Auction Items Question *spoilers for the game-expansion*

+
Auction Items Question *spoilers for the game-expansion*

I want to know what do the auction items do and how to activate them :)

I was.. well not so smart and only bought 2 out of 3 so the last one - along with the trophie - will have to wait for the ng+ :p

I have the glasses and the painting. So what do I do with them?
And what was the falcon(?) - 1st item i think -

You can equip the glasses. I think they are just a cosmetic item. Geralt looks pretty hilarious with them. Not sure about the painting. I know that you can view it in your inventory. I completely forgot about the falcon having a treasure or something in it. Never did figure out how to break it open. Oh well, maybe I'll catch it on the second playthrough.

If you handle the situation well with the art collector guy you spoke to before the auction, he will give you a hint on what to do with the painting.

The statue is said to contain a treasure. It can be disassembled at a blacksmith. See for yourself what good that does.

The glasses are, as was already said, purely cosmetic. And hilarious.

The glasses give Geralt the following stats:

Coolness +20
Charisma +15
Sex appeal +30
Humility -50

Last edited:
Really interesting bit of info that I just came across on Reddit. Did anyone else know that the artist "Van Rogh" who painted Starry Night Over the Pontar is actually Iris von Everec? Here's the bit from Reddit and the link https://www.reddit.com/user/Griggul:

As for the van Rogh painting, there is a piece of paper in the basement during the heist on one of the tables. On it it lists all the items sold at the auction when you were there. At the bottom is an entry listing the "Starry Night on the Pontar", and on it it says "painting by van Rogh - a pseudonym associated with Iris von Everec".

Really touching that. Now I'm going to hang onto the painting.

the falcon figurine can be broken going to a smith, blacksmith armorsmith you name it, and dismantle the stuff :D you get a key and a document! so go for those!

About the glasses, i opened a thread in 'Inventory e items', because i found a ''Disguise kit'' schematics (i don't know if the name is correct because i play the italian version) wich require the glasses and the donkey ears to craft something but there is no icon of what. I think is for equip the two items at the same time, but i don't have the ears. Someone knows something? You can find the schematics at the bard camp where you find Eveline, under the stairs of the stage. Sorry for my bad english.

Top Bottom