AUDIO ISSUES - SOLVED(Sort of...)

+
I've been trying to play for two days to play, but I was having issues with several audio tracks. Some were present, like the sound effects for signs and witcher senses (and oddly chickens?) but everything else was missing, including music and dialogue. I tried everything from reinstalling the game, directx files, config file, making sure output devices were set to stereo - everything I could find online, I tried. The only thing that worked was going into Steam, right clicking on the game, going to properties, going to the betas tab, and selecting the classic version of this game.

So, essentially, the answer was to get rid of the f***ing next gen update. I'm sure once they've got it figured out, it'll be great, but for now, if you're having issues of any kind, just roll it back.

You won't be able to run the game from the prelauncher that comes up after you try and start the game from Steam, so make a shortcut on your desktop for the exe in the games file under the witcher>bin>x64 folder.

Hope I can save someone EIGHT HOURS of God d*** frustration. Seriously, this is probably my favorite game of all time, and I haven't played since last year. I didn't even KNOW about this next gen update, I just got a hankering to play and had the unfortunate coincidence of picking the day after the update to start a new game.

I've found a short term fix. If your headphones have some element of surround sound, go into your windows sound settings and turn off audio enhancements. Hope this helps and they patch this in the future.

Top Bottom