Auberon Conqueror bug

+
He boosts a wild-hunt unit by 1.
This should trigger thrive.
I encountered a few times, when I correcly placed a wild hunt unit to the left of thrive unit, and thrive didn't trigger.
It triggered occassionaly when the thrive unit's power was on par with the base power of the deployed wild hunt unit.

Short explanation: The deployed wild hunt unit was boosted on deploy, also when placed correctly to the left of unit with thrive, the thrive wasn't triggered, despite the deployed wildhunt unit's power, post deploy, was greater than the power of the unit with thrive.

I don't think it's an Auberon bug so much as a thrive bug. It happens as well with Arachas Behemoth and Endrega Larva.

I've never encountered your scenario but
If you play Larva first and then play Arachas to the left of larva it will only boost once, either the thrive 1pt boost or Arachas 1pt boost but never both despite Arachas being a 2pt unit which should activate thrive on larvae and then another 1pt for Arachas' ability. I've reported it months ago and as usual no response and the bug still exists

My understanding of how this works is that Auberon (not the wild hunt unit) needs to be to the left of the thrive units. This is because the boost is part of the left to right, melee to ranged logic resolution process. So if Auberon is to the right of the thrive units, the thrive check happens on the wild hunt unit "unboosted", and then the wild hunt units boosts, whereas it Auberon is to the left of the thrive units, the thrive check happens after the wild hunt unit is boosted.

My understanding of how this works is that Auberon (not the wild hunt unit) needs to be to the left of the thrive units. This is because the boost is part of the left to right, melee to ranged logic resolution process. So if Auberon is to the right of the thrive units, the thrive check happens on the wild hunt unit "unboosted", and then the wild hunt units boosts, whereas it Auberon is to the left of the thrive units, the thrive check happens after the wild hunt unit is boosted.
When did thrive become dependent on your positioning on the board? Doesn't thrive activate regardless of left or right placement. Pretty sure I've placed Auberon in different positions and it revolves regardless

When did thrive become dependent on your positioning on the board?
It isn't dependent on position, and I didn't say it was.
Remember, we are talking about the wild hunt unit that is spawned triggering the thrive, and I'm talking about the position of Auberon (not the wild hunt unit).
Think of it like this:
-on board you have a un-boosted 4 point Nekker Warrior.
-you play Auberon, which triggers thrive (regardless of position) of the Nekker to 5.
-then you play the spawned wild hunt unit (let's say you spawned a 5 strength one). This wild hunt unit will trigger the Nekker thrive from 5 to 6) as long as the Auberon is to the left of the Nekker. This is because the Auberon boost (to 6) needs to happen before the thrive check. Remember, passive abilities resolve left to right, melee to ranged. So if Auberon is to the left of the Nekkar the wild hunt unit boosts to 6 prior to the thrive check, whereas if Auberon is to the right of the thrive unit, the boost to the wild hunt unit happens after the thrive check. It doesn't make any difference where you position the wild hunt unit.

Top Bottom