take your war on walkabout! Give it a rest!

We WILL return to this discussion - after people have taken some time to reflect on their goals and why THEIR opinion isn't a justification for treating others poorly.

Last edited:
You are free to post in HERE about why you will be pleasant and friendly and constructive. I see enough of these, yeah, we re open.

But I will consider your stated intent in HERE to be a commitment of said intent and will hold you doubly responsible if you then break that commitment.

In short, if you are an adult, behave as one - if you are not, copy a nearby adult. A good one, thanks.

Edit: We -WILL- be reopening the Motion Sickness thread as soon as possible. Very much in support of dealing with this issue.

Last edited:
I will be pleasant and friendly and constructive because I want the game to be good?

Look, man, people get emotional. Some of us have both been fans of CDPR since picking up the first Witcher game, and digging the Cyberpunk 20xx franchise since playing the tabletop rpg decades ago. It's been years since the first teaser dropped and suddenly there's all this new info out there, of course people will react. When some people legit can't handle the FP thing because of motion sickness (I don't have this problem, but I have several friends that do), they've got a right to feel a bit disappointed with the change in direction.

Take it as a sign of an active fanbase that is passionate about CP2077 and cares about the studio making it :)

Thanks for this. I understand why people feel so strongly about the issue, but I definitely think it's a good time to let cooler heads prevail and move on to other subjects for a while.

Personally, my opinion on the TPP/FPP thing is pretty well-documented and not that complicated, so personally I don't have much interest in hashing it out anymore.

I've tried my best to be constructive, there's a problem with the argument itself tho.
While I fully understand why that thread was closed, I'm afraid that's just gonna be the nature of these arguments.
CD has carefully explained the why's of their decision and everyone that has seen the demo agrees, the rest is just wild west and hopeful thinking, people get personal and curse each other, others ignore facts, others get riled up and keep trying to push what CD has said in people faces, sometimes way too aggressively, others answer to this on the same way, or passive aggressively, etc.

I don't know if this kind of post is even allowed here and I apologize if I'm being off topic, but I feel it's worth nothing that.
This is a game that many are extremely hyped for, lots of us since that 2012 announcement, people will get vocal because they are passionate about it.
At the end of the day this is ultimately CD choice, CD vision for CD game, the rest is gonna be people pushing for their own side constantly until this cools down to a point where there's no real point in discussing it as the subject has been mostly blown over by then.

I will be pleasant and friendly and constructive because the more resources and time are spent on monitoring and correcting the forums, the less time and resources are spent on actually improving the game.

Think of the devs, they are people too.

Too bad the previous thread was closed, it had the vote table which actually represents the people's mind on that clear enough. You should delete or close the comments, but not the thread itself.

UPD
I see, the thread is actally still alive, but with closed comments. Ok so

Good decision, it was just raging on and on....
for everyone still concerned... you might watch the
latest YongYea Video he addresses the concerns and he was on
the TPP site to.

All i can say is thank you mods for stepping in. Let get things calm
down a bit.

So long

Close the topic was the right decision.
In fact, the topic is very important and relevant, but users have written so many negative comments that useful, important and relevant comments have been irretrievably lost among the many negative comments and discussions outside the topic.
Yet, I think it was worth leaving at least an opportunity to vote on that topic in order to get statistical information about how it is important for future players of Cyberpunk 2077. If you look at how violent the users reacted to this topic, then developers should be aware of this, and the resulting data can be useful to developers in any case, even if they never planned to change something in their game from voting. Dry statistics are much better than a deafening roar of negativity and emotion in the comments. With all due respect to CDPR, the administration of the forum and all users.

I agree with closing this topic for a while and let everybody cool down. It went far over the top with some comments.

I think it is good to see other topics get a little more attention now. There is so much to talk about, but all those other topics where pushed away by the "FPP/TPP-war". Now there is at least some room to discuss other topics.

Even if I'm not fond of FPP in general, I wasn't arguing about it, I didn't try to force my opinion to anyone or dishonest anyone here, on subredit or anywhere (you can search it easily). I was only trying to make a little suggestion that would cost CDPR almost nothing (in terms of developing effort) and yet would satisfy most of us.

I simply have huge faith in CDPR, that they are doing their best and they're damn good at it, but (or more like because of that) I have hopes we would find a small compromise.

That being said, I support the FPP if CDPR says it's for the best even if I'm really not so sure about it myself and at the same time I'm just humbly asking for a discussion about possible solution that would not affect CDPR's vision of the game and yet could leave their fans happy.

Best regards

empari

Good decision. This was affecting other threads as well. Imho, the best thing would be to reopen threads after gameplay lands(which won't be too long).Then, it will make sense.

I fully appreciate the desire to try to impose order onto the chaos that has become these forums.

Call me a skeptical misanthrope, but I have serious doubts that goal can be achieved.

I do, however, commend attempting so noble a feat. (y)

Top Bottom